BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

I don't think I would buy the Riptide a Velocity Tracker. It doesn't have the right kind of shooting to do much to flyers, it's good against ground targets because big scary template, but against Flyers you'll only be firing three S7 shots and one or two S6 shots at BS3 which just isn't likely to accomplish much and is a waste of the damage it can deal against heavy infantry with the S8 AP2 large blast.

The Broadsides should take care of anti-air just fine by themselves, that's a lot more S7 shots and re-rolls to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
    Just looked this up, Longstrike does NOT have a Blacksun Filter, so now that I made the list 2k, I'm going to add that back in and make it 2,001 points. :P
    Yes, he does. Its part if the battlesuit hes wearing not actually Longstrike himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    I don't think I would buy the Riptide a Velocity Tracker. It doesn't have the right kind of shooting to do much to flyers, it's good against ground targets because big scary template, but against Flyers you'll only be firing three S7 shots and one or two S6 shots at BS3 which just isn't likely to accomplish much and is a waste of the damage it can deal against heavy infantry with the S8 AP2 large blast.

The Broadsides should take care of anti-air just fine by themselves, that's a lot more S7 shots and re-rolls to hit.
    Id agree with this. I run A similar Riptide, 2 infact but only cos I dont use Broadsides in that particular list. The Broadsides are plenty of Anti-Air threat. The advantage to the Riptide is that it can use Skyfire AND Interceptor but with the Salvo-Sides already in your list id keep Interceptor and add Stim Injector on the Rip.

Chapter-Master

interceptor and Counter-Fire Defense System works well, too. Although, the Counter-Fire is better with the Heavy Burst Cannon due to volume of shots, rather than the ion cannon. Or if you go Ion Cannon, combine with Plasma Rifle. 5 shots at BS2 AP2 is nothing to sniffle at when Overwatch is activated.

Bye the way, Burst Cannon + SMS + double secondary weapon fire = 16 shots, 8 twin-linked/ignore cover. Shooting that twice (once in shooting phase and once in overwatch) is pretty devastating.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    Yes, he does. Its part if the battlesuit hes wearing not actually Longstrike himself.
    Lol, no he doesn't. Longstrike isn't in a suit. He's the tiny guy who rides in the Hammerhead. I'm not talking about Farsight or Shadowsun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    interceptor and Counter-Fire Defense System works well, too. Although, the Counter-Fire is better with the Heavy Burst Cannon due to volume of shots, rather than the ion cannon. Or if you go Ion Cannon, combine with Plasma Rifle. 5 shots at BS2 AP2 is nothing to sniffle at when Overwatch is activated.

Bye the way, Burst Cannon + SMS + double secondary weapon fire = 16 shots, 8 twin-linked/ignore cover. Shooting that twice (once in shooting phase and once in overwatch) is pretty devastating.
    After having played a few games with a few different lists, I'm inclined to agree that the Ion Accelerator doesn't hold up against flyers as much as 12 rending S6 AP4 shots does (Nova-charged Heavy Burst Cannon). In my newer lists, I'm running 2x of that Broadside team and 2x Riptides (he was the MVP of the last few games I played while the Crisis suits sort of just got shot down from various units).
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

Lol, no he doesn't. Longstrike isn't in a suit. He's the tiny guy who rides in the Hammerhead. I'm not talking about Farsight or Shadowsun.
    Page 62: Signature System, XV02 Pilot Battlesuit: First line after the fluff.

It's there, check for yourself.
    Last edited by Sparky; 04-26-2013 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Can't double quote apparently

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Page 62: Signature System, XV02 Pilot Battlesuit: First line after the fluff.

It's there, check for yourself.
    Okay, I'm dumb. Can't believe I missed that large white box. It makes Longstrike worth it IMO, didn't know he can fire Overwatch multiple times either. Excellent.

Thank you, and sorry Sonikgrav, you were right, I apologize.
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12