BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

That's an interesting list Tynskel, I'm thinking of taking a Furioso with Blood Talons and sticking it in a drop pod. I'll probably field 1 or 2 Baal Preds and will play around with the Flamer loadout to see whether I prefer burny or shooty.

I will probably split my troops between jump pack troops and rhino/razorback transports. I'm also thinking of a 5 man death company with a couple of power weapons and maybe a fist and a chaplain to allow the re roll missed hits and failed wounds (I think that any chaplain will do that otherwise I'll go for lemartes).

I'll stick in a couple of sanguinary priests with jump packs to follow the assault troops around and help keep them breathing on their way across the board.

Chapter-Master

The more I think about them... the more I like the Blood Talons.

Realistically, you want the str 10 for armor. But, most armor will can be ripped apart by St6 6 too- if the Dread has furious charge because of a Priest nearby, Str 7!

A furioso has 5 attacks on the charge. Now imagine the Blood Talons- 5 unsaved wounds grants another 5 attacks. (granted this is hoping an initial 5 attacks with no misses...). Throw in the Meltagun, and a Hv Flamer (maybe even a magna grapple), and you have a Dreadnought that can wipe out a tactical squad by itself!

The Storm Raven is pretty sweet gig, expensive, but sweet- putting a Blood Talon Dreadnought on board could be exciting. Because of the Assault Ramps, granting the Dreadnought the ability to charge the turn it disembarks will be NASTY- no chance for someone to knock one of those Blood Talon arms off.

Blood Talon Arms only grant the extra attacks if you have 2 functioning. So, when you lose an arm, you are not just losing 1 attack, but a potential up 6 attacks. OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    The more I think about them... the more I like the Blood Talons.

Realistically, you want the str 10 for armor. But, most armor will can be ripped apart by St6 6 too- if the Dread has furious charge because of a Priest nearby, Str 7!

A furioso has 5 attacks on the charge. Now imagine the Blood Talons- 5 unsaved wounds grants another 5 attacks. (granted this is hoping an initial 5 attacks with no misses...). Throw in the Meltagun, and a Hv Flamer (maybe even a magna grapple), and you have a Dreadnought that can wipe out a tactical squad by itself!

The Storm Raven is pretty sweet gig, expensive, but sweet- putting a Blood Talon Dreadnought on board could be exciting. Because of the Assault Ramps, granting the Dreadnought the ability to charge the turn it disembarks will be NASTY- no chance for someone to knock one of those Blood Talon arms off.

Blood Talon Arms only grant the extra attacks if you have 2 functioning. So, when you lose an arm, you are not just losing 1 attack, but a potential up 6 attacks. OUCH!
    I saw the codex and the Storm Raven cost ~200 pts.

Chaplain

The Furioso is also WS so you will be hitting most things on a 3+ and if I remember correctly the extra attacks are also capable of generating extra wounds. That is if I wasn't getting giddy from reading the rules but the staffer I was talking to read the rules too and came to the same conclusion.

You are right though as soon as an arm comes off the benefit is lost, so will just have to keep it from being shot too much and FA 13 should help in that regard.

Chapter-Master

I believe both the Furioso and the Death Company Dreadnoughts have enhanced WS (although the Furioso is higher!)

The flat stormraven is ~200, but with all the doodads n' stuff, can get upwards ~300!! But, at that point, By itself, it can lay waste to an army, if not dealt with.

How the Blood Talons work is that 1) they are Lightning Claws (str 6) 2) you get an extra Attack for every unsaved wound, the new attacks do not generate bonus attacks (as long as you have a pair).

So a furioso having, say, 5 attacks on the charge could potentially do 10 wounds.

Chaplain

Huh I had though the new attacks were able to generate new wounds, must have mis read it in my glee lol

Banned

The extra attacks do generate more extra attacks.

Chapter-Master

yeah, I was wrong about the extra attack with Blood Talons. I misread the dex....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12