BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mantic doubling their prices for Warpath

From Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletsquig
    Here is the release schedule for Warpath, taken from e-figures distribution.

All releases for October, November and December, and the prices:

October

Warpath Orx Section (10) $24.99/ £14
    Warpath Orx Platoon (20) $34.99/ £20
    Warpath Orx Hero $13.99/ £8
    Warpath Orx Starter Army (40+2v) $74.99 / £50

November

Warpath Paint Set $24.99 / £14
    Warpath Game Orxs vs Dwarfs $74.99 / £50

December

Warpath Forgefathers Steel Warriors Section (10) $24.99 / £14
    Warpath Forgefathers Grizzlers Team (5) $24.99 /£14
    Warpath Forgefathers Steel Warriors Platoon (20) $34.99 / £20
    Warpath Forgefathers Hero $13.99 / £8
    Warpath Forgefathers Army $74.99 /£50

The Warpath game box will include
    55 Models, 2 vehicles, dice, rules and Mantic Points
    10 Forgefathers Steel Warriors, 5 Grizzlers, 1 Big Gun
    30 Orx, 10 Heavy Weapon Orx, 1 Trike

First impressions = "These are expensive". Basically... double the price of Kings of War models, regardless of material type.

£14 for 10 resin plastic wraiths or 5 resin plastic forgefather heavies.

£14 for 20 plastic skeletons or 10 (presumably plastic) forgefathers/ orx.

This is not a good move. At all.

Mantic are doubling their prices and there is absolutely no way to sugar-coat it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

No comments yet? Big surprise there.

I for one was really disappointed they didn't have any of the prototypes at GenCon. I think they missed the boat there. I have no interest in copied GW Orks, but I could certainly be persuaded into some Squats if they don't look like dogshyt.

www.queencityguard.com

Well it seems the prices are going to be cheaper than those figures. Seems Mantic may have leaked them to gauge the reaction to higher prices and dropped the idea when the response was quite negative. A bit low, if that it was they did. Hard to see why the prices would be leaked otherwise but who knows.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Well that "business practice" leaves an awfully poor taste in my mouth. I mean seriously....

www.queencityguard.com

The main draw I felt from Mantic Games' Warpath where the (expectedly) low prices.
    If these prices are real, well, I really don't see ANY reason to pick them up over 40k.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well it seems the prices are going to be cheaper than those figures. Seems Mantic may have leaked them to gauge the reaction to higher prices and dropped the idea when the response was quite negative. A bit low, if that it was they did. Hard to see why the prices would be leaked otherwise but who knows.
    That sounds strangely unsubstantiated...

not to mention that of there seems to be a desire to find bad emo-stiring things about non-gw miniature companies of late...and then posting said 'bad emo-stering thing' all over the interwebs...
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

These figures were given to distributors then found their way onto the internet, then there is a fuss about it and Mantic announces the prices will be cheaper. A lot of the Mantic fans on Warseer suspect it was an attempt to gauge the customer reaction to higher prices, I'm just repeating it here.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    These figures were given to distributors then found their way onto the internet, then there is a fuss about it and Mantic announces the prices will be cheaper. A lot of the Mantic fans on Warseer suspect it was an attempt to gauge the customer reaction to higher prices, I'm just repeating it here.
    fair enough, I'm just trying to find the rational for the Co. doing that - especially given GW recent well known behavior
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Quite, can't blame some of the Mantic crowd for getting a bit put out by it. Especially since, in my opinion, Mantic miniatures really aren't worth twice what they are now.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I for one was really disappointed they didn't have any of the prototypes at GenCon.
    Actually, they did, but they weren't out on the shelves. I casually mentioned looking forward to Warpath while talking to one of the Mantic guys. He reached under the table and produced a prototype to look at. No photography allowed, but I'll tell you, it looked pretty fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast