BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chapter-Master

Lasers hitting flesh have some kind of weird effects. Very lethal, if the laser has enough energy, but very weird. [URL="http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3l2.html"]This[/URL] goes into more detail. Suffice to say, lasguns probably wouldn't work that way in real life.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I always assumed lasguns temporarily blinded the target, causing them to fall into mantraps or accidentally stab themselves and their comrades in a humorous, slapstick manner.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The problem here is that lasguns don't fire laser beams- rather, they fire lasbolts which 'whicker', if Sir Dan of Abnett is to be beleived, as they flash through the air. Las, like Adamantium, is a fictional construct which bears only those similarities to modern materials, energies or physical principles as is dramatically required.

Abbess Sanctorum

And lasbolts also pop or explode on impact.

And they have recoil!

Librarian

Lasbolts, as discribed as Abnett, are... weird, to say the least.
    When the hit an object, they 'pop' causing conclussive damage that plups flesh and bursts blood vessels (causing a spray of blood), then they have a heat flash, that burns the wound closed. So you don't bleed out, but still have internal hemeraging.

Of course, this isn't consistant. Lasweapons seem to follow the rules of 'works how I need it, at the time,' as plenty of characters bleed to death from lasgun wounds when it makes the moment dramatic.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234