BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Hulk!

Veteran-Sergeant

So, what do you guys think the Mystery Box will be?

The plastics are just wow!

I can now say that Blood Angels will have the nicest looking terminators in any space marine army out there. Except those new Wolf Guard are pretty hot from what I’ve heard.
    And what Tyranid player would be caught dead without those new Genestealers in their army. I would try to get two of these if I was playing either of those armies.

I’m stoked to play and should be able to sometime next week if the advance copies make it into the right hands in time (not mine).

I don’t know if it’s a revision of the first edition or a hybrid of 1st & 2nd. There were goods aspects of both editions that I would think would make for a really game so I’m hoping it’s more a 3rd edition although if they just reprinted the first edition rules I’d be cool with that, even if it is a 20 year old system. The one thing is, if there is a librarian, assault cannon and TH&SS in the box then it’s not simply a re-print of first edition unless they put the Deathwing expansion rules in there as well.

The only thing I’m disappointed with is the egg timer & the dice, I was hoping for a digital timer with sound effects and some cooler dice would have been nice, not just “Oh, they are bone coloured”. I’m thinking translucent red and blue to represent the different factions would have been a nice touch, but it’s hardly worth complaining about. Also, I think they should have done some plastic doors as the card ones with the stands are kinda meh. But I think the idea was to keep the game set as close to the original as possible (thank the emperor they updated the models though).

I was never really big on the idea of plastic tiles as that would just add so much volume to the box that it would be hard to port around. Speaking of the box, it’s clear they have gone with extra durable packaging for it as it’s not something that will be discarded by the owner.

So now what? Well, I’m hoping that GW puts out some of the extras they did way back in the day of 1st edition Space Hulk. Rules for using other minis like guardsmen and harlequins come to mind, as well as all the bonus missions. All this could be done off their website or in WD.

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Chapter-Master

Okay... so the genestealer posed on top of the dead marine is PIMP!

Any notice the timer? Looks like the 1st edition rule for giving the Marine player a limited time to move is back. I loved that rule, it added so much feel to the game. The stealers had unlimited numbers and unlimited time to move them and the marines had so few numbers and time. I can hardly wait to play.

Chaplain

I have two coming. I'm excited. Those models look sweet!

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Banned

Here's a soundfile I made up for some creepy ambient vibe:

[url]http://www.box.net/shared/klv13e3t9o[/url]

Play the game in a dark room, with a single spot lamp on the board, that sound running, and it gets pretty nerve wracking at times

Very clever move by GW to release this so soon after Planetstrike. The possibilties of linking in a game of Space Hulk with a planetstrike campaign are endless. Throw some Epic: Armageddon into the mix and you've got the makings of an outstanding campaign month!

I really hope they add some rules for other races. Harlequins in space hulk with genestealers and terminators are a match made in heaven.

Scout

I've got one preordered - thank the dark gods.

Did anybody notice that the pic of the box on the scale had it weighing in at 3.68KG!! Thats pretty heavy! I can't wait. So if we are getting a Librarian and a Broodlord I think it's safe to say there will be some kind of Psychic rules. I doubt they will be as elaborate as the ones in genestealer were. Hopefully they haven't dumbed it down too much.

As far as other races go...It would seem to me that Orks would be a logical choice to add since thats how they get around anyhow. And I'm looking forward to some Chaos terminators throwing down vs those blood angels. Might have to go with some house rules for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GPrime View Post
    Well the Australian site just went from "Out of Stock" to "No longer available"

Total BS!
    Its now set to 'pre-order' in Australia.

Scout

Oh if only I could justify spending that money right now...

Maybe I'll convince my gaming group to go in for one...

But then I couldn't keep the models, we'd share em, hum, on to plan B where I beat up a hobo...

Sneaky, there is also a book for pre order by Gav thorpe.
    Space Hulk the novel
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod280014a[/url]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast