BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Biscuit View Post
    What in the hell people? We're all posting characters from personal stories and fiction, but not including any of the stories or fiction? I DEMAND STOWWY TIME.
    [url=http://commissar.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=one&action=display&thread=7156]Melissa Taylor's fluff, version 1[/url]
    [url=http://commissar.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=one&thread=10121]Melissa Taylor's fluff, version 2.[/url]

It has not been entirely written down. The second version is a work in progress; I was unhappy with the first and wanted to rewrite it in a darker and more in depth form.

Some comments:

Melissa: Why is her attacks 3(4)? Is Ork-Cleaver two handed or not? Can her veteran squad purchase a transport? I would assume yes, but you may want to clarify.
    Right, that was a transfer error. It should just be 4. Orc-Cleaver (with a c not a k, even though yes I know Ork is spelled with a k) is two-handed. The squad may purchase anything except what is restricted, including shotguns, special weapons, sergeant upgrades, or transport.
    Last edited by Melissia; 03-09-2010 at 10:31 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Banned

The many stages of Captain West:

Sergeant Jula West, Rainbow Warriors 5th Co.

Cost: +70 (Tactical Squad upgrade)
    WSBSSTWIALDSV
    444424293+

Type: Infantry
    Equipment: Power Armour, Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Melta Bombs, Frag/Krak Grenades
    Rules: Sergeant West and her squad are Relentless.
    Sergeant West can be chosen to upgrade a single Tactical Squad, so long as the squad is 10 strong.

Lieutenant Jula West, Rainbow Warriors 5th Co.

Cost: 120
    WSBSSTWIALDSV
    5444243102+ / 4++

Type: Independant Character, Infantry
    Equipment: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Iron Halo, Frag/Krak Grenades
    Rules: No Retreat, No Remorse!;

May exchange Bolt Pistol for Storm Bolter at +3pts, or Plasma Pistol for +15 pts.

Rules:

No Retreat, No Remorse!: All friendly Space Marine units that can draw LoS (ignoring intervening models, but not terrain) to Captain West may use her leadership and re-roll any LD or Morale test. They may also attempt to rally if enemy units are within 6".
    Captain West must be on foot, not embarked aboard a vehicle.

Captain Jula West, Rainbow Warriors 5th Co.

Cost: 200
    WSBSSTWIALDSV
    5544343102+ / 4++

Type: Independant Character, Infantry
    Equipment: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Master Crafted Relic Blade, Iron Halo, Frag/Krak Grenades
    Rules: No Retreat, No Remorse!; Die Standing!; Feel No Pain (bionics)

May exchange Bolt Pistol for Storm Bolter at +3pts, or Plasma Pistol for +15 pts.

Rules:

No Retreat, No Remorse!: See Lieutenant entry.

Die Standing!: All Space Marine units exchange Combat Tactics for Stubborn.

For part of her background go here: [url]http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com/2009/08/rainbow-warriors-background-archive.html[/url], down the bottom of the page.

Brother-Sergeant

Admittedly I've always been one to think that only men becoming Space Marines is biologically retarded with medical technology having 20k years to improve, but what is the specific way in which your Rainbow Warriors manage the feat? I'm asking out of curiosity more than anything else, as a cursory glance at your blog didn;t immediately inform me :P
    The objective of the game is to win. The purpose of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused.

Banned

Prettymuch the first line of your post - science! The subject is alluded to in my post about the Chapter's variances, but I'm never going to fully explain how it came about as if people have a big issue with it I really don't care

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Irdion View Post
    Admittedly I've always been one to think that only men becoming Space Marines is biologically retarded with medical technology having 20k years to improve, but what is the specific way in which your Rainbow Warriors manage the feat? I'm asking out of curiosity more than anything else, as a cursory glance at your blog didn;t immediately inform me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Prettymuch the first line of your post - science! The subject is alluded to in my post about the Chapter's variances, but I'm never going to fully explain how it came about as if people have a big issue with it I really don't care
    How did he get female marines? This is how!

Librarian

Duke Caelaphus, the Herald of Nurgle- 225pts
    The man once known as Duke Caelaphus of Chyman was a cunning fellow, who tried to defy death and survive forever in control of a great galactic empire. His experiments and tests soon meant that he was the first victim of a virulent plague which swept through his throneworld. However, he survived with the help of his new patron, and brings the word of Chaos to yet more subjects.
    WSBSSTWIALDSV
    4444435104++

The Duke may be purchased as a HQ choice, as one of the army's Aspiring Champions, in any Lost and the Damned army, or as a Heavy Support choice in any Chaos Daemons army.

Unit Type: Monstrous Creature (Unique)
    Special Rules:
    Daemonic (see Codex: Chaos Daemons), Slow and Purposeful, Feel No Pain, Counter Attack
    Send in the Pawns: While the Duke is not an Independent Character, he will count as joining any friendly unit which he is within 3" of for the purposes of wound allocation.
    Toxic Shrouding: The Duke, quite simply, stinks. Really badly. At the end of every Shooting and Assault Phase, each enemy model which is within 7" of the Duke must take a Toughness Test against their basic toughness - this includes models within transports.
    Blessing of Nurgle: Each turn, the Duke must use either Aura of Decay or Nurgle's Rot.

Wargear/Daemonic Gifts:
    Chaos Icon, Noxious Touch, Aura of Decay, Iron Hide, Nurgle's Rot (only affects enemies) Mark of Nurgle (included in profile)
    Tomb of Daedalus: The tomb is a great structure which holds the Duke's remains, much like an Astartes within a Dreadnought. While the front is exposed - giving full view of the Duke's corpse - it is very difficult to get a decent target on him. For the purposes of rolling to wound, double the Duke's toughness. In addition, the Tomb gives the Duke +d3 attacks each turn. However, these extra attacks are reduced by 1 for each wound the Duke has already taken.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Podpolkovnik Krasnov - 240 pts.
    The Podpolkovnik of the little-known Coy. A, 1st Concordian Armored Regiment became famous when his Vanquisher destroyed an Ork Gargant while in support of the "Lucky 13's." His armored company specializes in the destruction of enemy armor, and as such has a higher proportion of veteran anti-armor units than most.

TypeFront ArmorSide ArmorRear Armor BS
    Tank1413104(5)

Podpolkovnik Kransnov may be purchased as a HQ choice, as a replacement for a Leman Russ Tank in any Leman Russ Tank Squadron, as a separate Heavy Support choice in any Imperial Guard army.

Unit Type: Vanquisher Tank (Unique)

Special Rules:
    Tank Hunters, Lumbering Behemoth (See Codex: Imperial Guard)

Enemy Armor Sighted!: When Krasnov's tank shoots at an enemy unit with an armor value, successful cover saves against the shot must be re-rolled. (But not more than once!)

SABOT rounds: Any Vanquisher tank in a force led by Podpolkovnik Krasnov replaces the standard Vanquisher cannon profile with the following: (This includes Krasnov himself.)
    Range: 72" STR: 8 AP:1 Ordnance, Melta
    This means they roll 3d6 and discard the lowest die for armor penetration.

Hand-picked gunners: Any tank in a force led by Krasnov may hand pick their gunners for +20 points. This increases the tank's BS to 4.

Wargear:
    Vanquisher Battle Cannon, Lascannon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers

Infra-red targeter: When using the night-fight rules, Krasnov may re-roll the dice determining range-of-sight. The second result must be accepted, even if it is lower.

Archaeotech fire-control system: This increases the BS of the tank to 5 and is included in the profile above.
    Last edited by Paul; 04-25-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

An alternate version of Taylor, from my Dark Heresy: Ascension campaign.

Primaris Psyker Melissa Taylor, Alpha Level Psyker

Cost: 150
    WSBSSTWIALDSV
    4433433104+/5++

Type: Independent Character, Infantry, Psyker
    Equipment: Carapace Armor, Gungnir, Refractor Shield
    Rules: Stubborn, Lucky, Primaris Warding, Psychic Precision
    Psychic Powers: May use one psychic power per turn, and may activate her Force Weapon even if she used a psychic power.
    Power List: Telekinetic Barrage, Telekinetic Blast, Telekinetic Crush, Telekinetic Shield

Gungnir:
    Two-handed Master-crafted power weapon which always hits on a 2+ and wounds on a 4+. Counts as a force weapon. If using the force weapon's power, this causes 3+2d6 penetration against vehicles.

Lucky:
    Taylor may re-roll all failed armor or invulnerable saves.

Primaris Warding:
    Instead of rolling for Perils of the Warp, roll D3. On a 1, Taylor takes a wound and the power fails. On a 2, Taylor takes a wound but the power still activates. On a 3, the power activates with no penalty. This wound does not add to combat resolution.

Psychic Precision:
    Taylor may re-roll failed to-hit rolls on psychic shooting attacks, or scatter die. She must accept the second roll.

Telekinetic Barrage:
    R24", S5 AP5, Assault 2d6

Telekinetic Blast
    R24", S4 AP6, Assault 1, Large Blast, Ignores Cover Saves

Telekinetic Crush:
    R24", S10 AP2, Ordnance 1

Telekinetic Shield:
    Grants a 3++ invulnerable save to Taylor. If Taylor is joined to a squad, it also grants a 5++ invulnerable save to that squad.
    Last edited by Melissia; 05-10-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12