BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have had the same idea, i.e. chopping up the behemoth and forging 2 spiral bound books... BUT I am hesitant to do so because I am not sure how future me will react to past me chopping up a beautiful $75 book. Will I look back on the Chop as a horrible act of vandalism or a stroke of genius... My future reaction would probably hinge on how much I use the book. If I only use it once every week end until I buy the mini book, then it is probably pointless to chop up the big book... But if I game twice a week until the Mini book comes out it may be worth it to chop up the big book.

Oh woe is the gamer who desires a functional rule book at the table.

You know what would be easier?

Just get some tabs to put on the pages you really need, or photo-copy the pages.

You really shouldn't cut up a book when you other options of handling this.

I may memorize the entire book front to back, then lobotomize myself to remove the fluff.
    "Read this post and shutup." - Melissia

Quote Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
    You know what would be easier?

Just get some tabs to put on the pages you really need, or photo-copy the pages.

You really shouldn't cut up a book when you other options of handling this.
    That still doesn't solve the problem of wielding a dictionary around fragile models

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    That still doesn't solve the problem of wielding a dictionary around fragile models
    I'm pretty sure PHOTO-COPYING, the pages will accomplish the same thing he wants. (I actually put this in my original post)

Putting tabs on the main book will not, but is it so much not to hold it above models?

Edit,

Better yet don't raise the book off the table and just read it from there, solves the problem of it falling or hitting a model.
    Last edited by solemnclockwork; 07-13-2010 at 03:00 AM.

I'm pretty sure PHOTO-COPYING, the pages will accomplish the same thing he wants. (I actually put this in my original post)

Putting tabs on the main book will not, but is it so much not to hold it above models?

Edit,

Better yet don't raise the book off the table and just read it from there, solves the problem of it falling or hitting a model.
    A lot of stores won't let you photocopy books and even if you did it on your own, many game stores will either look down on you and/or not allow them, even in tournament situations

But yes Tabbing and not lifting is good, so long as you have the room for the book, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    A lot of stores won't let you photocopy books and even if you did it on your own, many game stores will either look down on you and/or not allow them, even in tournament situations

But yes Tabbing and not lifting is good, so long as you have the room for the book, lol.
    Honestly if you don't have room for the rulebook, don't play in such a small space. I mean if your lap is taken up by something, then you have problems.

Stores won't let you copy your OWN book? At the very least let the owner know you have the original copy and/or just keep the book around if someone wants to nitpick.

Who really cares if somebody wants to "look down" on you? I"m sure the whole paint vs. painted argument has the same issue.

Tournaments should be checked in with beforehand, and as such are such event where you really shouldn't make a n issue out of having to bring the main book.

Next time think things over before nitpicking.

Stores won't let you copy your OWN book? At the very least let the owner know you have the original copy and/or just keep the book around if someone wants to nitpick.
    He meant that copy centers won't allow you to photocopy the book in their stores. Because it is copyrighted material.

I used to have trouble getting them to let me photocopy the cover of White Dwarf for using on my store calendars WHILE WORKING for GW haha...

Almost more importantly, after you posted your initial solution to his problem...why do you care if he "nitpicks" your idea? It's his book, he could burn it if he wants...

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenZero View Post
    He meant that copy centers won't allow you to photocopy the book in their stores. Because it is copyrighted material.

I used to have trouble getting them to let me photocopy the cover of White Dwarf for using on my store calendars WHILE WORKING for GW haha...

Almost more importantly, after you posted your initial solution to his problem...why do you care if he "nitpicks" your idea? It's his book, he could burn it if he wants...
    Here's the thing that you both are doing that nitpicking that really doesn't work and very annoying.

A general statement like "get it copied" INCLUDES all ways of accomplishing said task. Using such a narrow examples as a way to kill my point is disingenuous to me, AND makes me have to defend such statement by point. I'm sure at least most everyone if not everyone has access to a home printer or KNOWS somebody who does. Which makes the statement that you have to go to a store to accomplish this MOOT.

Chucks reply to my first post was highly redundant because it ignores half of what I posted. With that said, he is is not the original poster who started this thread, so my help was not aimed at him nor was it really a discussion point.

I care because I have to write redundant things to defend my position, it affects me and is HIGHLY annoying to say the least. Point is why do you care so much to bother me to such an extent?

It amazes me I'm having to right this right now, when originally all I was trying to do was give helpful tips to somebody doing something that may very well end up nagging them.

Here's the thing that you both are doing that nitpicking that really doesn't work and very annoying.

A general statement like "get it copied" INCLUDES all ways of accomplishing said task. Using such a narrow examples as a way to kill my point is disingenuous to me, AND makes me have to defend such statement by point. I'm sure at least most everyone if not everyone has access to a home printer or KNOWS somebody who does. Which makes the statement that you have to go to a store to accomplish this MOOT.

Chucks reply to my first post was highly redundant because it ignores half of what I posted. With that said, he is is not the original poster who started this thread, so my help was not aimed at him nor was it really a discussion point.

I care because I have to write redundant things to defend my position, it affects me and is HIGHLY annoying to say the least. Point is why do you care so much to bother me to such an extent?

It amazes me I'm having to right this right now, when originally all I was trying to do was give helpful tips to somebody doing something that may very well end up nagging them.
    My home printer does not allow me to photocopy pages from my BRB. Nobody I know has a home printer that would allow me to photocopy pictures from my BRB. In fact, I can only conceive it being possible with a copy machine or a scanner, I don't own these or know anyone that does.

You don't have to defend your position, because you don't owe anything to anyone on this board...you may CHOOSE to defend your position, but know full well that if OP liked your idea in the first place you wouldn't have to. Your point was made, you think he should photocopy it...rest assured that if he doesn't photocopy it, you don't lose anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast