BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Except the Mantic ones look bloody awful....

Given the insane pace of release we've seen over the past year and a halfish, any gaps can be rapidly filled. AoS has been off to a relatively slow start with just a single kit each week, but that could be down to 'entirely new' syndrome?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

well a single kit a week isn't exactly bad in the grand scheme of things. four a month is pretty decent, and what we expected in the old monthly schedule. I think it is about letting people pick up each new sigmar release, encouraging them to get loads of new stuff.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

They probably want to focus on the two armies in the starter set first too - hopefully after that they'll give other races/factions some attention and it will become more varied.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

Given the insane pace of release we've seen over the past year and a halfish, any gaps can be rapidly filled. AoS has been off to a relatively slow start with just a single kit each week, but that could be down to 'entirely new' syndrome?
    Eh, GW's Treekin and old Treemen weren't much to write home about either...

AoS has seen something like five or six kits in a month, not counting terrain. It's still a whole new army. If someone bought just one of each kit (which doesn't allow for making the variants), that's around $225 or so. Go much faster and they'd be seriously pushing people on getting the stuff.

I don't think a game needs to have 10-12 or more new releases per month, especially for the same army. That could lead to customer burnout, and trying to throw out that many units per army, especially rapidly, will just result in units that exist just to exist. That could be bad for the game and the company. I'd rather have a small handful of quality releases a month than a scattershot of releases that risks a reduction in quality.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

?????

Are we looking at the same models? The Mantic ones aren't the best models ever made, but they are fine. Certainly as good as the GW ones and they probably don't need bloody great chunks of green stuff adding to them just to get the feet to connect to the base.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Yup!

GW ones are currently cack too - but the Treeman is ace, and I expect any update to Treekin to be more in that vein.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I think they look fine. Nothing special mind, but not awful. Some of Mantic's stuff is awful, but I feel those are one of their better offerings. Still, each to their own. I agree the Treeman kit is excellent, I loved putting that together. Gw's Dryads are still lovely as well.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Faeit's got the prices up.

[url]http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/08/blood-reavers-and-gal-maraz-prices-and.html[/url]

Hmm. Kind of odd to see The Quest for Ghal Maraz with an item code of RW1, which suggests it's the first in a series, possible the "Realm Wars" series. Maybe that'll be the numbering for all the books.

Price is $74 just like the other book. I'll reserve comments on that.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364