BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Chaos Daemon FAQ Up

Latest [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2750012a_Chaos_Daemons_v1.2.pdf"]Chaos Daemons FAQ[/URL].

Here's the new part:

Q: Do models chosen from Codex: Chaos Daemons and / or the White
    Dwarf, August 2012, Codex: Chaos Daemons official update have the
    Daemon special rule from the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook, or do they
    have the Daemon army special rule from Codex: Chaos Daemons?
    (p27)

A: All models from Codex: Chaos Daemons and/or the White
    Dwarf, August 2012, Codex: Daemons official update have the
    Daemon army special rule listed in Codex: Chaos Daemons
    with the addition of the Fear special rule from the Warhammer
    40,000 rulebook and a 5+ invulnerable save.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Everyone causes Fear, nice. Flamers/Screamers do have 5++, although it's still a bit messy that it doesn't have it on their profiles like other daemons.

What about models that previously had a better than 5++ invulnerable save? Horrors? I assume they keep it, but someone is bound to be irritating and say their save is now 5++ not 4++...
    Last edited by miteyheroes; 10-31-2012 at 06:21 AM.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Grey Knights are gonna be happy too

Why will Grey Knights be happy?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Latest [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2750012a_Chaos_Daemons_v1.2.pdf"]Chaos Daemons FAQ[/URL].

Here's the new part:
    Great - so they have eternal warrior?

Initiate

I read it as all daemons now have a 5++, the FAQ makes no distinction between one daemon or the next, unlike the Eldar Avatar where it clearly states that he has the Daemon rule except that his save is 4++.

Initiate

Although that would hurt models like Fateweaver really badly... sigh... is it too much to ask GW to take these obvious questions into consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by WarWalker View Post
    Although that would hurt models like Fateweaver really badly... sigh... is it too much to ask GW to take these obvious questions into consideration?
    OR you could quit trying to be a rules lawyer and go by what everyone else knows is the right way to play the unit.

Tzeench always have a 4++, the damn daemon rule doesn't override their stats. It says that nowhere in the FAQ, the precedence is if it changes, then the profile is updated.

If WD didn't list a save, then they get the daemon save, Fateweaver and for that matter Ku'Gath are not even in this discussion. (They both have Daemon and a 4++ save)

If you tried that argument on me in a non-tourney game, the game would be over; I didn't come to the store to deal with someone that can't just play the game for fun.

This is JUST like the zombies, people trying to break the game instead of just playing the game.

(Why the hell would thousand sons have a 4++ but not fateweaver??? Give me a break!)

So, play it my way or I'm throwing the dummy out of the pram and taking all my toys home? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WarWalker View Post
    I read it as all daemons now have a 5++, the FAQ makes no distinction between one daemon or the next, unlike the Eldar Avatar where it clearly states that he has the Daemon rule except that his save is 4++.
    That's like saying a Grey Knights Brother-captain can't take his Iron Halo 4++ save because he has a Termie Armour 5++ save :/

Plenty of models in the game have multiple Inv Saves, Daemons are no different, the FAQ didn't say "All Daemons in the codex lose their Inv. save and replace it with a 5++". They simply always use the best one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast