BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Has there been any pictures of upcoming new nids? Or is are those still held up in the Warp?

Brother-Sergeant

I also have heard alot aboput the plastic Gargoyles. Orginally I heard they where suppose to be released with Planetstrike, but probably got shoved back by GW due to time issues.

I really hope the Malanthrope enters the codex. I have been thinking about buying a FW one for a while now, It woiuld be interesting to see what GW does with it as it is effectively a mix between a Hive Tyrant and a Zoanthrope.

I would also really like to see evey page of the new codex look like the Carnifex page in the current codex. By this I mean alot of biomorphs for each unit. It would really give the Tyranids the flavor of being bio-diverse and constantly evoling.

Besides all that I'm just happy the Nids are getting some attention, even though I must say Necrons and Dark Eldar (especially Dark Eldar) need it more.

Quote Originally Posted by ggg View Post
    I agree with Shags J, particularly now I have the fantastic new space hulk stealers and broodlord to field.

I am glad that the new models have not departed from the classic stealer look. I am interested to see what they do with the wider Tyranid look in the new Codex. I understand that there is resentment that nids are often called bugs or insects and that there was a concerted move towards a Dinosaur look. I would prefer a more retro move towards a more alien, oozing, gribbly look like tyranids had when they first appeared- more HR Giger than Godzilla. I believe that the genestealer is at the heart of the tyranid image and the new range should follow their lead.
    I really, really don't want the whole race to get a revamp again. The last set was finally unified under common design rules (5 armour plates on the head, everyone has 6 limbs, etcetera) and I've already got 3 completely different eras of 'Nid Warriors and Carnifexes.

Well this is a Absolute now as they have pulled all the codex and Battlforces form the Ordering world and Retailers are SOL till the new Release
    Notice of this would have been nice

Oh Well

Hopefully we'll get some new information on the 27th at the UK games day.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by M'yen'shi View Post
    Hopefully we'll get some new information on the 27th at the UK games day.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. It's more likely that we'll see some more Space Wolf info, really. Considering how tight-lipped the past couple Games Day's have been, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Deej View Post
    I really, really don't want the whole race to get a revamp again. The last set was finally unified under common design rules (5 armour plates on the head, everyone has 6 limbs, etcetera) and I've already got 3 completely different eras of 'Nid Warriors and Carnifexes.
    I can't see another revamp, they would have to recast a lot of plastic including the cash cow Carnifex kit. I think most people want to see a scaled down Gaunt but I doubt that happens.

Veteran-Sergeant

I wold hate to see my nids look changed. I love how they look at the momment and if GW changed that I would utter many Blasphemies
    No this world is theirs!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew283 View Post
    I wold hate to see my nids look changed. I love how they look at the momment and if GW changed that I would utter many Blasphemies
    I'd be surprised if all or even most of the models changed.

don't suppose that any one has heared any facts or is it too early
    any way at my closet GW in hull i was playing a game of apoc when one of my team goes up to the manager and says that his tryant counts as winged cos his broke at the weekend and he didn't want to stick it toghter cos he thought that they might reslese a plastic wing tryant and all the manger said was to wait a few months
    so make of this but to me sounds like a new trytant is possible

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast