BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    [Captn Badrukk is HQ choice now ]
    Called it.

It always felt weird having another Warboss bossing him around Well I guess Kaptun Squigbeard is demoted to his First Mate now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheCreator View Post
    [URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/rumores-mas-datos-sobre-orkos-blog-de.html"]http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/rumores-mas-datos-sobre-orkos-blog-de.html[/URL]
    Attachment 9413

The looted wagon seems to be nothing more than a count-as Gorkanaut. :/ I just there's always allies and unbound for actually looted Russ's and Basilisks.
    Maybe you should read the old Codex before commenting then. This is basically the Old Codex entry for Looted Wagons, tweeked a little.

Which suits me I can still run 'Da Fist of Gork' my looted Russ in my Bloodaxe army.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    They likely forgot to change the text in that field. They are almost guaranteed to be using a template for those entries.. and likely they are just deleting what was previously there instead of working from a clean master file for each new entry.
    Yep sounds about right. Thats how stuff is usually done in the publishing industry.
    Last edited by Lord-Boofhead; 06-19-2014 at 02:28 AM.

I love Orks, they're my favorite army and all, I've had them in EVERY game GW's had them available (40K, WFB, Epic, Warmaster, Mordheim, GorkaMorka, BFG, Blood Bowl, etc.)... but that Warboss Edition is too much. Aside from being outside of what I think I'll have available to spend in the near future, it's just too much. Different cover for the book, a side book with fluff about Ghazghkull, some old art from back in the days when Orks had a LOT of stuff that's since been removed (even though I still have the models), and tokens for objectives (when I can build much more interesting objective markers), for $200? Nope. Gonna skip that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I love Orks, they're my favorite army and all, I've had them in EVERY game GW's had them available (40K, WFB, Epic, Warmaster, Mordheim, GorkaMorka, BFG, Blood Bowl, etc.)... but that Warboss Edition is too much. Aside from being outside of what I think I'll have available to spend in the near future, it's just too much. Different cover for the book, a side book with fluff about Ghazghkull, some old art from back in the days when Orks had a LOT of stuff that's since been removed (even though I still have the models), and tokens for objectives (when I can build much more interesting objective markers), for $200? Nope. Gonna skip that, thanks.
    That's a large enough chunk of money to where I would just consider spending a bit more and getting a PS4 or a new TV or something..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    That's a large enough chunk of money to where I would just consider spending a bit more and getting a PS4 or a new TV or something..
    Yeah, that's definitely a fair way of viewing it (given that I don't have a PS4 or PS3, and a PS4 could double as a Blu-Ray player, which I also don't have). For me, I tend to look at it as, "I could get these models I need for my Ork army instead." Sure, the money's still going to GW, but I'm getting more value out of it, at least, and I'd bet they make less profit that way.

Found something:[URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/codex-orks.html"]
    http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/codex-orks.html[/URL]

On the Ork rumor thread at warseer.......

Two posters in that thread wrote how they where able to download the codex , Glitch on the website would be my guess. They are sharing some basic info.

Start on page 96 of the thread......
    Last edited by artisturn; 06-20-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by artisturn View Post
    On the Ork rumor thread at warseer.......

Two posters in that thread wrote how they where able to download the codex , Glitch on the website would be my guess. They are sharing some basic info.

Start on page 96 of the thread......
    No, The Black Library mistakenly had it available. I just barely missed out on downloading it before they realized they had set the codex up as active instead of pre-order.

Fly Lord

So apparently the Full Ork codex as up for sale for a short period of time instead of the preview and a handful of people bought one. Here's what community members Skullchewer and NotmyIfurita hava said:

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?394043-Ork-Rumours-MorK-II/page100"]Skullchewer and NotmyIfurita[/URL]: 6-20-2014

Ghaz is a LOW.
    No Wazdakka, no Zogwort.
    HQs listed as
    Big mek, Zagstruk (!!!), Badrukk (We knew that was coming), Grotsnik, Mek (Not big mek), Painboy, Warboss, Weirdboy.

Megas, they can take up to 9 in a unit, and 1 Boss Meganob. Any model may replace their twin-linked shoota and power klaw with two killsaws

Relics are in. Not had time to read.

Buggys don't get new weapons, do get Grot Riggers at 10 points.

Not seen anything about FNP at all yet.

Grot riggers don't just work for IWND on 'nauts, any vehicle that has them, but cost per vehicle seems to differ. 20 to put them on a 'naut. BW don't seem to have the option.

Looks to be a lot more options with selecting wargear for meks
    "A Big Mek may take items from the Mek Weapons, Melee Weapons, Runts & Squigs, Orky Know-wots and/or Gifts of Gork and Mork lists."

Mob rule is replaced by the D6 roll, yes.

Kustom Mega Slugga is a thing.
    A Big Mek with mega armour can take one of the following
    - Tellyport blasta
    - Kustom force field

Relics:

Gifts of Gork and Mork

Da Dead Shiny Shoota
    Da Finkin’ Kap
    Da Fixer Upperz
    Da Lucky Stikk
    Headwoppa’s Killchoppa
    Warboss Gazbag’s Blitzbike

Ork Morale Chart
    D6 Result
    If the unit is locked in combat, it passes the Morale check or Pinning test. If the unit is not locked in combat, it fails.

2-3
    If the unit includes one or more Ork characters (including Independent Characters), it suffers D6 Strength 4 AP- hits, and is then treated as if it had passed the Morale check or Pinning test.

4-6
    If the unit has 10 or more models, it suffers D6 Strength 4 AP- hits, and is then treated as if it had passed the Morale check or Pinning test. The hits are Randomly Allocated. If the unit has fewer than 10 models, it fails the Morale check or Pinning test.

Boarding Planks is partially true. Disembarking an open topped vehicle adds +2 to charge distance.

Tellyporta blasta is the back mouned thing I've been describing and seems... uh, situational at best? Very short range weapon but causes instant death on a 6 wound. Rolling a 6 on AP causes a penetrating hit regardless of AV.

Killkannon did not change

attack squig nerfed to 1 reroll in melee per turn

Tankbustas can shoot at whatever they like, and Bustas and Burnas can take dedicated trukks

Kommandos get Stealth now, thats nice.. and they didnt see a point hike like burnas and tankbustas

Ramshackle got clobbered.. 6+ save when you take a pen, if successful downgrade to glance

Buggies in units of 5, gained outflank and a minor point decrease.

Snikrot is not HQ, effectively works like before when you add to Kommandos. Listed Elite. No slot if you bring Kommandos. He has Ambush and it gives Shrouded instead of Stealth the turn they arrive... still no charge from Reserves

Codex pic of Buggy is the same old 2nd ed era model..

Killkannon still lowers transport on BW

Deffrolla gains AP4 and loses half the hits

Lootas HS and cheaper

Kans come in 6 packs, LOL

D6 Warlord Trait
    1 Prophet of the Waaagh!: Mork (or possibly Gork) has chosen this Warlord for greatness, and every Ork under his command knows it.
    The Warlord gains the Waaagh! special rule. If the Warlord already has the Waaagh! special rule then, in addition to the usual effects, all friendly models with the ’Ere We Go! special rule gain the Fearless special rule when he calls a Waaagh!, until the start of their next turn.

2 Bellowing Tyrant: This Warlord is an unholy terror, a roaring lunatic whose every (very loud) word is law.
    The Warlord, and all friendly units with the Orks Faction within 12" of him, re-roll failed Morale checks and Pinning tests.

3 Like a Thunderbolt!: This Warlord is a master of the all-out, no-holds-barred, headlong charge into battle.
    The Warlord, and all friendly units with the Orks Faction within 12" of him, can re-roll all the dice when determining Run moves or charge range.

4 Brutal but Kunnin’: This Warlord has a sneaky streak a mile wide and knows just where to hit his foes.
    The Warlord can re-roll one failed To Hit or To Wound roll each turn.

5 Kunnin’ but Brutal: The Warlord knows when to roll with a punch, and can shrug off the hardest blows.
    The Warlord can re-roll one failed armour or invulnerable saving throw each turn.

6 Might is Right: Made of muscle and aggression, this Warlord is the embodiment of the Orks’ warlike nature.
    The Warlord receives +1 to the Strength characteristic on his profile.

I\f you take an Ork Warband detachment, you can Waaaagh every turn after the first:
    Warband is a special formation that gets to Waaaagh every turn. Have to take 1 Warboss, 1 Mek, 1 Nobs or Mega Nobs, and 6 boyz mobs for it

Stompa is in, is a Super Heavy, BW has gone up by 20 points.

Mek is a different HQ to a Big Mek, not an upgrade.
    Lootas and Burmas can still upgrade to Meks. (Nauts filled with burnas and meks is go).

Yeah Lootas 5 points cheaper than previous base unit.

Burna Boyz are 5 points more expensive for base unit.
    1 Boss Nob per bike unit, 15 bikes total (Including Nob).
    Yes, Warbike seems to be optional wargear for some models.

So in the wargear section there is the Orky Know-Wots. Boss poles, Cybork body, Gitfinda and... Warbike. Warbike cannot be taken by a model with Mega Armour.

Warboss WAAAGH!isn't every turn, (Not sure where that came from) but it allows all friendly units made up entirely of models with the ’Ere We Go! special rule, to charge in the assault phase even if they ran that turn.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Ghaz as a LoW seems really wierd. Unless hes got 10 times better hes a poor compariaon to the others.

Also it means hes not a HQ. So if you field him you have to field a different HQ (maybe another warboss) who is "in charge" of Ghaz.

Also seeing as lots of tournies are saying no to LoW he wont be played much anymore....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Hey guys, I was corrected on the WAAAGH! rule, it is every turn, if you take an Ork Warband (Formation).

Some more for you, save Red having to trawl Warseer

Primaris power is Frazzle (Blast witchfire).
    'Eadbanger is now a focussed witchfire.
    Warpath is a self blessing
    Da jump is what used to be 'ere we go.
    Killbolt is a beam attack.
    Power vomit (Yes really) is a template witchfire.
    Da Krunch is a barrage witchfire.

Mob of boys is 10. Costs the same as 10 used to. One in 10 can take special weapon (Same but rokkit cheaper than it used to be). One model may be a Nob, may select from Ranged or Melee weapons list (Pk, Big Choppa, TL shoota, kombi rokkit, kombi skorcha)o. Trukk as DT. 1 boy in 10 can select

How much do nobs cost in a unit? Cheaper
    As well as pk? PK is same cost as before, so overall cheaper than before.
    Is bosspole included in the cost? No.
    Have warbikers gotten cheaper? Yes.
    Have warbikers retained their 4+ cover rule and s5 TL Assault 3 gun? Sort of, base is the same, turbo boost adds +1 to cover.
    Any other changes to warbikers at all? Not so far as I can tell with all this cider sloshing around in me.
    Have nobs pts changed? As a stand alone unit, yes. 2 nobz, 1 boss nob. Cheaper.
    Can they still take warbikes? Yes.
    Does a choppa now give +1 strength? Nope.
    do painboys take up an hq slot, can they join any squad and can they take a bike? Yes, don't know, yes.

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast