PDA

View Full Version : Supplement Codex Rumor Roundup

Pages : [1] 2

Bigred
06-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Supplement Codex Rumor Roundup

This is an ongoing omnibus thread of all existing and rumored Supplemental Codices.

Eldar
Iyanden (Shipped June 2013)
Biel-Tan (Q1 2014)
-Look for Plastic Aspects with this

Tau
Farsight Enclave (Shipped July 2013)

Available first as Digital Edition for Android, Kindle, and iBooks. Not in print for three months. DOWNLOAD NOW

This expansion for Codex: Tau Empire, available for iPad, explores the breakaway Farsight Enclave in greater detail than ever. It contains new background, a timeline of events, rules for using your Tau Empire collection and a glorious gallery of Citadel miniatures painted in the colours of the Farsight Enclave by the 'Eavy Metal team and the Design Studio army painters. This is the perfect compaion for your Tau Empire codex on the iPad.
Tau Mercenaries (Q1 2014)
-Look for plastic Vespids and new Kroot HQ.

Chaos Space Marines
Black Legion (Shipped August 2013)

So, I've heard from a little birdy that Black Legion will be getting the next supplement. No idea if that will be August or not though, seeing as August is a WFB month.
-August 2013 digital, Physical book later.

Definitive Background for the Black Legion
Detailed Timeline of major historical battles and events
Additional rules (to lead your forces in a Black Crusade)
Miniatures Gallery
Reference for special rules and Wargear

Emperors Children (???)
Death Guard (???)
World Eaters (???)
Thousand Sons (???)
Alpha Legion (???)
Iron Warriors (???)
Word Bearers (???)
Night Lords (???)

Via Faeit 9-14-2014

Chaos Space Marines are getting supplements for all of the major traitor legions.

These will be more and more complex as time goes on (as will all supplements) and are ordered based around how much they affect the game/core codex, and not based on anything else primarily.

World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, Word Bearers and Night Lords will all get their due treatment and be fleshed out into characterful factions.

Keep in mind that though mono-god Legions are coming, it's very much so desired by essentially everyone, but it's being handled carefully.

Chaos
The Book of Khorne (???)
The Book of Nurgle (???)
The Book of Tzeentch (???)
The Book of Slaanesh (???)

- There will be 4 supplements released within short succession, possibly even all at once
- They will be called "The Book of Khorne", "The Book of Nurgle", "The Book of Tzeentch" and "The Book of Slanesh"
- They will work for both chaos space marines AND chaos Daemons in a very unique way
- each will have its own unique warlord traits and some new wargear options

I asked how they work for both codex and the example I was given was something along these lines..
Each book is designed to represent a combined force of daemon and marine all working in the will of their chosen patron, this will be done by allowing players to take units from BOTH Codex: Chaos Space Marines AND Codex: Chaos Daemons without the need to ally so long as they all follow the same god. For example in the book of khorne you can take any unit from either codex as long as it doesnt have Daemon of nurgle, slaanesh or tzeentch or mark of nurgle, slaanesh or Tzeentch.

Space Marines
Divergent Chapter Supplements planned (???)
These may include chapters ALREADY included in the Space Marine codex to give them further flavor.

Clan Raukaan (Iron Hands November 2013)
From here (http://natfka.blogspot.se/2013/10/november-release-clan-raukaan-iron.html):

Clan Raukaan: A Codex Space Marines Supplement is confirmed now for a November release, as information from the November White Dwarf is just now hitting. This will be huge, as a good percentage of Space Marine players are Iron Hands, or are now building an Iron Hands supplement with the release of the latest Space Marine Codex.

This is from the November White Dwarf, Clan Raukaan is an Iron Hands codex supplement set for digital release in November. Here are some of the details mentioned
-Iron Hands companies are named after the clans of Medusa, and Clan Raukaan is the largest of these.
-Battles vs chapters arch rival- The Slaanesh Prince the Saphire King
-Rules for fielding Clan Raukaan including the standard;
Chapter Relics,
Apocalypse Datasheets,
Stratagems for Planetstrike, Cities of Death
Altar of War

Ultramarines

Tyrannic War supplement, Company-based like the IF's Sentinels of Terra book.

Imperial Guard
Catachans (2014)
Tallarn (2014)
Steel Legion (2014)

Orks
Speed Freaks (???)
Freebooters (???)

Blood Angels
Fleshtearers (???)

Tyranids
Hivefleet Kraken (probably one of the below two)
-Catachan Devil noted

Hivefleet (Big Bugs - not real title 2014)
Focuses on Monstrous Creatures. Book adds variant rules for deployment and FOC changes for units like the Carnifex, letting you take them in both Heavy and Elites, plus the ability to operate independently. Hivefleet balances this with some prohibited units, and the inability to go first in any mission.

Hivefleet (Fast Bugs - not real title ???)
Focuses on high speed fast-moving bugs. FOC changes to emphasize these units such as Gargoyles as Troops, new abilities and special rules for Ravenors, while Gants get minor enhancements as well. This hivefleet is balanced by prohibiting "traditional" walking Monstrous Creatures. A new flying HQ unit is included.

Genestealer Cult (???)
The first "hybrid supplement" - this book will be a combined book for IG and Tyranids. It allows them to ally, but heavily restricts units selections. Look for smaller "infiltration bugs" such as Genestealers, Broodlords, Lictors and such while the Guard are very heavily restricted on units. The list's HQ must include a psyker warlord from either the IG or Tyranid units allowed. A new psychic power list is included.

Space Wolves
13th Company (???)

RULES COMPLEXITY
There are reports that Supplemental codices will become more divergent from their source codex over time and the simpler ones such as Iyanden with its 2 page of rules were released first to "test the waters". Later supplemental codices could contain many more rules varying from book to book.

Kamin_Majere
06-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Has Ultramarines been confirmed as a supplement? You cant really get any more Codex Astartes than the Ultramarines how could they possibly need a supplement as well as the base codex.

magickbk
06-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Has Ultramarines been confirmed as a supplement? You cant really get any more Codex Astartes than the Ultramarines how could they possibly need a supplement as well as the base codex.

The Ultramarines have a ton of background regarding the Battle for Macragge and the other Tyranid Wars. I imagine it would have all that. Not condoning it, just my assumption. Also, due to the Tyranid invasion, they have specialized veteran units and are no longer organized according to the codex, they are much larger.

Kamin_Majere
06-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I suppose that is true... just seems weird to have them like that. I mean they are already the standard that all other marine chapters (at least the ones that follow the CA) are held to because they diverge from it so little if ever

robrodgers46
06-22-2013, 09:17 PM
I sure hope they do Guard. So many possibilities, all of them cool.

MajorWesJanson
06-22-2013, 09:38 PM

Removing much of the Ultramarine centric fluff from the SM Codex would allow for a more balanced presentation. Taking the current SM book, the Ultramarines specific content is pages 12-15, 17-19, 23, 32-40, of 17 pages of fluff. Take that out, and you have room for 17 pages of fluff about marines in general. And you can expand those 17 pages into 30-32 pages in a supplement. Plus warlord traits, relic wargear, and maybe rules to turn sternguard or vanguard into Tyrannic War vets (preferred enemy/hatred Nids) and some new art, and you have an UM book.
If they add Templars into the main book, limited to the 3 SCs we have now, GW could then do an Imperial Fists book that focuses on the I Fists, Crimson Fists, and Templars with their own traits and relics.

Bigred
06-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Early rumors point to the SM codex being "chapter agnostic", and presenting the Astartes as a whole, with lavish sample plates of dozens of chapters, rather than focusing on any one.

Doing it that way lets them do a much higher number of the $40 chapter supplemental codices.

To me the most interesting one is the rumor of an Imperial Fists. My question is would a Black Templars standalone book be necessary, or does it get folded into the IF one. Especially in light of the GW vs CHS case throwing out the Black Templars iconography (aka the Maltese Cross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_cross)).

Also to be honest, I think the Ultras deserve their own book. They have a really great history, and now some distinctive units (Tyrannic War Vets) and grudges in their history (Tyranids and Word Bearers).

After reading Fear to Tread, for the first time, I was able to put down the "goody two shoes" stereotype and enjoy the Ultras in their own right.

Deadlift
06-23-2013, 12:49 AM
If the Iyanden book is anything to go by, then the supplements will be mostly fluff and army specific missions. Only 1-2 pages of actual rule diffences, warlord specific charts and psychic powers etc. in this regard any Chapter, Hive Fleet, Ork Wagghhhh / Clan or Tau Sept as just examples could easily get a supplement.
GW are really onto something new here, I think it's fantastic. For added choice

doogansquest
06-23-2013, 01:39 AM
I could see the main book being more about the Astartes in general, but there will be some Ultramarines stuff in it. Just as there were stories, galleries, and a character or two for Iyanden in the main Eldar book. You could technically play Iyanden themes without the Supplement, but this is a nice way to give people a little extra who want it. It's not going to throw off balance any. These supplements could probably be pumped out pretty quick too, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have a whole mess of them by this time next year.

energongoodie
06-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Read my signature.

Deadlift
06-23-2013, 02:09 AM
Read my signature.

I suspect this could be a supplement, if not at least FW will be picking up the IH baton soon enough.

energongoodie
06-23-2013, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the next FW book :)

I'd just like a 40k supplement. The guys at the group I've been going to this year are all cool with forge world lists but I'm actually thinking of trying to go to a tournament or 2 so I could use the official status a supplement would give.

Denzark
06-23-2013, 03:24 AM
The only question for me is who will be the named special characters in the main codex? 'Cos all the biggies such as UM surely can't wait in development whilst what, Kantor and Vulkan represent?

Deadlift
06-23-2013, 03:33 AM
The only question for me is who will be the named special characters in the main codex? 'Cos all the biggies such as UM surely can't wait in development whilst what, Kantor and Vulkan represent?

I think the named Characters will remain in the main codex much like the Eldar one. The supplements will just mainly be fluff and subtle force org and a few rule changes to add that distinct flavour some players are looking for. Much like the Eldar codex, you don't need the supplement to still make a fluffy Iyanden list but using the Iyanden supplements does give a "stronger flavour" to your wraith style army.

Renegade
06-23-2013, 04:44 AM
Early rumors point to the SM codex being "chapter agnostic", and presenting the Astartes as a whole, with lavish sample plates of dozens of chapters, rather than focusing on any one.

Doing it that way lets them do a much higher number of the $40 chapter supplemental codices.

To me the most interesting one is the rumor of an Imperial Fists. My question is would a Black Templars standalone book be necessary, or does it get folded into the IF one. Especially in light of the GW vs CHS case throwing out the Black Templars iconography (aka the Maltese Cross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_cross)).

Also to be honest, I think the Ultras deserve their own book. They have a really great history, and now some distinctive units (Tyrannic War Vets) and grudges in their history (Tyranids and Word Bearers).

After reading Fear to Tread, for the first time, I was able to put down the "goody two shoes" stereotype and enjoy the Ultras in their own right.

Templars will either get their own supplement or codex, and I expect neither of those before 2014.

Wildeybeast
06-23-2013, 05:37 AM
Never mind all these boring chapters, where's my Raven Guard codex?

Houghten
06-23-2013, 06:08 AM
My wishlist is as follows:

1) Iron Warriors supplement that actually has rules for a WYSIWYG Warsmith (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440207a&prodId=prod1130404).
2) Nope, that's it.

eldargal
06-23-2013, 06:29 AM
My wishlist:

Biel-Tan (with some plastic aspect warriors)
Saim-Hann (with new jetbikes)

Deadlift
06-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Flesh Tearers, Iron Hands and Deathguard oh and Thousand Sons. That's my wish list.

yanhunt
06-23-2013, 07:56 AM

they also threw out ultras iconography. a greek letter being no more exclusive than a knightly order of st.john

sonofmedusa
06-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Read my signature.

hell yeah brother !!

Bigred
06-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Well EldarGal

We have:
-Ulthwe,
-Saim-Hann
-Alaitoc
-Biel-Tan

Left to go. I'd say that from a fluff/army organization point of view the most divergent to least divergent would be:

Biel-Tan (few Guardians, Court of the Young King, possibly some aspects as troops)
Saim-Hann (Windrider hosts of some type, new flying HQs?)
Ulthwe (even better guardians???, few aspects, better Seer-councils)
Alaitoc (more rangers)

I'm not holding out much hope for my personal Alaitoc anytime soon. Maybe it's penance for the Ranger disruption table :)

Kirsten
06-23-2013, 08:25 AM
hoping for raven guard personally, then a book for each chaos god, come on world eaters.

nexus-six
06-23-2013, 08:26 AM
ERROR: Needs more Salamanders.

jspyd3rx
06-23-2013, 08:35 AM
ERROR: Needs more Salamanders.

WTH MAN?!? Salamanders should be first. Salamanders are the epic! Why wouldn't they even be on the rumor list!?

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-23-2013, 08:37 AM
My wishlist:

Biel-Tan (with some plastic aspect warriors)
Saim-Hann (with new jetbikes)

I'd like to see Ulthwe and probably unlikely, but Altansar is the one iv always wanted to know more about.

Oh and some of the more unique Necron Dynasties would be nice especially.

Arkhan Land
06-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Ultra have ways and away the most named characters throughout the history of their codexes i think ive pointed it out before but if they put their characters together from all previous dexes they have a unique company master, at least 4 named captains, two named chaplains, one named librarian, one named standard bearer, telion, 3rd company veterans who have special rules when fighting tyranids, stretching it a bit further the raider maximus and maybe access to the Ultramar Auxilia Defense. either way no reason to single out angels/templars/wolves players for extra profitability

eldargal
06-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Ulthwe would be interesting, not sure how they could mimic the old Black Guardian rules though. Alaitoc could allow Pathfinders as elites without Illic perhaps. biel-Tan selecting a single Aspect to take as troops or something.

Bah, I don't care, I just want more background for each.:rolleyes:

Brother Garrod
06-23-2013, 09:06 AM
oh god , an ultramarines supplement , i can almost see ward rubbing his hands together with glee

David Crossley
06-23-2013, 09:10 AM
I'd say that from a fluff/army organization point of view the most divergent to least divergent would be:

Biel-Tan (few Guardians, Court of the Young King, possibly some aspects as troops)
Alaitoc (more rangers)

I'm not holding out much hope for my personal Alaitoc anytime soon. Maybe it's penance for the Ranger disruption table :)

Well far as Ulthwe goes, surely they could just 'do a Shadow Council' and have a Seer Council let you take 1-5 farseers (or 1-3) per HQ slot. (That'd make sense since we currently have a Warlock Council, NOT a Seer Council in the base codex) Add in a few primaris power swaps that buff Guardians in particular, and you're away.

Kirsten
06-23-2013, 09:10 AM
that isn't glee he is rubbing them with...

Netrunnr
06-23-2013, 09:21 AM
While I would buy any of the Eldar craftworld-specific supplements, what I really want is a Harlequin supplement...

FallenTalon
06-23-2013, 11:06 AM
What I don't understand is whether these supplements are all 'legal' for tournaments, official events and the like, or are they just for casual pick up games. Could someone clarify for me, please?

Alqualonde
06-23-2013, 11:16 AM
What I don't understand is whether these supplements are all 'legal' for tournaments, official events and the like, or are they just for casual pick up games. Could someone clarify for me, please?

As always it is up to the organisers. Would be odd if they did not though.

kire
06-23-2013, 11:23 AM
when thinking about witch craft world will get the next supplement it is important to remember this is games workshop they will use it as a tool to sell new models. i think it is no coincidence that Iyanden came out alongside new wraith guard, wraith knight, and spirit seer models. therefor witch kit you think games workshop is most likely to release next will tell you the next suplement

Storm guardians = Ulthwe
Jet Bikes = Saim-Hann
Rangers = Alaitoc
Aspect warriors =Biel-Tan

Based on this my money is on Saim-Hann

FallenTalon
06-23-2013, 11:26 AM
As always it is up to the organisers. Would be odd if they did not though.

OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

Bigred
06-23-2013, 11:53 AM
See that's the funny part - GW holds no more tournaments. The few remaining GW Gamesdays are all hobby centric, and focused on selling you Forgeworld and BL books. For whatever reason, the actual playing of thier GW games' isn't something they emphasize any longer at their events. Its the collecting, painting and displaying your minis they are embracing.

What's "legal" is now up the community. Basically the TOs of the biggest events have the largest say on what's considered "legal" or not.

This philosophy now places GW in a diametrically opposing position to Privateer who maintains a tight control on exactly what is in their game, sets annual formal rules for competitive play and works hand in hand with the TOs of the big events to ensure competitive play consistency around the globe.

Interesting paths they have chosen...

Kirsten
06-23-2013, 11:57 AM
not so, GW run tournaments at Warhammer World. The question is basically one of whether or not the supplement is an official rules volume, or whether you need your opponents permission to use it. I would imagine the former.

deinol
06-23-2013, 01:06 PM
My wish list:

1) Harlequins
2) Exodites
3) Corsairs
4) Raven Guard (Ok, I really want Raptors, but I'm realistic enough to know it won't happen.)

Mr Mystery
06-23-2013, 01:52 PM
not so, GW run tournaments at Warhammer World. The question is basically one of whether or not the supplement is an official rules volume, or whether you need your opponents permission to use it. I would imagine the former.

Indeed. Plus, do a company really need to control the hobby to that extent? It's inherently interpretative as a thing. With a strong community, all you really need do is churn out the product.

Take the BoLS play date (apologies for my total lack of organisational skills! Will sort something, I promise!). Looking at arranging a day of gaming up Warhammer World for us BoLsters. Why WW? Because its fairly central, and already kitted out for gaming. Book a few tables, let people know the date. No need for GW in that equation, nor PP were I that way inclined.

Some TO's appear to go a little bit power mad, and present tight restrictions based entirely upon their own preference. It's an official GW Codex, so there is no reason to ban it or any other codex, unless you want to.

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-23-2013, 03:12 PM
I wonder what will happen when these armies with supplement codex additions come to be updated again - will they update these 70 page books with the codexes or will they just do entirely new ones*

*this would explain why the armies featured can work without these supplement books and is more backround focussed.

Ze_Shoggoth
06-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Supposedly the next one is a chaos one.

I would like a Genestealer cult one and a redemptionists one (IG maybe ?)

Fatagn!

The Madman
06-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Where are my Legions supplements? I feel entitled enough to warrant them. :p

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Supposedly the next one is a chaos one.

I would like a Genestealer cult one and a redemptionists one (IG maybe ?)

Fatagn!

Ia! I agree. It would be an awesome way to do "allies" or minor xeno races really. I'd want my Enslavers and umbra ect of course.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
06-23-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm glad that GW's finally doing supplement style stuff, but feel like they're too tame right now. As in, the Eldar Codex already does Iyanden, but the supplement allows for Iyanden-er Iyanden. Feels like it'd be better off doing something like an Exodite supplement. Still, it seems GW is trying to limit the amount of units without an official model, so I guess that puts the damper on that.

Sainhann
06-23-2013, 09:18 PM

Money as in $$$

Sainhann
06-23-2013, 09:19 PM
If the Iyanden book is anything to go by, then the supplements will be mostly fluff and army specific missions. Only 1-2 pages of actual rule diffences, warlord specific charts and psychic powers etc. in this regard any Chapter, Hive Fleet, Ork Wagghhhh / Clan or Tau Sept as just examples could easily get a supplement.
GW are really onto something new here, I think it's fantastic. For added choice

Yes it is fantastic for them they get more money from their Customers.

Sainhann
06-23-2013, 09:23 PM
See that's the funny part - GW holds no more tournaments. The few remaining GW Gamesdays are all hobby centric, and focused on selling you Forgeworld and BL books. For whatever reason, the actual playing of thier GW games' isn't something they emphasize any longer at their events. Its the collecting, painting and displaying your minis they are embracing.

What's "legal" is now up the community. Basically the TOs of the biggest events have the largest say on what's considered "legal" or not.

This philosophy now places GW in a diametrically opposing position to Privateer who maintains a tight control on exactly what is in their game, sets annual formal rules for competitive play and works hand in hand with the TOs of the big events to ensure competitive play consistency around the globe.

Interesting paths they have chosen...

Yes one for the game the other for the money.

Gee, I wonder which one is all about the money.

Bigred
06-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Kirsten said:

not so, GW run tournaments at Warhammer World.

It that true? I've been told that WW does "theme events" and is available for bookings, but doesn't do formal large competitive events with prize support.

The big IGT events for example have hundreds of contestants in a single event, and play 5-7 rounds over 2 days for prize support.

eldargal
06-23-2013, 10:20 PM
I'd be quite miffed if a TO banned the supplements, I mean they are mini-codices. You don't see tournaments banning proper codices so why little ones?

daboarder
06-23-2013, 10:28 PM
I'd be quite miffed if a TO banned the supplements, I mean they are mini-codices. You don't see tournaments banning proper codices so why little ones?

Same reason you see ridiculous 1999+1 pts tournaments, some idiot always thinks they know better.

If I'd payed for a tournament and they turned around and said that to me, well they damned well better give me a refund...and let me know before I got there.

Bigred
06-23-2013, 10:47 PM
I fully expect the TOs of the big events to consider the supplemental books "codex legal". They are books from GW-proper with rules and an army list.

It's just more to keep track of.

eldargal
06-23-2013, 11:17 PM
I fully expect the TOs of the big events to consider the supplemental books "codex legal". They are books from GW-proper with rules and an army list.

It's just more to keep track of.
Agreed, most will, but you just know there is some idiot out there on a power trip who is going to say 'nuh uh, no minor FoC and psychic power alterations for you, Iyanden players, ahahaha!'.

Mr Mystery
06-24-2013, 06:08 AM
Yes one for the game the other for the money.

Gee, I wonder which one is all about the money.

OK. Sorry folks. But I have to tread the line of possible trolling....

But Sainhann. Wake up dude. This is the 21st Century, and we live in a capitalist, consumer led economy.

Businesses are there to make money. That is their sole purpose. They make stuff. They sell stuff. We buy stuff. They make money. Boom. Nothing underhand. Nothing suspicious. Nothing actually illegal or morally wrong.

PP....they're in it for the money. GW....they're in it for the money. Chapterhouse...guess what....in it for the money. Otherwise, they'd be what we call a charity and offering their services for free to those who need it, paid for by their supporters in the form of donations.

Please. Just stop trying to use the fundamental intent of every single business ever, including the rubbish ones that never made any money, to bash GW. You just look daft doing so.

eldargal
06-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Yep and for me thirty pages of brand new background for a Craftworld is worth every cent.

Deadlift
06-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Yep and for me thirty pages of brand new background for a Craftworld is worth every cent.

EG it's penny, not cents :p

Let's be honest Mystery, the forums up here as of late have seen an influx of posters dedicated to nothing more than slamming GW in every single post they write. Nothing new just the same repetitive garbage.
You like something, you buy it or save up. You don't like it then don't buy it. I'm happy to debate with anyone who isn't a troll. Unfortunately these negative trolling types don't even warrant debating with. Some even resort to making bull**** up to "prove their points"
Rant ends :D

eldargal
06-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Grumble grumble, stupid cents, grumble.

Pendragon38
06-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Here EG Ill give you a penny for your thought ...... :)

Renegade
06-24-2013, 02:15 PM
EG it's penny, not cents :p

Unless your paying in €uros or that dodgy looking American money:p

As for events (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=300003&section=community&aId=13400003), there are prizes even in stores, which tend to hand out strategic asset cards usable in any GW store and most other places. While your local game club may disallow it, a GW store will rule its use fair and square.

At least that is my experience.

Wonder if they will start bringing out IG supplements? They could diversify the range while doing very little, most the models are there already.

Vangrail
06-24-2013, 03:48 PM
With the marines i want a iron hands book so my bionics would do somthing. I have bionics on every sons of medusa. Id also like the cool relics that would fallow and many special characters.

LeeW
06-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Well EldarGal

We have:
-Ulthwe,
-Saim-Hann
-Alaitoc
-Biel-Tan

Left to go. I'd say that from a fluff/army organization point of view the most divergent to least divergent would be:

Alaitoc (more rangers)

not forgetting the new craftworlds that GW have named a well like Mymeara, would love the see the shadow spectors aspect warriors turning up

rle68
06-24-2013, 07:14 PM
talked to my TO for our next event the iyanden supplement is out..our lgs cant get any hard copies.. he is not going to deal with only in digital download.. now i carry my laptop to events but not everyone else does

also its a matter of timing on when a supplement is released and when a tournament is scheduled

daboarder
06-24-2013, 07:20 PM
talked to my TO for our next event the iyanden supplement is out..our lgs cant get any hard copies.. he is not going to deal with only in digital download.. now i carry my laptop to events but not everyone else does

also its a matter of timing on when a supplement is released and when a tournament is scheduled

Thats a different matter then, its common practice among tournaments to dis allow codexes released to close to the tournament (usually registration)

rle68
06-24-2013, 07:24 PM
usually if it falls within a 30 day window.. some places say use either one i find that to be the worst thing to say .. different set of rules for different players.. not a good move in my op

Bigred
06-24-2013, 09:21 PM
This is a supply issue GW is going to have to deal with.

If they have found a new cash cow that basically triples the number of codices in the game with very little overhead and added cost - its up to them to print adequate supply. I applaud them for finding a way to bring variety to the game and leverage their exhaustive written IP - nothing wrong with that. However, nothing will fracture the playerbase like having dozens of supplemental books out there that are only effectively available in digital form.

There are a decent number of people who simply wont ever buy digital products (they may like physical copies). Having lots of lists you may encounter that you can't ever get a hold of is going to tick people off.

Eberk
06-24-2013, 11:05 PM
not forgetting the new craftworlds that GW have named a well like Mymeara, would love the see the shadow spectors aspect warriors turning up
You should buy the FW book : Imperial Armour 11: Doom of Mymeara ;-) Shadow Specters are there

flekkzo
06-24-2013, 11:09 PM
This is a supply issue GW is going to have to deal with.

If they have found a new cash cow that basically triples the number of codices in the game with very little overhead and added cost - its up to them to print adequate supply. I applaud them for finding a way to bring variety to the game and leverage their exhaustive written IP - nothing wrong with that. However, nothing will fracture the playerbase like having dozens of supplemental books out there that are only effectively available in digital form.

There are a decent number of people who simply wont ever buy digital products (they may like physical copies). Having lots of lists you may encounter that you can't ever get a hold of is going to tick people off.

I get why GW might have mini supply issues, but books should be easy to produce. Odd!

I'm writing this on an iPad, I spend my days on a laptop, I am very very digital, but I vastly prefer hard copies. Part of the whole war gaming thing is the physical aspect. The miniatures, the painting, the terrain, the dice, templates, and the rule books. It's the non digital nature that draws me in. It's not a computer game. I miss the physical feeling of a book if I only have a digital codex.

LeeW
06-25-2013, 11:41 AM
You should buy the FW book : Imperial Armour 11: Doom of Mymeara ;-) Shadow Specters are there

i have that but for 1 its 5th edition and 2 we can't use them in store as manager only allows models from codexs, even moaned at me for using the corsair list saying they are too powerful

Defenestratus
06-25-2013, 12:00 PM
i have that but for 1 its 5th edition and 2 we can't use them in store as manager only allows models from codexs, even moaned at me for using the corsair list saying they are too powerful

oh please.

I'd tell the manager that you're going to find another store to play at that will let you play with all of the GW rules - not just the ones that *he* likes.

deinol
06-25-2013, 02:38 PM
I get why GW might have mini supply issues, but books should be easy to produce. Odd!

As the first book of its type, they probably ordered a smallish print run compared to the standard codex. Still numbered in the thousands. As soon as they saw it was going to sell out, I'm certain they ordered another print run. But ordering books at that quantity takes 2-3 months. I expect the Marine one will have twice as many (assuming they haven't ordered it already).

Mr Mystery
06-25-2013, 02:46 PM
I've had some experience in the print industry (family used to have a print shop) and its common practice to print more than the order when it's not a limited run.

So, for instance, a non-limited codex. Simply for economy of scale, including the man hours it takes to plate, print and bind, you'd do a healthy margin over and above the order. This is incorporated into your quote, so the extra copies are already paid for.

That way when a further order comes in, you've got stock ready to roll. That 'run' is then more profitable.

So it's likely to just be delivery times.

deinol
06-25-2013, 04:16 PM
I've had some experience in the print industry (family used to have a print shop) and its common practice to print more than the order when it's not a limited run.

So, for instance, a non-limited codex. Simply for economy of scale, including the man hours it takes to plate, print and bind, you'd do a healthy margin over and above the order. This is incorporated into your quote, so the extra copies are already paid for.

That way when a further order comes in, you've got stock ready to roll. That 'run' is then more profitable.

So it's likely to just be delivery times.

Except these are probably printed in China and take a slow boat, which takes ~2 months or so. I'm sure they put every copy in the UK and US up for sale.

Mr Mystery
06-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Possibly, though (heads to cabinet of Codecies)....yep. Codex Eldar, printed in China.....

Anyways. It's not the publisher who holds stock back, but their supplier. And even then, its not 'holding back'. It's printing a surplus, betting that the owner will need more.

So slow boat or not, they're ready to go!

deinol
06-26-2013, 04:22 PM
My GW store said they should be able to order Iayandin books in about three weeks, so however their chain works, the next batch is on the way.

The Sovereign
06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
::enters hoping for news of a Kroot dex::

::leaves disappointed::

daboarder
06-26-2013, 09:57 PM
::enters hoping for news of a Kroot dex::

::leaves disappointed::

Word is Farsight enclaves might be the next codex (potentially seen in some form in the next WD)

Edit: digital download in WD

Patrick Boyle
06-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Word is Farsight enclaves might be the next codex (potentially seen in some form in the next WD)

Edit: digital download in WD

Iyanden was digital first as well, not a surprise the next one would be too. Curious to see what kind of stuff would be in a farsight supplement, especially with Farsight already in the main Codex. Might give some hints to how the Marine ones will work when there's already a character from the chapter in the main book.

MajorWesJanson
06-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Iyanden was digital first as well, not a surprise the next one would be too. Curious to see what kind of stuff would be in a farsight supplement, especially with Farsight already in the main Codex. Might give some hints to how the Marine ones will work when there's already a character from the chapter in the main book.

Different Warlord traits, wargear, scenarios, rules for planetstrike, cities of death, and maybe even apocalypse.

Mr Mystery
06-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Just read back my previous post...

To be clear, I do not have inside info on stock levels. It's entirely hypothetical based on my knowledge of general printing practices. Apologies for perhaps giving the impression otherwise!

Also... Ordered Iyanden last week, and picking it up today from the store, so no supply issues in the UK that I can see.

Eberk
06-27-2013, 06:28 AM
Different Warlord traits, wargear, scenarios, rules for planetstrike, cities of death, and maybe even apocalypse.
and, off course, pages of fluff, nice pictures and drawings of uniform colours/symbols

bfmusashi
06-27-2013, 09:31 AM
I "demand" Codex: Rogue Trader!

Thaldin
06-27-2013, 02:35 PM
I "demand" Codex: Rogue Trader!

Like! x40,000

energongoodie
06-27-2013, 02:38 PM
If the new farsight info was printed i'd buy it. I'm not buying digital......yet

Kirsten
06-28-2013, 06:52 AM
no doubt it will be printed soon.
"it contains new background, a timeline of events, rules for using your Tau Empire collection, and a glorious gallery of citadel miniatures painted in the colours of the Farsight Enclave"

DrLove42
06-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Yep, Iyanden was only shown on the digi page, but we got a hard copy. I'd imagine it'll be printed.

Farsight Enclave fluff would be really interesting and could contain a lot of new stuff with it

MajorWesJanson
06-28-2013, 12:39 PM
no doubt it will be printed soon.
"it contains new background, a timeline of events, rules for using your Tau Empire collection, and a glorious gallery of citadel miniatures painted in the colours of the Farsight Enclave"

My guess is 2 weeks after the main Apoc release, like Iyanden was.

Deadlift
06-29-2013, 05:35 AM
My guess is this book will allow Crisis suits as Troops.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-29-2013, 05:37 AM
SMASHING.

I may actually buy this sourcebook.

Learn2Eel
06-29-2013, 08:13 AM
I want an army list where Battlesuits of all kinds are scoring, and at the very least Crisis Teams are Troops. Screw balance. Would be fun, if nothing else....

But seriously, I don't really care about any of the supplements and will continue with that stance until either Forge World or Games Workshop decide to give the Thousand Sons their due.

HsojVvad
06-29-2013, 10:15 AM
I was going to ask a question, but it seems this may have answered it. My question, was, would it be really worth it, for only a page or 2 of rules? I mean should this one or 2 pages have been included in the codex it's self. It almost seems like a blatent cash grab with one or two pages of rules.

If you really get thirty pages of fluff and NEW background, then I can see it be very well worth it. But is it $50 or so dollars worth it? Up to the buyer I guess.

So for those who have the Iyanden supplement, what is in it exactly? What is the format? Are you glad you got it?

Lexington
06-29-2013, 11:02 AM
From what I've seen, the Codex suppliments aren't going to be worth it unless you've got a particular love for that sub-faction, and/or are of the belief that more background is always a good thing. Personally, the first condition hasn't been met yet (might be, tho), and the Codex writers of today make the second condition pretty impossible.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-29-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm a wh#re for background and artwork, hence why I pay for Fantasy Flight Games releases, that are hella expensive.

Eberk
06-30-2013, 02:46 AM
From what I've seen, the Codex suppliments aren't going to be worth it unless you've got a particular love for that sub-faction, and/or are of the belief that more background is always a good thing. Personally, the first condition hasn't been met yet (might be, tho), and the Codex writers of today make the second condition pretty impossible.
It isn't worth it if you are looking for game breaking rules, things that make your army superpowerful and unbeatable, more extra rules that benefits only your army, etc...

In short: WAAC players should not buy the supplements.

The other players will enjoy the supplements because it adds "depth" to their army, more character, more fluff.

Mr Mystery
06-30-2013, 03:34 AM
Background contained within is also quality stuff! Adds a lot of depth to a craft world which was otherwise 'nommed by Nids' and not a lot else.

olberon
06-30-2013, 04:49 AM
all im hoping is that my pups wont be suplemented but keep their own dex

MajorWesJanson
06-30-2013, 06:59 AM
all im hoping is that my pups wont be suplemented but keep their own dex

Space Wolves will keep their book. I could see a 13th company supplement for them though, as all it would really require would be some older wargear and greater access to mark of the wulfen.

Cap'nSmurfs
06-30-2013, 07:16 AM
The supplement books will be for sub-factions. So the major Craftworlds, the Farsight Enclaves, Imperial Guard regiments, famous and distinctive Ork clans/cults seem to be the sort of thing that will get supplement treatment. Stuff which is a variation on a major faction's themes. Major factions, like Space Wolves, will remain major factions with their own codex. But the 13th Great Company might get a supplement.

eldargal
06-30-2013, 07:20 AM
I have to decide whether or not I buy the Farsight book to encourage more supplements despite the fact I don't care for Farsight at all. :(

The Sovereign
06-30-2013, 08:22 AM
It would be cool if the Ultramarines supplement made Telion an HQ for an all scout army.

I have to decide whether or not I buy the Farsight book to encourage more supplements despite the fact I don't care for Farsight at all. :(

I wouldn't think you'd need to. Didn't the Iyanden supplement sell like hot cakes? And there are plenty of Tau players now who will be chomping at the bit for a Farsight list.

Cap'nSmurfs
06-30-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't think Ultramarines is going to be a supplement, guys. Most of the Space Marine characters are Ultramarines characters. Ultramarines are the poster-children and the progenitors of 3/5 of all Space Marines. Most Space Marines follow the Codex Astartes to a great extent.

The new codex might be a little less Ultra-heavy, but they're the main-book faction.

bfmusashi
06-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Considering the only craftworld specific characters are from Ulthwe and Iyanden there is no reason to dismiss Ultramarines as a supplement. Also, for all their strict adherence to the Codex they have divergent units like Tyranic War veterans.

Cap'nSmurfs
06-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Illic Nightspear is from Alaitoc.

I'm just saying it seems very unlikely to me. White Scars, on the other hand, seems like a much better shout.

Bigred
06-30-2013, 11:51 AM
OP Updated.

Word on the grapevine says Catachan supplement book for IG, possibly others later.

Eberk
06-30-2013, 12:29 PM
RUmours about a supplement for the IG Codex ?? And the IG Codex isn't even released yet. oh boy, this is going to be a very expensive year.

Bigred
06-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Catachans supplemental would be alongside the new IG codex, so in 2014

bfmusashi
06-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Illic Nightspear is from Alaitoc.

I'm just saying it seems very unlikely to me. White Scars, on the other hand, seems like a much better shout.

Oops, forgot about the new guy.

Lexington
06-30-2013, 04:59 PM
It isn't worth it if you are looking for game breaking rules, things that make your army superpowerful and unbeatable, more extra rules that benefits only your army, etc...
Don't have it on hand, but AFAIK, Iyanden players lose almost nothing, but gain a much improved Relics list, plus the ability to take Spiritseers in groups of five, have Wraithlords as HQ, etc. Am I wrong here?

HsojVvad
06-30-2013, 05:08 PM
I just wonder when CSM will get their supplemental codexes. Seems like a slap to the face for all the loyal CSM players who have been waiting for so long, and Tau (no disrespect to Tau players) get one before others do.

Now I am curious, will they do supplemental for all new 6th edition codecs? What can they do for Dark Angels? Fallen? Also besides genestealer cults for Tyranids, what can they do for them as well? Hive fleet specific traits?

Learn2Eel
06-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Don't have it on hand, but AFAIK, Iyanden players lose almost nothing, but gain a much improved Relics list, plus the ability to take Spiritseers in groups of five, have Wraithlords as HQ, etc. Am I wrong here?

Wraithknights can also be the Warlord :D

I just wonder when CSM will get their supplemental codexes. Seems like a slap to the face for all the loyal CSM players who have been waiting for so long, and Tau (no disrespect to Tau players) get one before others do.

Now I am curious, will they do supplemental for all new 6th edition codecs? What can they do for Dark Angels? Fallen? Also besides genestealer cults for Tyranids, what can they do for them as well? Hive fleet specific traits?

Hopefully sooner rather than later, I would think that the Fantasy releases coming up would be an opportunity to release supplements for the previous 6th Edition codices, unless GW decide to do similar stuff for Fantasy.

Eberk
07-01-2013, 01:00 AM
They gain 5 new relics, have their own Warlord traits table, a new Primaris power for Runes of Battle (which they must take and is not as good as the original one I heard), may indeed take 5 Spiritseers as a single HQ choice (points for those must be paid as normal though) and a Wraithlord/knight may be the Warlord (they don't become HQ choices!!)

which of these rules are gamebreaking and überpowerful ? which makes an Iyanden army unbeatable on the field of battle ?

I think they did a very good job. Tweaked very few rules, made new Warlord traits, a Primaris power and new relics and still made a themed army which is on par with the other armies.

Eberk
07-01-2013, 01:04 AM
What can they do for Dark Angels? Fallen?
a "Fallen" supplement seems more appropriate as a supplement for the Chaos Marines Codex.

Mr Mystery
07-01-2013, 05:41 AM
They gain 5 new relics, have their own Warlord traits table, a new Primaris power for Runes of Battle (which they must take and is not as good as the original one I heard), may indeed take 5 Spiritseers as a single HQ choice (points for those must be paid as normal though) and a Wraithlord/knight may be the Warlord (they don't become HQ choices!!)

which of these rules are gamebreaking and überpowerful ? which makes an Iyanden army unbeatable on the field of battle ?

I think they did a very good job. Tweaked very few rules, made new Warlord traits, a Primaris power and new relics and still made a themed army which is on par with the other armies.

Yup. It's perks and pros for those who choose Iyanden, rather than a reason to play Iyanden.

Learn2Eel
07-01-2013, 07:11 AM
I agree. I'm excited to see how these supplements are handled in future releases, particularly where tournaments are concerned. I can't imagine many taking too kindly to a Wraithknight being the Warlord choice....I want to ignore it, dammit!

spaceman91
07-01-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm sure everyone is fed up of hearing about it but i really think that this supplement thing is going to come into its own when SM comes out. really can't wait to see what they do.

Arkhan Land
07-03-2013, 12:34 PM
a "Fallen" supplement seems more appropriate as a supplement for the Chaos Marines Codex.

The fallen supplement could be geared really well as a Dark Angels/Chaos Codex keeping in mind that the Angels have several former groups within their legion that went heretic as well as several chapters based on their geneseed that have problems keeping in line with the imperium. There are a good set of white dawrf rules for the Relictors already, another set for the Fallen would be more than enough for a supplement.
However... I think the future for chaos supplements is already laid out in their codex plainly on the divisions of their chapters, one for the Traitor Legions (Deathgaurd, Iron Warriors, Night Lords) and one more the Post Heresy-Renegades (Flawlest Host, Corsairs, The Purge Etc) I think there's enough for one for the fallen but I just dont think itd wpork with current minis unless they came out with a whole new set of stuff, the two re-org books on traitors/renees is pretty much just a re-hash of current kit choices perhaps with a few more HQ units.

I think well have a better idea of what we can look for after we see what they put out with the white scars codex. If its just shoulder pads an HQ and different force org, then probably less likely to see anything big happen with each supplement kit wise. If we see some sort of Scars only vehicles and some other kits that only they can use we may be in a different arena, but from what we just saw on iyanden I'm not holding out hope for anything that cool

Bigred
07-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Tau
Farsight Enclave (Ships July 13)

This expansion for Codex: Tau Empire, available for iPad, explores the breakaway Farsight Enclave in greater detail than ever. It contains new background, a timeline of events, rules for using your Tau Empire collection and a glorious gallery of Citadel miniatures painted in the colours of the Farsight Enclave by the 'Eavy Metal team and the Design Studio army painters. This is the perfect compaion for your Tau Empire codex on the iPad.

Tau translation reads: "Independence from the empire. Join the rebellion."

John Darrow
07-08-2013, 12:17 AM
oh please.

I'd tell the manager that you're going to find another store to play at that will let you play with all of the GW rules - not just the ones that *he* likes.

I have seen the GWStore where I live say no FW . So makes me think that is some ways GW and FW are not one in the same

John Darrow
07-08-2013, 12:19 AM
And I want to see blood ravens....traitor legions and 13th wulfen company as supplementals

daboarder
07-08-2013, 12:21 AM
I have seen the GWStore where I live say no FW . So makes me think that is some ways GW and FW are not one in the same

And I've seen a GW ban a codex, report the frakker to management for being that guy.

eldargal
07-08-2013, 12:23 AM
FW is a part of GW, so that manager was just being an arse.

Eberk
07-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Tau
Farsight Enclave (Ships July 13)

Tau translation reads: "Independence from the empire. Join the rebellion."

Don't need iPad version... will it also be released as a hardback book ?? That's what I want to know

Mr Mystery
07-08-2013, 05:41 AM
Yes.

Iyanden was. All will be.

eldargal
07-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Not responding to you here Eberk, but it will be very tedious if we have to go through the 'nuh uh it's going to be digital only' argument every time a supplement is leaked.:rolleyes: It was bad enough people insisting Iyanden was digital exclusive even after stores received order details for physical copies.

Eberk
07-08-2013, 07:46 AM
but it will be very tedious if we have to go through the 'nuh uh it's going to be digital only' argument every time a supplement is leaked.:rolleyes:
I know, I know... sorry about that

but something deep inside me gets worried every time a new supplement is announced as digital version in WD but not spoken of as hardback for another 2-3 weeks. (I don't like digital versions ;-) )

deinol
07-08-2013, 10:41 AM

I don't get that. Shouldn't what is "legal" be up to you and your opponent? It's not like GW runs tournaments anymore where a store manager needs to be setting ground rules.

Defenestratus
07-08-2013, 10:46 AM
I don't get that. Shouldn't what is "legal" be up to you and your opponent? It's not like GW runs tournaments anymore where a store manager needs to be setting ground rules.

That is precisely correct.

Daemonette666
07-08-2013, 12:10 PM
The supplements that would interest me more would be Emperor's Children, Night Lords, Death Guard & Iron Warriors. Many might say that they are no longer organised into strict formations, and you would not get company size or larger groups. A fair call, but I would love for them to atleast get a Chaos Legions supplement so you can organise a force which has emperor's children units with noise weapons on all their equipment.

An assault transport would be nice. Possibly a flier/assault pod that comes with dirge casters, since forgeworld have dropped the Dreadclaw from it online store.

Night lord formations/warbands could get a raptors as troops and have fast vehicles, and avoid taking Obliterators and Havocs, but get night vision, stealth and infiltrate as standard rules.

Iron Warriors warbands/ grand companies can get Havocs and/ or Obliterators as Troops, but have less choices for fast attack - say no raptors, or Warp Talons. They could also get their heavy support choice like vindicators, and predators in squadrons of 1 - 3.

Just some ideas. It would be popular with the CSM army gamers. They could even expand thing for named characters, nd bring in a few more characters that have been mentioned in the HH novels.

magickbk
07-08-2013, 01:04 PM

When I was on staff some time last epoch, we used to limit games very specifically to keep games short due to limited playing space.

The slippery slope with the supplement codex idea is that right now there are very few rules in there, but later on they could add a lot of rules. Then everyone will complain that the old supplements are inferior to the new ones.

Eberk
07-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Iron Warriors warbands/ grand companies can get Havocs and/ or Obliterators as Troops, but have less choices for fast attack - say no raptors, or Warp Talons.
This is a big no-no. Read 'Siege of Castellax' and you will see there are Iron Warriors Raptors, so they should be allowed.

(oh boy, I would LOVE an Emperors Children and Iron Warriors Supplement)

Power Klawz
07-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Iron Warriors warbands/ grand companies can get Havocs and/ or Obliterators as Troops, but have less choices for fast attack - say no raptors, or Warp Talons. They could also get their heavy support choice like vindicators, and predators in squadrons of 1 - 3.

I don't think that they're going to make the best units in the list troops for the price of losing the worst units.

Like "Hey, the ork variant list lets you take Killa Kans as troops! Unfortunately, you can no longer take flash gitz. Bummer dude."

deinol
07-08-2013, 01:39 PM
When I was on staff some time last epoch, we used to limit games very specifically to keep games short due to limited playing space.

The slippery slope with the supplement codex idea is that right now there are very few rules in there, but later on they could add a lot of rules. Then everyone will complain that the old supplements are inferior to the new ones.

Saying hey, you shouldn't play more than 1000 points because we'll kick you off the table in 2-3 hours if someone else is waiting to play is a lot different than micromanaging what should go on the table.

As to "oh, this book doesn't have as many rules as that one", GW should have thought of that already. Still doesn't seem to be relevant to what stores should "allow" to be played. If they aren't supposed to be played, they shouldn't print them.

I can say, any store that forbid me from playing part of my army for army for any reason would be a store I stopped playing/buying at.

Mr Mystery
07-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Slippery Slope is always a logic fail anyway.

The supplements are evidently intended as source books primarily.

Iyanden has a tweak to a single entry, enabling you to field multiple Spiritseers.

For Chaos, I can see this being applied as Cult Terminator entries. Single change to a single unit, and you're golden.

magickbk
07-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Slippery Slope is always a logic fail anyway.

I agree. I am more thinking about it from the past experience of third edition, where the supplement codex gave way to the multi-codex, which gave way to the WD article. There were so many variant lists it was difficult to keep track of what was going on. I personally liked the variety, but it did lead to a few exceptionally ridiculous match-ups, such as a Kroot army with one S7 gun having to face off against a Leman Russ Battle Tank Company army. An extreme and rare example, but just wondering what the supplements will look like a few years from now.

Deinol, those were meant to be separate thoughts. I don't think the supplements should be restricted in any way. In a GW store that sells neither FW models or rules, if they want to limit the FW, that is their prerogative. I don't agree with it, but it would be nice to know when heading to a store for a pickup game whether or not FW will be in play as not everyone is familiar with FW units and what they can do. FW and GW have always had this weird relationship of being together but not.

The Dave
07-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I agree with what has been said here.

At a local store, not in a tournament: Play whatever the hell you'd like, supplement, forge world, or not. :)

At a GW, not in a tournament: Play whatever the hell you'd like, supplement, forge world, or not. :D

At a tournament (at a local store or GW): Play only what the tournament restrictions allow obviously, but if you have complaints about any restrictions on FW or supplements, talk to the tournament organizers after the event (whether you played in it or not) and discuss why they made those decisions.

Most people are reasonable and should at the very least explain their hangups about Forge World and Supplements if they have any at all. I see absolutely no reason why either shouldn't be allowed in a tournament, but most people seem to forget that in a non-tournament game, regardless of what store you're playing in the rules of the game and restrictions on what is and is not allowed are ONLY and ALWAYS up to just the players of that game. Store staff, managers, and owners can all eat trains full of +++CENSORED BY THE INQUISITION+++.

MajorWesJanson
07-08-2013, 07:47 PM
The supplements that would interest me more would be Emperor's Children, Night Lords, Death Guard & Iron Warriors. Many might say that they are no longer organised into strict formations, and you would not get company size or larger groups. A fair call, but I would love for them to atleast get a Chaos Legions supplement so you can organise a force which has emperor's children units with noise weapons on all their equipment.

An assault transport would be nice. Possibly a flier/assault pod that comes with dirge casters, since forgeworld have dropped the Dreadclaw from it online store.

Night lord formations/warbands could get a raptors as troops and have fast vehicles, and avoid taking Obliterators and Havocs, but get night vision, stealth and infiltrate as standard rules.

Just some ideas. It would be popular with the CSM army gamers. They could even expand thing for named characters, nd bring in a few more characters that have been mentioned in the HH novels.

So basically, "Bring back CSM 3.5!"

daboarder
07-08-2013, 08:05 PM
So basically, "Bring back CSM 3.5!"

well....we kinda have been asking for that since 2006

magickbk
07-09-2013, 06:21 AM
well....we kinda have been asking for that since 2006

They need to just update the Index Astartes stuff from/in WD. THAT would make people start buying it again.

Bigred
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Chaos Space Marines
Black Legion (2013)

So, I've heard from a little birdy that Black Legion will be getting the next supplement. No idea if that will be August or not though, seeing as August is a WFB month.

D6Damager
07-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Iyanden has a tweak to a single entry, enabling you to field multiple Spiritseers.

It did more than that. Wraithknight as your warlord, new warlord traits, new wargear, changed the primaris power for Runes of Battle....

chicop76
07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I agree. I am more thinking about it from the past experience of third edition, where the supplement codex gave way to the multi-codex, which gave way to the WD article. There were so many variant lists it was difficult to keep track of what was going on. I personally liked the variety, but it did lead to a few exceptionally ridiculous match-ups, such as a Kroot army with one S7 gun having to face off against a Leman Russ Battle Tank Company army. An extreme and rare example, but just wondering what the supplements will look like a few years from now.

Deinol, those were meant to be separate thoughts. I don't think the supplements should be restricted in any way. In a GW store that sells neither FW models or rules, if they want to limit the FW, that is their prerogative. I don't agree with it, but it would be nice to know when heading to a store for a pickup game whether or not FW will be in play as not everyone is familiar with FW units and what they can do. FW and GW have always had this weird relationship of being together but not.

That's why I had enviserators. All my shapers had it. I agree it's a mismatch with winged kroot and normal krot infiltrarte with fleet and open up some tanks with nice can openers. Kroot beat that especially if they went first. 100+ kroot in your face. You have to kill them all or your tanks will be trashed.

Lucidum
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
See...the thing with Supplemental Codexes for me is that I think they're supposed to highlight sub-armies of a particular race that have either their own unique units, or a differing structure to them. I'd guess this in 6th edition is in lieu of having all those HQs that unlock different troops choices that we saw in 5th (Draigo's paladin army, Baron whats-his-name's hellions in Dark Eldar...might be confused on that one, might've been reavers, whatever, and so on). Iyanden has always been known for the Ghost Army theme, so I think this works very well. For Tau's upcoming Farsight Enclave codex, I imagine we'll see Pathfinders and Crisis Suits as troops choices, and no option for auxiliary Kroot or Vespid, and no Ethereals (because that's pretty much how his fluff goes, and some parts of that were in rumors prior to the release of Codex: Tau Empire)

Black Legion I find very hard to believe....simply because they are the most BORING Chaos legion ever. I'd sooner expect ANY of the first founding Traitor Legions to get their own book; most likely the ones who have a long history in the background fiction, but little presence in the rules (Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion as opposed to Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Thousand Sons, and World Eaters who all have pseudo-fluff units of their own).

Catachans will almost certainly get their own book right after the 6th ed Codex: Imperial Guard, simply because they're that awesome, and people still love them.

MajorWesJanson
07-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Black Legion I find very hard to believe....simply because they are the most BORING Chaos legion ever. I'd sooner expect ANY of the first founding Traitor Legions to get their own book; most likely the ones who have a long history in the background fiction, but little presence in the rules (Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion as opposed to Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Thousand Sons, and World Eaters who all have pseudo-fluff units of their own).

A book that is 90% fluff is probably the perfect place to expand Black Legion from the Vanilla CSM into something more interesting. Ultramarines used to be called boring too, and are the vanilla SM chapter, but there is a ton of other interesting things about them. Besides Abbadon and the Black Crusades, what do we even know about the Black Legion?

Daemonette666
07-12-2013, 03:17 AM
I don't think that they're going to make the best units in the list troops for the price of losing the worst units.

Like "Hey, the ork variant list lets you take Killa Kans as troops! Unfortunately, you can no longer take flash gitz. Bummer dude."

Does it also say they are scoring as well regardless of being vehicle/walkers. The rules specifically mention page 123, that swarms and vehicles can never be scoring or denial units, unless they are given special exemptions/rules, or you are using the Scouring or Big Guns never tire missions. If they can be scoring, then you could use rhino taken as dedicated transports as scoring units (which I can not). The Ork variant list "must" mention that they are classified as troops and scoring/denial units in order for you to use them to hold and deny objectives. 6th edition has some really weird rules.

syra
07-12-2013, 04:42 AM

I can't imagine why Fear to Tread would make you think any differently of Ultramarines as that's the Blood Angels book. Know No Fear was pretty bloody good though :P

Syra

Sanguinepride
07-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Is anyone else concerned that the currently codexed SM will get the Vanilla dex treatment with a warlord/war gear table in a suppliment? Im worried for my BA.

legalsmash
07-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Is anyone else concerned that the currently codexed SM will get the Vanilla dex treatment with a warlord/war gear table in a suppliment? Im worried for my BA.

I'm not worried, BA, SW, both armies I play, and (to a lesser degree) DA have several unique units that aren't within the codex, as well as alternative organizaitons that don't really gel well with the codex SM ultramarines heirarchy. I can totally see the various fists and templars being folded in as well as the scars, raven guard, etc. as they generally adhere to codex in game and in fluff. I'd be quite remiss if my vampires and wolves became a footnote to the codex ultramarines, anyway.

shamsael
07-12-2013, 08:45 AM
I'd rather see two to three legions per CSM supplement. That way we'd eventually see all of the legions covered. Black Legion strikes me as the only legion that doesn't need a supplement. Black Legion is to CSM as Ultramarine is to SM.

Marines already break the Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Angels into their own codices. That only leaves Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, White Scars, Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard. 5 legions to be expanded compared to the 7 traitor legions (I don't feel that the Black Legion needs a supplement as they are essentially 'Codex' Chaos Space Marines).

Pedro Benitez
07-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Salamanders Space Marines and Sisters of Battle, both could use more exploration and expansion from GW.

Learn2Eel
07-15-2013, 11:55 PM
A few nice articles from Faeit 212, cheers Naftka!

First up; (http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/codex-supplements-farsight-enclave-and.html)

via a solid anonymous source on Faeit 212
The Farsight supplement will be a good example of what supplements will be to follow. It has more rules changes than the Iyanden one and expect the future supplements to provide more and more rules changes as well.

They're being released not just to match their parent dex, but also to gradually introduce the concept of supplements and is being closely monitored.

Currently, they're selling very well. but the vocal minority cries and complains about them, so there's been discussions and considerations about how to go ahead. These nay-sayers seem to have this idea that rules are intentionally left out of the main book, so as to sell a supplement later, which is not the case. They are done by a separate team who takes the intended stand alone codex and make a series of changes that identify an army in a particular (different) fashion. Anyone who has read the Iyanden book, would see how much hobby-oriented information goes into the fluff, etc to flesh out a particular faction so much more than a paragraph or half-page could do in a codex.

Supplements are currently being released "in order" of few rules to most rules changes. Iyanden had hardly any, Farsight Enclave has more, and so on. If a sourcebook has too many rules, then GW can rope it back. Rather than run this living experiment with books that need lots of rules, but offering only few so that it fits the model, GW picked the races that needed very few rules to start with and are working their way up (hence Black Legion and not say, Night Lords).

And secondly; (http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/space-marines-ravenguard-and-more.html)

via an anonymous (and solid) source on Faeit 212
As currently planned, the Ravenguard supplement will be after the 6th edition space marine book (which will be soon) and will coincide with forgeworld's HH Book 3, Massacre pt 2.

The Space Marine chapter supplements will offer a fair amount of divergence (much more than Iyanden), while still staying true to the space marine core book.

In the coming months though we are going to be smothered (pleasantly) in space marine goodies, with every other or every third month releasing a space marine supplement, after the main book comes out.

These releases will be paired with alongside a Xenos they were famous for fighting.
i.e. Tyranids book month A, Ultramarine Supplement month B. Ork codex month C, Crimson Fist supplement month D, etc. (this is not an accurate release schedule, just to illustrate my point)

This will let GW belt out the non SM codexes, without harming their SM backbone.

This adversaries idea will also apply to non SM supplements being released alongside/after Imperial launches as well.

This concept, which is one that is well known inside GW (Xeno followed by SM Supplement), lends a little bit of legitimacy to your rumor about Orks followed by BTs. But with BT not being a Supplement and instead getting their own book, it somewhat breaks the mold.

I like this news, particularly with supplements matching the main release. I like how they are going to gradually introduce more rules to the supplements as they go, and it does make sense given that Black Legion are supposed to be the first Chaos Space Marines supplement.

eldargal
07-16-2013, 12:16 AM
This concept, which is one that is well known inside GW (Xeno followed by SM Supplement), lends a little bit of legitimacy to your rumor about Orks followed by BTs. But with BT not being a Supplement and instead getting their own book, it somewhat breaks the mold.
This comment makes me wonder about the veracity of the source, though I may be reading too much into it. The SM-Xenos pattern hasn't been particularly consistent and given the first two supplements have been xenos I'm not sure why they would suddenly start with this pattern, For example, going back to 2006:
Eldar
Tau
Daemons
Dark Angels
Chaos Space Marines
Necrons
Grey Knights
Dark Eldar
Blood angels
Tyranids
Space Wolves
Imperial Guard
Space Marines
Daemons
Orks
Chaos Space Marines
Dark Angels Eldar

Yes, the xenos-marine pattern happens a bit but not enough to convince me it is a deliberate policy, at best something they may strive for for a bit of variety. Like I said, might be reading too much into it.

DarkLink
07-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Right. Oh, hey, half the books in the game are Space Marines, and roughly every other codex update is a new Space Marine books? Who'da thunk it?

eldargal
07-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Exactly, now it may be that GW are going to try and alternate between SM and xenos supplements or it may just be that with half the armies in the game being SM that's going to happen a lot regardless. When someone talks about it being a design studio thing I always think it gets a bit dubious.

Bigred
07-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Farsight Enclaves ships with the following note:

Available first as Digital Edition for Android, Kindle, and iBooks. Not in print for three months. DOWNLOAD NOW

Wildeybeast
07-20-2013, 02:29 AM
A few nice articles from Faeit 212, cheers Naftka!

First up; (http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/codex-supplements-farsight-enclave-and.html)

And secondly; (http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/space-marines-ravenguard-and-more.html)

I like this news, particularly with supplements matching the main release. I like how they are going to gradually introduce more rules to the supplements as they go, and it does make sense given that Black Legion are supposed to be the first Chaos Space Marines supplement.

Did you say Ravenguard supplement!? :eek: SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Learn2Eel
07-24-2013, 05:42 AM
The Talon Thirsts...

Bigred
07-24-2013, 10:18 AM
OP updated with latest Eldar, Tau and Black Legion info from Stickmonkey.

Defenestratus
07-24-2013, 10:23 AM
OP updated with latest Eldar, Tau and Black Legion info from Stickmonkey.

I really doubt that we're looking at plastic aspects. Maybe plastic warp spiders/everguard (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE) and Shining spears dual kit but thats the only one thats in need of a recut. All of the aspects but the Warp spiders have been redone since the 4th edition codex.

Shining spears might wait until the saim hann for the new jetbike.

nexus-six
07-24-2013, 10:38 AM
You'd kind of think that, say, Salamanders would be a much more sensible choice for a supplement that diverges from the standard Codex than, say, Ultramarines...

Space Marines
White Scars (2013, part of SM codex initial launch)
Ultramarines (???)
Imperial Fists (???)
Raven Guard (???)

magickbk
07-24-2013, 10:54 AM
I really doubt that we're looking at plastic aspects. Maybe plastic warp spiders/everguard (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE) and Shining spears dual kit but thats the only one thats in need of a recut. All of the aspects but the Warp spiders have been redone since the 4th edition codex.

Shining spears might wait until the saim hann for the new jetbike.

The only way I see this happening is if they make an additional Aspect a troops choice in the Swordwind list, and release that Aspect kit as a plastic. In my opinion, that would most likely be Howling Banshees, as that might be a viable reason to take them over Scorpions if they were Troops in that Supplement.

I also don't think it is very likely that there will be much in the way of releases for Supplements, as so far they seem to be splash releases, although they have only done ones that fit with the primary release for that codex so far (Farsight Enclaves and Iyanden Supplements have fit with the codex releases).

Anggul
07-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Why would you make supplements for Black Legion and Ultramarines? They're pretty much the definition of 'bog standard'.

SadisticMagician
07-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Thank god for plastic Vespid. The artwork and concept of insectlike troops that weren't nids are both great, but the current minis look horribly outdated

Nabterayl
07-24-2013, 11:45 AM
I think one reason to do supplements for Ultramarines and Black Legion is to make them not bog standard. I think (and hopefully GW agrees) that "bog standard" should be the jumping off point for your own creation. If an organization is named in the background it shouldn't be the definition of vanilla. And really, Black Legion and Ultramarines are not considered "normal" in-universe.

Mr Mystery
07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
I am intrigued by the rumours of additional models.

Whilst peculiar in that so far, it's rumoured only for Tau Mercs (which is the only book I'm not convinced by, rumour wise), it would certainly make sense. It's the ideal meeting point of new toys and new rules, without having to wait for the whole new Codex run.

This means they could do a single kit for any given race, and still have it sell well. This means we may see more randomised releases, as opposed to 'Codex, Codex, Army Book, Wave, Codex, Army Book' type thing, as the Appendexes (it will catch on. IT WILL. OK it probably won't) don't seem to be held up so far, being released against pretty much anything.

Eberk
07-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Chaos Space Marines
Black Legion (2013)

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!

Physical book later. Grrrrrrrr >:-(

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Isn't 3 months roughly the time taken for book printing and distribution? Maybe the digital copy is released to reinforce the popular bits, and perhaps help unpopular bits (such as the upgrade for the Riptide's Nova Reactor) quickly after codex release.

deinol
07-25-2013, 02:43 PM
WTB:
Eldar Exodites
Eldar Corsairs (Or revised IA 11)
Tau Mercs
Ravenguard
(Maybe White Scars)

DemonFerret
07-25-2013, 06:56 PM
With any luck this supplement kick will kill off Gw's white dwarf codexs for good. What i want to see is a guard supplement with all the create your own regiment creation tree like they had back before the 5th edition codex was released. And 13 company, definately want to see that. I love wulfen.

Cap'nSmurfs
07-26-2013, 02:38 AM
I won't believe the plastic Aspect Warriors until they're in my cold, dead hands. (Or pics).

I think all the digital content, including supplements, is precisely there to prevent WD codices in the future. I mean, why give stuff away for free when they can sell it?

magickbk
07-26-2013, 07:33 AM
The real purpose of the WD codex is to eliminate a book that has run out of stock, and no longer fits within the game. Sisters have a WD list because Codex: Witchhunters broke a number of the conventions and changes that were made with Codex: Grey Knights. It was less about getting an update out for them as it was eliminating a problem book from a production/rules standpoint.

bfmusashi
07-26-2013, 08:36 AM
And never ever reprinting it or collecting it.

MajorWesJanson
07-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Why would you make supplements for Black Legion and Ultramarines? They're pretty much the definition of 'bog standard'.

Ultramarines as a supplement would let them pull something like 20 pages of UM specific fluff out of the SM codex. And give them some unique relics and things like the Tyrannic War vets back.
Codex: Black Legion would let them add things to make them more than just Abbadon's boys, giving them more fluff and some uniqueness to make them less "bog standard"

Bigred
07-27-2013, 10:14 PM
OP updated with latest info.

Looks like GW is going full speed ahead with the supplemental codices. Here is the latest list updates:

Imperial Guard
Catachans (2014)
Tallarn (2014)
Steel Legion (2014)

Orks
Speed Freaks (???)
Freebooters (???)

Blood Angels
Fleshtearers (???)

Tyranids
Hivefleet Kraken (???)
-Catachan Devil noted

Space Wolves
13th Company (???)

Eberk
07-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Looks like GW is going full speed ahead with the supplemental codices.
Which is a very good thing...

unless those "Supplements" will be so much better than their parent Codex people will only play with supplements.

(It will be a costly year for me, I want to buy them all ;-) )

eldargal
07-28-2013, 01:03 AM
Dream release:

Codex: Valhallan Ice Warriors accompanies by plastic kit with female option.

mysterex
07-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Dream release:

Codex: Valhallan Ice Warriors accompanies by plastic kit with female option.

With Ciaphus Cain as a special character? That could be interesting ...

MajorWesJanson
07-28-2013, 10:44 AM
With Ciaphus Cain as a special character? That could be interesting ...

Cain and Jurgen 2 pack.

Lightweight
08-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Supplement Codex Rumor Roundup

This is an ongoing omnibus thread of all existing and rumored Supplemental Codices.

Eldar
Iyanden (Shipped June 13)
Biel-Tan (Q1 2014)
-Look for Plastic Aspects with this

Tau
Farsight Enclave (Shipped July 13)

Tau Mercenaries (Q1 2014)
-Look for plastic Vespids and new Kroot HQ.

Chaos Space Marines
Black Legion (2013)

Emperors Children (???)
Death Guard (???)
World Eaters (???)

Space Marines
White Scars (2013, part of SM codex initial launch)
Ultramarines (???)
Imperial Fists (???)
Raven Guard (???)
Salamanders (???)

Imperial Guard
Catachans (2014)
Tallarn (2014)
Steel Legion (2014)

Orks
Speed Freaks (???)
Freebooters (???)

Blood Angels
Fleshtearers (???)

Tyranids
Hivefleet Kraken (???)
-Catachan Devil noted

Space Wolves
13th Company (???)

RULES COMPLEXITY
There are reports that Supplemental codices will become more divergent from their source codex over time and the simpler ones such as Iyanden with its 2 page of rules were released first to "test the waters". Later supplemental codices could contain many more rules varying from book to book.

No Dark Eldar Love?

lattd
08-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Just to add, any new units that are not special characters, introduced in the supplements will be added to the main codex. For example, a tyranid swamp devil may be a fast attack in the supplement but an elit in codex tyranids. This was reported on natfka's site.

Wildeybeast
08-15-2013, 03:03 AM
No Dark Eldar Love?

One assumes they would have to release a Dark Eldar codex before they could release a supplement for it and there has been no mention of that in the next year.

eldargal
08-15-2013, 03:45 AM
Yup they said at Games Day Germany that they wouldn't release supplements for 5th edition books.

Daemonette666
08-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Just thinking about the rumoured Grav weapons mentioned on the front page. How does it work against models that do not have any armour save at all - i.e. Daemons that only have an invulnerable save? Does it still wound them on a 6, or is it unable to wound them at all?

Looks like the Grav weapon is a Plasma gun without the overheat problems, designed to take out the heavy hitters like the new MCs, Terminators, Obliterators/Mutilators, and even be able to take out all those hard to kill units like Nurgle Bikers, etc.

Form what I have heard, it is in limited number (does not replace the humble bolter), but is a specialist or heavy weapon, with the pistol possibly being an upgrade for elite infantry and HQs. It could damage vehicles regardless of their Armour value on a 6, and be almost useless against horde forces like Ork green tides, Eldar Guardian Footdar, Chaos Cultist horde forces, Imperial Guard infantry heavy Armies, and Tau that use predominately Kroot and units with low armour values, who rely on cover saves and shroud. Space Marine armies could begin to look like massed scout armies with camo cloaks, and characters to boost their cover saves.

Oh well this is all just based on rumours, and we know not to take them as real until we see it in front of our faces. Also if true, it forces gamers to build more balanced armies to cope with them. Add to this the sudden advantage SMs get with 2 new Anti-flier vehicles, Flakk missiles, and their 2 fliers, they are almost guaranteed air superiority. Then you add in their Terminators, drop pods, and other regular nasty units, and add to this the now rumoured cheaper space marine tactical squads, and you have a very powerful army.

It makes me wish that Codex Chaos Marines was released about this time, so we got a few of the really good things. Maybe some thing similar to a Psychic hood that Librarians get, but for Tzeentch Sorcerers, and Khorne Collars for MoK unit champions and ICs. Maybe the Mutilators would be replaced by something similar to a dread knight, or a Wraith Knight with a few nice little abilities such as wings huge invul saves, etc. Who knows, but being first off the shelf when it comes to being the new codex off the block , sometimes (well usually) means you do not get rules as good as those that come later.

DrLove42
08-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Tigerius makes me sad

Mastery 3, all the lores, rerolling lores, rerolling physic tests and a physic hood

Good to know Eldar enjoyed being the best pyskers for....2 months?

eldargal
08-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Yep, he might not necessarily be OP but it is still a kick in the teeth. The best psyker from a race of bald apes is superior to the greatest psykers of an inherently psychic race who have been practicing their craft for millions of years.

DrLove42
08-15-2013, 07:40 AM
The ability to reroll when determining random powers should have been Eldar wargear.

eldargal
08-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Yup.

Thinking ahead to Dark Eldar supplements, IF the rumours that future supplements might include new models I think the following might be possible:

Kabal of the Black Heart - Asdrubael Vect/Dias of Destruction (maybe, but unlikely unless Finecast conversion kit), Voidraven
Prophets of Flesh - Grotesque box with new sculpts, Finecast or plastic.
Cult of Strife - 6'x4 Lelith Hesperax poster....

I can't really think of any other obvious choices, unless they do something really unexpected like Lady Malys and her Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue.

Kyban
08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
The ability to reroll when determining random powers should have been Eldar wargear.

IMO they really screwed up the Eldar codex, for the ability to predict the future they don't have any rules that reflect it. The rule quality was terrible no matter how well they do on the table. It just isn't "Eldary"... I don't think they can fix it much with the supplements either and what with the rumored grav weapons even the wraithwarriors lose their coolness. :(

Daemonette666
08-15-2013, 12:05 PM
I am starting to feel like not playing my beloved Chaos Marines anymore. The decent units in my army seem to have a counter unit or weapon in each army, and I they have not been given the flexibility and speed of some of the other codexes out there.

Obliterators which have been limited in their use because of small unit size, expensive points, not being able to use the same weapon twice in a row, only 1 48" range weapon, Slow and purposeful so they can not run to a new position easily, and can not overwatch. They are not close combat orientated, and now they can not hide in ruins as well as they used to, because every new army has some form of ignores cover weapon, and to add to it all, they introduce Graviton guns.

Helldrake: The vehicle that made Chaos Marine armies usable and help them survive and win games when they were being pummeled elsewhere. It now has each new army released after it came out having more options for skyfire, and some of them get Intercept weaponry. I addition to this the new codexes each 2 fliers, some of which are transports, while others are dedicated anti-flier fighters, and others are dual role fighter bombers. The best load out for Helldrakes makes them unable to shoot at other fliers, and then you have to hope your helldrakes come in the turn after the enemy fliers, and come in together so you can take the enemy fliers out with Vector strikes, and possibly then take a few ground targets out before they get blown out of the sky (as it often happens lately). C:CSM also get only 2 options for anti-flier, not counting the quadcannon and ADL that all armnies can use (except the poor Nids) . The Havoc flakk missile launchers are 25 points each. I know other armies have the same problem with expensive Flakk Missiles, but they also get 2 fliers, and some vehicle that gets anti-air capabilities. I find Daemon Princes are an expensive unit to take just for taking out enemy fliers, and if you add psychic powers to them to make them a bit more useful in hurting the enemy, they are a bigger loss when they die (usually to a failed invul save after a bad grounding test).

CSM troops are not too bad, but the loss in LD, and the loss of the CCW, the expensive cost to put it back on make them too expensive sometimes. Cultists are OK if you have a fearless HQ to add to them, and they can get a decent Chaos Mark to make them last longer. Having to purchase Lords, or Tzeentch Sorcerers to unlock Cult units and make them troops choices, but some of them have lost their old punch like Noise marines. Yes I can add a FNP banner, but the enemy can remove the banner bearer and goodbye FNP. I know all Noise weapons have the ignores cover rule now, and most are pinning, but the loss of the sonic blasters assault 2/ heavy 3 stat making them salvo 2/3 puts them into objective holding role where the enemy can send in units like Terminators to take them out. Berserkers have lost some their old usefulness with the 6th ed rule changes, and how they changed the mark of Khorne. I suppose getting counter attack and rage when you take the Khorne banner helps a little. Nurgle with their fear is practically useless with so many armies that you see being fielded are SMs or variants of Space Marines so you get ATSKNF which ignores the fear rule. Tzeentch gives a 6+ invul save (or +1 to invul save), but you really can not get much else because the soul blaze they seem to get for everything is a but lack luster.

Every army has been getting some huge bug nasty weapons platform Tgh 6 to Tgh 8 MC with nasty abilities, and lots of wounds. They are really hard to take down, and some of them are quite cheap for what you get. The daemon Princes I can field are as expensive, but do not have the same durability with a base Tgh of 5.

What has helped CSM armies a bit has been some of the new units, and a piece of equipment that should have been allowed to go on every vehicle that CSM get. Namely Dirge casters. Imagine if Mauler fiends and Forge Fiends as well the now almost useless Dreadnought (sorry Hell Brute). If they gave us a flier transport or drop pods, CSM lists might be a bit more useable and get to work in their traditional role as assault armies.

We get "It will not die" on a lot of the Daemon vehicles, but that does not stop them from blowing up to a melta gun. The 5+ invul save the Daemon vehicles get also helps out in keeping them alive, but sometimes I roll really bad, and goodbye expensive daemonic walker.

I have found that using either Daemons or Guard as allies seems to be the only way to bring a balance back to the list, and counter the short falls that have popped up because the enemy seem to be faster, can shoot and run back into cover, have lots of jet bikes, infiltrators, outflanking troops, and now a lot of units with nasty special rules. Special rules C:CSM used to have like tank hunters, infiltrate, scout, etc.

I just hope they give some of the Legion codexes they have rumoured to be releasing some love and give Nightlords units Night vision, Stealth, and Infiltrate, Iron warriors tank hunters, relentless, and fleshbane, and maybe the ability to improve their defenses. Each Legion should get something to make them a bit better than the current codex has made them. I just hope they do not stuff up my favourite Legion (3rd) the Emperor's Children.

Yes it seem like a whinge, but they have made some armies like the Dark Angels which cam out early just as lack luster. Daemons had a few really good rules in the previous codex, and now they seem to have removed a lot of the benefits they had before. The Tzeentch daemons have lost the 4+ invul (only to get re-rolls if they roll a 1). They introduced more tables and charts that you need to roll up on. They thankfully gave them a vehicle to help with the skyfire/ flier problem, and you can unlock Daemon Princes from HQs to be Heavy support, but I would have preferred to see them as elites so you can use more soul grinders. The other options for heavy support a silly. Chariots, and skull cannons. I also hate the hellflayer and what they did to furies. The Plague Drones are a nice novelty unit, and I find that seekers, and hounds are the better FA options.

The Codex Daemons Elites are also pretty bland with Bloodcrushers the best option, and it seems you have to pay for that. Flamers are worse than before, and still expensive, while Beasts although they get the nice counter charge type of rule, and slime trail, they still cost a fair bit each, although it is way down on the 100 points they cost before. Epi was a bit overpowered, but I think they could have done it differently so he was still useful. I suppose I am not all that great at using Daemons because I tend not to take them as much as I take IG allies.

Also because I have been playing a lot of other games like Dystopian Wars and Classic Battletech.

It is weird. I have spent more on other gaming (non GW) systems of late than ever before) I suppose because I have most of what I need, and because many of the new units do not appeal to me.

It would be nice if GW did something like they did for the Daemons with their WD release for Flamers and Screamers, and as they did for Orks and Space Marines with the Fighta-Bomerz and Storm Raven. The Chaos Marines really need a flier transport (Fast attack) and drop pods (dedicated transport). I would start laying my CSM army a bit mope then.

Thaldin
08-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Yup.

Thinking ahead to Dark Eldar supplements, IF the rumours that future supplements might include new models I think the following might be possible:

<snip>
Cult of Strife - 6'x4 Lelith Hesperax poster....
<snip>

Yes please =D

lattd
08-16-2013, 01:13 AM
On the dark eldar side, you could have a such cult list which adds new creature from the arena, so we may seen khymera pack as a troop choice that doesn't count as one of the necessary troop choices, then the beast master may get a new creature etc.

keithsilva
08-16-2013, 01:59 PM
I want my Ulthwé supplement codex. I want my Farseers and Warlocks of doom as well bad *** guardians, as well as a new Storm/Defender model.

Bigred
08-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Via Dakka Dakka

- There will be 4 supplements released within short succession, possibly even all at once
- They will be called "The Book of Khorne", "The Book of Nurgle", "The Book of Tzeentch" and "The Book of Slanesh"
- They will work for both chaos space marines AND chaos Daemons in a very unique way
- each will have its own unique warlord traits and some new wargear options

I asked how they work for both codex and the example I was given was something along these lines..
Each book is designed to represent a combined force of daemon and marine all working in the will of their chosen patron, this will be done by allowing players to take units from BOTH Codex: Chaos Space Marines AND Codex: Chaos Daemons without the need to ally so long as they all follow the same god. For example in the book of khorne you can take any unit from either codex as long as it doesnt have Daemon of nurgle, slaanesh or tzeentch or mark of nurgle, slaanesh or Tzeentch.

JxKxR
08-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Mother of god...

tremere47
08-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Instead of doing all these supplements how about we update ALL the codecies for 6th edition first?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Instead of doing all these supplements how about we update ALL the codecies for 6th edition first?I sincerely doubt the supplements are taking time away from codexes. They don't have a corresponding model release, their physical release as hardbacks is delayed, the rules they do contain are very simple, they're in time slots not normally occupied by a codex etc.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-18-2013, 11:44 AM
I sincerely doubt the supplements are taking time away from codexes. They don't have a corresponding model release, their physical release as hardbacks is delayed, the rules they do contain are very simple, they're in time slots not normally occupied by a codex etc.

indeed plus if nids are this year, we'll of had 7 out of 15 Codex books updated allready. It'll hardly be a long wait if it keeps up at this rate. :rolleyes:

kire
08-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Instead of doing all these supplements how about we update ALL the codecies for 6th edition first?

unless you play sisters i don't know how anyone can complain about the codex release scheduled the oldest dex is orks from 2008 witch wile long in the tooth is with in the 5 year window for codex replacement and is rumored to be redone next year.

Bigred
09-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Via Faeit 9-14-2014

Chaos Space Marines are getting supplements for all of the major traitor legions.

These will be more and more complex as time goes on (as will all supplements) and are ordered based around how much they affect the game/core codex, and not based on anything else primarily.

World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, Word Bearers and Night Lords will all get their due treatment and be fleshed out into characterful factions.

Keep in mind that though mono-god Legions are coming, it's very much so desired by essentially everyone, but it's being handled carefully.

Warzones however we're going to start seeing a lot more of, which will coincide with codex launches or between them to bridge codexes together (expect one for Tyranids and Ultramarines).

Also, despite being in the core codex, Space Marines will also be seeing Chapter Supplements to help deviate them farther.

nathaneal246
09-15-2013, 03:41 AM
Sounds interesting!

Any rough release dates for those CSM supplements?

phreakachu
09-15-2013, 10:14 AM
This sounds AMAZING. where the hell is my salt?
I would hope to see entries for some of the FW figs, maybe, or some 'convert-a-model' units. I'm kindof on the fence when it comes to the GW rule of 'a model for every entry' that seems to have popped up as of late.

Bigred
09-15-2013, 12:02 PM
I WANT to believe, and I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Traitor Legion books are just free money for GW.

I for one can't believe they didn't just do the CSM book with the exact layout of the SM one - with that same type of system for each Traitor Legion. It would have been so easy.

Kirsten
09-15-2013, 12:17 PM
well they didn't want to because they want chaos space marines to be something other than just space marines with spikes on. I think the GW vision of the army is quite different to that of many chaos marine players.

Deadlift
09-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Plus you would have had the added confusion of not only chaos legion traits but also benefits from the chaos gods. I think this is where we differ views with GW. They think that the 4 Chaos Gods marks are sufficient to provide variation within the codex. Where I guess we would have preferred Emperor's Children, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, and World Eaters.
But to give GW some credit they do seem to be picking up on what we want to see, I suspect by this time next year we will.

Galadren
09-15-2013, 03:33 PM
I really think the Chaos Marine codex itself is still meant to represent warbands more than anything, with the supplements giving the more specific legion flavoring.

daboarder
09-15-2013, 05:29 PM
well they didn't want to because they want chaos space marines to be something other than just space marines with spikes on. I think the GW vision of the army is quite different to that of many chaos marine players.

You do realise that CSM are far more like just "spiky marines" only worse in the current edition than they were with legion rules right?

Kirsten
09-15-2013, 05:40 PM
you have missed the point.

daboarder
09-15-2013, 06:12 PM
no I get the point, youre saying GW has a different idea for chaos than the fans thats a fair point and unfortunately probably accurate.

I just wanted to be sure we were all on the same page, in that the current CSM codex is so bland that they are basically bad rules spikey marines, especially given that GW just shoe-horned oblits into the SM codex.

Galadren
09-15-2013, 10:50 PM
no I get the point, youre saying GW has a different idea for chaos than the fans thats a fair point and unfortunately probably accurate.

I just wanted to be sure we were all on the same page, in that the current CSM codex is so bland that they are basically bad rules spikey marines, especially given that GW just shoe-horned oblits into the SM codex.

They're not Oblits. They're really, really not Oblits...

daboarder
09-15-2013, 11:32 PM
They're not Oblits. They're really, really not Oblits...

They're a high T, low Sv multi wound support unit that can operate as effective range and melee support. When I say they are oblits, I mean they fill the same roll within a list that obliterators and mutilators fill, which they do.

DWest
09-15-2013, 11:46 PM
I still can't buy the Centurions = Obliterators argument. Centurions can inflict lots of wounds on soft bodies, and Centurions can can kill heavy armor, but the same set of Centurions can't do both at the same time very well. Obliterators have power fists, shooty Centurions don't, while melee Centurions are not a quality gun platform. Most importantly, Obliterators can deep strike, Centurions cannot.

Centurions are Tau Broadsides with the serial numbers filed off. They cannot do any of the things that make Obliterators worth taking instead of Havocs, and playing Obliterators as if they were just Centurions really gimps the Oblits.

eldargal
09-15-2013, 11:53 PM
They're a high T, low Sv multi wound support unit that can operate as effective range and melee support. When I say they are oblits, I mean they fill the same roll within a list that obliterators and mutilators fill, which they do.

By that logic wraithlords could be considered oblits.

daboarder
09-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Personally I think playing centurions as "broadsides" wastes their potential, they have relentless and limited range, walk em up in the battle line as a support unit to kill targets that threaten your other units. With grav amps and their huricane/ML setup centrurions are a danger to every target on the field be it light infantry, heavy infantry, MC's or vehicles. even better than oblits they aren't forced to premeditate each turn what target they want to engage next turn and act accordingly. They have no invul sure but with readily available cover that is not as much of an issue, furthermore their lack of powerfists is not a major drawback as they don't need to win or die in combat due to ATSKNF, not to mention oblits should never be in combat.

as to the assualt version, those are straight up better than mutilators in almost everyway, they have good delivery options that muti's can't get, they have a higher base T and better weapon loadout, they have special weapons to engage the enemy before charging, they aren't locked into alternating between good CC weapons and Bad CC weapons like oblits, and they strike at I with their stupid siege weapons.

edlargal, hmm yes I would say that wraithlords can fill a similar roll in the eldar army to obliterators, thats not a bad thing. The wraithlord however is vastly different in terms of stats, wargear, and rules. whereas centurions really do seem to me to basically be imperial oblits/mutis, right down to their size and wound bracket.

Eberk
09-20-2013, 12:29 AM
No new rumours about which Codex Supplement will be released in October (if any) or whether the Farsight Enclave will be available in Hardback copy ?

lattd
09-20-2013, 01:16 AM
Farsight enclave has been confirmed for October release for a while now, think it said so when they released the electronic one...

Bigred
10-06-2013, 10:42 PM
OP updated - Nid info.

Tyranid Supplements Reported

Hivefleet (Big Bugs - not real title 2014)
Focuses on Monstrous Creatures. Book adds variant rules for deployment and FOC changes for units like the Carnifex, letting you take them in both Heavy and Elites, plus the ability to operate independently. Hivefleet balances this with some prohibited units, and the inability to go first in any mission.

Hivefleet (Fast Bugs - not real title ???)
Focuses on high speed fast-moving bugs. FOC changes to emphasize these units such as Gargoyles as Troops, new abilities and special rules for Ravenors, while Gants get minor enhancements as well. This hivefleet is balanced by prohibiting "traditional" walking Monstrous Creatures. A new flying HQ unit is included.

Genestealer Cult (???)
The first "hybrid supplement" - this book will be a combined book for IG and Tyranids. It allows them to ally, but heavily restricts units selections. Look for smaller "infiltration bugs" such as Genestealers, Broodlords, Lictors and such while the Guard are very heavily restricted on units. The list's HQ must include a psyker warlord from either the IG or Tyranid units allowed. A new psychic power list is included.

energongoodie
10-07-2013, 02:01 AM
I want the cult list so bad, I just don't think we'll get it.

Jimmynurgle
10-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I agree.. I would KILL for a Cult list!!

Kaptain Badrukk
10-07-2013, 08:27 AM
You can ALMOST do it with guard;
Straken as Patrirach
Psycher as Magos
Penal Legion as hybrid mutants
Ogryns as big hybrids

But no purestrains, which makes me a sad panda.
It needs doing.

Tynskel
10-07-2013, 08:56 AM
take rough riders with khan as the purestrain.

Kaptain Badrukk
10-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Never thought of that!

Lord-Boofhead
10-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Genestealer Cult (???)

I call BS on this. BUT we may see the Cult in that rumoured Allies Supplement....

Sitnam
10-07-2013, 03:28 PM
So are the rumors of a Q1 2014 Tau Allies supplement still around? Been quiet on that front, and Kroot/Vespid are a big reason I find Tau interesting

Lord-Boofhead
10-09-2013, 01:05 AM
I think thats BS as well.

But I can see (and note I have no source for this) a Supliment for 40K not any Codex that includes a bunch of Mini Lists that while they can be feilded as stand alone forces are mostly intended to be allies. (like the Kislev list in WFB) Stuff like Genestealer Cults, Kroot Mercs, Eldar Exodites, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Arbites ect. They may even Split the Inquisitorial stuff off from the Grey Knights and put them there...

Bigred
10-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Clan Raukaan (Iron Hands November 2013)
From here (http://natfka.blogspot.se/2013/10/november-release-clan-raukaan-iron.html):

Clan Raukaan: A Codex Space Marines Supplement is confirmed now for a November release, as information from the November White Dwarf is just now hitting. This will be huge, as a good percentage of Space Marine players are Iron Hands, or are now building an Iron Hands supplement with the release of the latest Space Marine Codex.

This is from the November White Dwarf, Clan Raukaan is an Iron Hands codex supplement set for digital release in November. Here are some of the details mentioned
-Iron Hands companies are named after the clans of Medusa, and Clan Raukaan is the largest of these.
-Battles vs chapters arch rival- The Slaanesh Prince the Saphire King
-Rules for fielding Clan Raukaan including the standard;
Chapter Relics,
Apocalypse Datasheets,
Stratagems for Planetstrike, Cities of Death
Altar of War

SON OF ROMULOUS
10-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Does anyone have any idea on when they will be releasing the supplement in hardback and not these stupid digital downloads? no offense but im not paying an arm and a leg for a pdf doc.... i want an actual book and will not give them a dime until i have a hard back with actual pages to turn.

phreakachu
10-09-2013, 02:11 PM
you'd think that a digital would be cheaper... and that you'd get a code for a digital when you bought the hardcopy....

SON OF ROMULOUS
10-09-2013, 03:12 PM
hell no i expect them to nickel and dime me every chance they get thus no digital for me i refuse i want a physical product in my possession before they get a dime.

Gleipnir
10-09-2013, 07:49 PM
we have known for at least 2 months that Farsight Supplement was coming in October via White Dwarf daily, and Black Legion was announced to be coming before end of the year(Now further confirmed to be coming in Novemeber, along with Warzone Pandorax from the Apocalypse LE)

I am sure the turn around time of digital supplements and print will only get faster over time.

deinol
10-10-2013, 04:23 PM
we have known for at least 2 months that Farsight Supplement was coming in October via White Dwarf daily, and Black Legion was announced to be coming before end of the year(Now further confirmed to be coming in Novemeber, along with Warzone Pandorax from the Apocalypse LE)

I am sure the turn around time of digital supplements and print will only get faster over time.

It can only get so fast. I expect the turn around time for printing a book is 2-3 months. And when they send the final files to print, its trivially easy to make and release the digital versions.

Bigred
10-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Ultramarines

Tyrannic War supplement, Company-based like the IF's Sentinels of Terra book.

Lord-Boofhead
10-15-2013, 11:19 AM
That does seem to be the model they are using for the Loyalists BigRed...

Bigred
10-16-2013, 10:02 AM
GW Digital released this from Sentinels of Terra:

Brakkart
10-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Hmmm I am hoping that it has rules for more than just 1 new special character. There are names of three of them in that and yet it only mentions being able to recruit Sergeant Garadon... which is a shame as I'd love a Chaplain and Librarian special character now that Cassius and Tigurius are Ultramarines only. I am really happy that the focus is on the 3rd company though as that's my army!

Xarga
10-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Unleash Lysander's specialist bolter drill upon the foe.

Hmm, i wonder what this could be? Lysander getting his 5th ed bolter drill rule back? Perhaps as a payed upgrade. Or something else entirely? Sterngaurd specialist ammo bolter drill? Buff the squad he joins bolters even further? Who knows.

We've known for some time Sergeant Garadon was a thing, let's just hope he is usefull.

Extra Centurions seems a little excessive/unnecessary. We can already take them in squads of up to 6 and they are expensive enough as they are just running small units. Could be nice if you want to say run 2 thunderfire cannons and 2 centurion dev squads i suppose. Assumeing the "additional centurion warsuits" means more squads per FOC. Though that could be read as additional variants of centurion warsuits, though i doubt that's what it is.

Hmmm I am hoping that it has rules for more than just 1 new special character. There are names of three of them in that and yet it only mentions being able to recruit Sergeant Garadon...

I am under the impression that although only Sergeant Garadon will have his own unique profile when it says this:

Equip your characters with the relics wielded by Chaplain Markov, Epistolary Darsway and other heros

That would be in essence running as these characters. As in there may be a special relic crozius arcanum that is used by Chaplain Markov for example. So a chaplain taking this relic is essentially now Chaplain Markov. At least that's how i perceive it to work. So Garadon will be a true special character and any other HQ with their appropriate relic will be a sort of "semi-special character".

Anyway all in all i'm looking forward to seeing the full details. :)

Edit: Also i found what they said here on GW Digital might be of interest to some people.

Steven Parker: Why not just chapter supplements, why company supplements?

GW Digital: Hi Steven (and everyone else wondering the same thing),

We were asked this question a lot at Games Day, when Sentinels of Terra was first revealed, and a large part of the answer is in Codex: Space Marines.

Since the codex presents the historical background and bespoke rules for fielding the First Founding Chapters (and two Successors), Space Marines codex supplements were always going to be a bit different from the others. So we were quite excited to have the opportunity to zoom in and provide a closer examination of particular characters, specific campaigns, and personal fighting styles that would have been out of place in a broader overview of the whole Chapter; it lets us give more depth to their background, where the codex provides breadth.

While the focus of this book is the 3rd Company, some other companies (and other Chapters for that matter) do make appearances, so it is very much an Imperial Fists story - the Space Marines of the 3rd Company have the honour of being the main characters.

Also, while the rules were written to help represent the specific circumstances of the Crusade of Thunder, they are quite flexible, and would take little adaptation to use in other scenarios (or for other companies - it's your hobby after all).

I hope that provides some insight.

- Sarah

Pre-orders this Saturday (19th), download a week later (26th).

deinol
10-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Assumeing the "additional centurion warsuits" means more squads per FOC. Though that could be read as additional variants of centurion warsuits, though i doubt that's what it is.

I read that as variant centurion suits or new wargear loadouts. I don't see the need for adding more to the FOC, you can already field plenty as it is. Why wouldn't there be some different weapon variants? (Is there a weapon IF are known for? I could see Salamander Centuriuns with Multi-Meltas or Heavy Flamers. Not that I can recall what the Centurions can be equipped with at the moment.)

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-16-2013, 05:31 PM
I read that as variant centurion suits or new wargear loadouts. I don't see the need for adding more to the FOC, you can already field plenty as it is. Why wouldn't there be some different weapon variants? (Is there a weapon IF are known for? I could see Salamander Centuriuns with Multi-Meltas or Heavy Flamers. Not that I can recall what the Centurions can be equipped with at the moment.)I kinda doubt it - GW seems to be moving away from options that aren't represented in the official kit (well, excluding HQ relics). Although perhaps they could field "Tactical Centurions", with one assault arm and one ranged arm?

Brakkart
10-16-2013, 05:52 PM
I kinda doubt it - GW seems to be moving away from options that aren't represented in the official kit (well, excluding HQ relics). Although perhaps they could field "Tactical Centurions", with one assault arm and one ranged arm?

Or possibly Centurions with the option of a different weapon on each arm rather than having to twin-link them, so you could have a Grav Cannon/Assault Drill combo or a Lascannon/Heavy Bolter combo for example. I'll admit I've not really taken much of a look at Centurions as yet mainly cos I can't afford to add any of them to my army.

Xarga
10-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Got some more rumors going from 40k radio again.
I got them from here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/40K-Radio/147396461962884

Close Range Bolter Drill: Models with this rule re-roll all failed to hit rolls made with bolt pistols, bolt guns, storm bolters, heavy bolters or combi-weapons that are firing as bolt guns when firing at a target up to half the weapon's maximum range away. This rule does not apply to models firing Hellfire, Kraken, Vengeance or Dragonfire rounds.

I would have to assume you choose either this version or the regular Bolter Drill rule. As having both would be a bit silly.

Centurion Warsuits:

Centurion Devastator squads can be taken as elites choices as well as heavy support choices in a Sentinels of Terra detachment.
Centurion Assault squads can be taken as fast attack choices as well as elites choices in a Sentinels of Terra detachment.

Pretty much as expected here.

Segeant Garadon is equipped with power armor, a power fist, frag grenades, krak grenades and the Spartean(Its a Relic of the 3rd Company).

Warlord Traits table

1. Siege Lord: Your Warlord, and his unit add a +1 to the result when rolling on the Building Damage Table.
2. Tenacious Opponent: Your Warlord has the It will not Die special rule.
3. Wise Commander: Whilst your Warlord is alive, you can choose to add or subtract one from any of your Reserve Rolls(state which before the dice is rolled)
4. Indomitable: If your warlord and his unit do not move in their Movement phase, then he and his unit has Fearless and Counter-attack special rules until the start of their next turn.
5. Architect of War: Whilst your Warlord is embarked inside a building, all damage rolls against that building suffer a -1 penalty, to a minimum of 1.
6. Fleet Commander: Once per game, your Warlord can call down an orbital strike in his Shooting phase. This counts as firing a ranged weapon with the profile below. Range: Infinite, S: 10, AP: 1, Ordnance 1, Barrage, Large Blast, Orbital. Orbital: If an arrow is rolled on the scatter dice, the blast marker scatters the full 2D6" - the Warlord's Ballistic Kill makes no difference.

* If Lysander is your Warlord,then he has Champion of Humanity Warlord trait(see Codex: Space Marines)
*If another Model is your Warlord from the Sentinels of Terra detachment is your Warlord, you can either roll on the Warlord Traits table in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, or roll on the the table below.

This warlord table seems very situational. Some of them sound brilliant (ITWND & extra oribital, yes please!) Though the two building centric traits are most useless, if fluffy. Also shame that Garadon doesn't seem to have unique statline or special rule. Though obviously his relic (whatever it does )will set him apart from your regular sergeant.

Xarga
10-18-2013, 08:36 PM
So i noticed that 40k radio divulged some more info on the sentinels of terra supplement. I had to listen through a short 10 minute "podcast" on their site to see what it was about though. Thought i would write it down here as to what they said for you guys. They apparently have had the supplement for a couple of days now. Also the prior information in my previous post was reiterated, so no need for me to retype that. Any misspelling of the relics is due to me relaying the info from audio to text.

Sergeant Garadon
He later becomes the captain second in command to Captain Lysander before being promated to command the company in the crusade of thunder's final stages. You can include him in your army by using the following rules. One sergeant from a space marine tactical squad can be upgraded to Sergeant Garadon for 75 points. Sergeant Garadon has the same profile as space marine captain, rather than a veteran sergeant profile. He is equipped with power armour, a power fist, frag & krak grenades and the Spartean (see the relics for 3rd company) and may not take any other options or upgrades. If you upgrade a space marine to be Sergeant Garadon, this units force organisation slot changes from troops to HQ.

Eye of Hypnoth - 15 points
A model with the Eye of Hypnoth can use it in place of making a shooting attack. If the does, target an enemy unit or building within 18". This does not count as choosing a target for his unit to shoot at. A unit targeted by the Eye of Hypnoth has it's cover save reduced by 1 until the end of the phase. This is not cumulative with the similar bonus applied by an Auspex (see codex space marines). A building targeted by the Eye of Hypnoth instead has all it's armour values reduced by 1 until the end of the phase.

The Angel of Sacrifice - 10 points
The Angel of Sacrifice can only be taken by a chaplain in place of the models crozius arcanum.

Range - S +2 AP 4 , Melee, Concussive, Only In Death

Only In Death - If the bearer of The Angel of Sacrifice loses his last wound in the assault phase , he is not removed as a casualty until after all close combat attacks have been resolved. He can thus still attack if he is slain by overwatch or close combat attacks made at a higher initiative step.

The Bones of Osrak - 25 points
The Bones of Osrach can only be taken by librarians. The bearer generates an additional warp charge point and can re-roll failed psychic tests.

The Banner of Stanganda - 25 points
The Banner of Stanganda can only be taken by a model that may take a company standard. The bearer has counter attack and crusader special rules. In addition friendly units within 12" of the bearer with the same chapter tactics re-roll failed morale and pinning tests.

The Spartean - 5 points
A bolt pistol with the following statline.

Range 12" S 4 AP 5 , Pistol, Ignores cover, Master-crafted

(Also to note Sergeant Garadon comes with this as standard.)

I find the concept of Garadon intersting. Basically getting a cheap captain with a power fist and a fancy bolt pistol for 75pts but with the added tax of a non scoring tactical squad. At least that's what it seems like. I like the idea of it trying something new at least.

As for the relics, i'm not sure what re-rolling psychic tests/extra warp charges has to do with fists but i like it. Very useful and a bargain at 25pts. The Eye of Hypnoth sounds pretty decent aswell to me, basically a super auspex. Though no fancy weapons like the Teeth of Terra and Burning Blade.

One thing i will ask to anyone who owns any prior supplements or has better knowledge of this than me. Can i take both relics from the space marine codex and this supplement? I know on the same character is no. I can't take say the Spartean and the Burning Blade on my captain for example, i know this. Rather can i take say the Bones of Osrak on my librarian and then the eternal shield on my chapter master?

Bigred
10-20-2013, 11:51 PM
via 40K Radio on Facebook.

Sentinels of Terra
Warlord Traits table

1. Siege Lord: Your Warlord, and his unit add a +1 to the result when rolling on the Building Damage Table.
2. Tenacious Opponent: Your Warlord has the It will not Die special rule.
3. Wise Commander: Whilst your Warlord is alive, you can choose to add or subtract one from any of your Reserve Rolls(state which before the dice is rolled)
4. Indomitable: If your warlord and his unit do not move in their Movement phase, then he and his unit has Fearless and Counter-attack special rules until the start of their next turn.
5. Architect of War: Whilst your Warlord is embarked inside a building, all damage rolls against that building suffer a -1 penalty, to a minimum of 1.
6. Fleet Commander: Once per game, your Warlord can call down an orbital strike in his Shooting phase. This counts as firing a ranged weapon with the profile below. Range: Infinite, S: 10, AP: 1, Ordnance 1, Barrage, Large Blast, Orbital. Orbital: If an arrow is rolled on the scatter dice, the blast marker scatters the full 2D6" - the Warlord's Ballistic Kill makes no difference.

* If Lysander is your Warlord,then he has Champion of Humanity Warlord trait(see Codex: Space Marines)
*If another Model is your Warlord from the Sentinels of Terra detachment is your Warlord, you can either roll on the Warlord Traits table in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, or roll on the the table below.

Relics

1) Eye of Hipnoth? (transcribing from mp3), 15pts. Like an auspex (reduces a units cover by 1), but 18" range. If used against a building its AV is reduced by 1. The unit can still shoot a different target.
2) Angel of Sacrifice, 10pts. An upgrade for a chaplain's crozius. Same specs, but if he is killed in overwatch or in combat before his initiative step he isn't removed until the end of the combat, so still gets to make his attacks and buff the unit.
3) The Bones of Ausract? 25pts. Libby only. Gives extra warp charge and can reroll failed psychic tests.
4) The Banner of Stangundah? 25pts. Can be taken by anyone which can take a company standard. Gives counter attack and crusader USR. Units with same CT within 12" reroll failed morale and pinning tests.
5) Spartean, 5pts. Bolt pistol with ignores cover, master crafted.

Garadon is 75pts, upgrades a Tac squad sgt. Captain stat line, and his tac squad fill an HQ slot.

Sentinel of Terra Special rule #1 "Close Ranged Bolter Drill".
Close Range Bolter Drill: Models with this rule re-roll all failed to hit rolls made with bolt pistols, bolt guns, storm bolters, heavy bolters or combi-weapons that are firing as bolt guns when firing at a target up to half the weapon's maximum range away. This rule does not apply to models firing Hellfire, Kraken, Vengeance or Dragonfire rounds.

Sentinel of Terra Special rule #2 Centurion Warsuits:

Centurion Devastator squads can be taken as elites choices as well as heavy support choices in a Sentinels of Terra detachment.

Centurion Assault squads can be taken as fast attack choices as well as elites choices in a Sentinels of Terra detachment.

Sentinels of Terra New Character

Segeant Garadon is equipped with power armor, a power fist, frag grenades, krak grenades and the Spartean(Its a Relic of the 3rd Company).

phoenix darkus
10-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Do we know if the "Close Ranged Bolter Drill" replaces the IF chapter trait's Bolter Drill? or is it combined?

Galadren
10-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Also, would these special rules completely replace the IF chapter traits found in the Codex? ie lose bolter drill and tank hunters for close range bolter drill and elite centurions?

DarkLink
10-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Probably.

AirHorse
10-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Doesn't really matter if they combine does it? You cant reroll the dice twice anyway!

Xarga
10-22-2013, 12:01 PM
via 40K Radio on Facebook.

Beat you to it on that one Red :P

Also, would these special rules completely replace the IF chapter traits found in the Codex? ie lose bolter drill and tank hunters for close range bolter drill and elite centurions?

As far as I am aware "Close Range Bolter Drill" only replaces the standard bolter drill, not the tank hunters for devs and centurions. I forget where i saw/heard it. I think it was from 40k radio. Should you choose to play with the rules from the supplement anyway.

Bigred
10-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Ultramarines Tyrannic War Veterans Supplemental codex

"After Clan Raukaan" ~Spiderpope

January-February would make sense to dovetail into Tyranids.

Unknown if this is a "historical" supplement covering the lost Ultramarine 1st Company, or the later formed specialized Tyranid Hunter units/forces who were sanctioned by Calgar in the aftermath of the assaults on Macragge.

daboarder
10-28-2013, 12:37 AM
you know what would be nice, chaos marine supplements, ya know, that codex that can't really support more than one style and doesn't effectively cover the factions different methods of war.....as opposed to the codex with a miriad different ways of building and playing different chapters.....

Lukas The Trickster
10-28-2013, 06:43 AM

RGilbert26
10-28-2013, 07:53 AM
After the joke that was the Black Legion supplement, we probably won't see many Chaos one's.

Eberk
10-28-2013, 08:29 AM
The moment the Black Legion Supplement is up for sale I will order it (Hardcover version I mean) and I'm very sure I won't find it a joke. More so, I will probably love it and want more of the same.

RGilbert26
10-28-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm sure that the fluff is a nice read but the rules are crap, a friend of mine bought it from itunes, read it and then sought a refund as he found it to be pointless.

Anyway, I have no plans on doing a BL army so I won't be getting it.