BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Scout

I would definitely agree on the surrounding of vehicles and killing the passengers with no where to go. Just doesn't seem right to me...

Battle-Brother

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    Ramming things with Valks, nuff said. It silly and doesn't even make logical sense. Yes! Your airplane just rammed a tank and flew away!
    Don't have my codex in front of me but I am pretty sure that a Valkyrie is not a tank and therefore cannot ram

Occuli Imperator

I have a few things:

- I really don't like the "surrounding of the transport," thing... Especially when done by 5 models.

- I play an opponent who is a great friend and a good player, he is s stickler about the order of moving units
    i.e. you cannot deploy the marines, move the rhino then go back to the tactical squad you dumped and move them. Techinically you have to deploy, then move the squad, then go back and move the Rhino. Its not cheese, and it is a rule... But its just something that he gets me on and makes me not be able to move a unit.

- I absolutley cannot stand wound allocation, it is so cheesy and slows the game down... It also ruins units that have half power weapons and half regular weapons (like my Vet Assault Squads). I just think its stupid how it works out. 5 power weapon wounds and 4 regular wounds makes one dead marine in a combat squad, lame!

Duke

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    - I absolutley cannot stand wound allocation, it is so cheesy and slows the game down... It also ruins units that have half power weapons and half regular weapons (like my Vet Assault Squads). I just think its stupid how it works out. 5 power weapon wounds and 4 regular wounds makes one dead marine in a combat squad, lame!

Duke
    although i'm with you on the wound allocation system being annoying, i'm sure that 5 power weapon wounds and 4 regular wounds would result in at least 3 marine deaths from a combat squad.

with 9 wounds, on 5 marines, you will only be able to allocate 2 wounds per marine, therefore it would look like this

P=power weapon wounds, N=normal wounds

1 2 3 4 5
    P P P N N
    P P N N
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    Ramming things with Valks, nuff said. It silly and doesn't even make logical sense. Yes! Your airplane just rammed a tank and flew away!
    As far as I'm aware, a Valk can't ram... only Tanks can ram. Unless the Valk is a Fast Skimmer Tank?

Battle-Brother

All vehicles can ram - tanks get a bonus when doing so...

for me the nob biker cheese - and i play orks!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    There is nothing wrong with playing models with the bases supplied with them.

If your opponent has normal based Termies, deal.

I don't find any legal tactics 'cheesy' because any legal tactic is, um, legal. I never down grade my opponent's wins by calling him cheesy. I just adapt and over come like a real general.
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy View Post
    the rules say something along the lines with "models shall be on the bases supplied" i have 30 of the old lead terminators and i am not thinking about rebasing them - its what they came with and hence 100% ok in my book.

IMHO its not so much the tactic that annoys me but the intent behind it. If you get a 12 year old player using small based termies he dug out of his older brother's closet, yes you deal with it, but when some tool takes the time to collect metal termies just so they can exploit an ambigious rule we have a problem. This is unfair just like last years 'ard Boyz Bloodcrusher list where the the player collected the old school bloodcrushers just so he could use the small bases exploit to help with his deepstriking. And just to crush your attempt at the envy arguement, I own a metal deathwing army (50 plus strong) that was rebased with the larger termie bases. I guess I am just a better player since I feel I dont need gimmicks to gain a win...

Besides using small bases inst a tactic its a rules exploit.

Tactics are would allocation which can be annoying as well as sideways rhino walls, skyleaping swooping hawks etc.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    - I play an opponent who is a great friend and a good player, he is s stickler about the order of moving units
    i.e. you cannot deploy the marines, move the rhino then go back to the tactical squad you dumped and move them. Techinically you have to deploy, then move the squad, then go back and move the Rhino. Its not cheese, and it is a rule... But its just something that he gets me on and makes me not be able to move a unit.
    With friends like that, who needs wives?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSinon View Post
    All vehicles can ram - tanks get a bonus when doing so...
    Not true. All vehicles can be rammed, and tanks get a bonus to the Strength of the hit inflicted whether ramming or rammed. But only tanks can ram, per 68 and 69.

Veteran-Sergeant

If one model can be seen then the whole squad can be shot.
    Thats not true LoS at all!
    Wound allocation doesnt bug me much since theres not a lot of ork players where i play.
    Just lots of marines who shout oh i can see your guardsmans hand across the field behind the building i can shoot at the whole squad!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast