BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, thanks a ton all! That really helps me to figure out my strategy for my Air Cav list.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerFox View Post
    true point

i guess perfect example of this is tau pathfinders.
    Oddly enough, this past saturday, this very thing happened to me.

My friend scouted his Devil fish (or whatever the pathfinders ride in) and got his guys out into some area terrain before the game...

I hate smart Tau players
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

So wait..... does this you could potentially scout move your valkyries, deploy the guardsman inside, then on your turn move, shoot, and assault (Don't ask why I am assaulting with guardsman. It will make your head hurt)

I mean, with clever scout moves and the right deployment, that puts you only 12' from an enemy if they were right on the edge...

Still thinking its better to outflank though. I need peoples opinions on the air cav tactics. I meen, I have 6 valks in a 2k point game, with nothing else on the board...

Chapter-Master

Yes.

Move your Valk 12", then deploy your scouting passengers.

Turn 1, shoot your opponent up.

Then on your opponent's turn, lose everything you scouted.

thats the trick with my airborn grey knights.

stick them in valks/dettas, scout, "land" (remove from base to stop rules lawyering) 12" from the enemy with your back facing him.

in your turn dissembark 2,99" move 6" charge 6".

tricky and only for special people who deserve it but fun

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    thats the trick with my airborn grey knights.

stick them in valks/dettas, scout, "land" (remove from base to stop rules lawyering) 12" from the enemy with your back facing him.

in your turn dissembark 2,99" move 6" charge 6".

tricky and only for special people who deserve it but fun
    that sounds damn brutal..

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Yes it does. Whenever a vehicle moves (pivoting aside) the unit inside counts as moving.
    Pivoting counts as movement for disembarking. pg 67 of the rule book under the disembarking section, 2nd bullet.

"If the vehicle has already moved (including pivoting on the spot), the passengers may disembark, but may not move any further in that movement phase."

It goes on to say that the unit can also shoot, but not assault.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    Actually you have it wrong. You cannot remove your Valk from the base during a game unless its destroyed/wrecked or immobilized.

What you do is just deploy 2" horizontally from the valks hull and stick your knights on the ground anyway. If your opponent says anything tell him hes an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHarry View Post
    Pivoting counts as movement for disembarking. pg 67 of the rule book under the disembarking section, 2nd bullet.

"If the vehicle has already moved (including pivoting on the spot), the passengers may disembark, but may not move any further in that movement phase."

It goes on to say that the unit can also shoot, but not assault.
    Thank you for correcting me.

[QUOTE=BuFFo;4903]

What you do is just deploy 2" horizontally from the valks hull and stick your knights on the ground anyway. If your opponent says anything tell him hes an idiot.

QUOTE]

HAHAH..

but seriously, just think if they are grey knights, they are in power armor.. they can survive a drop from that height... may break a leg... but they can survive! lol

but yeah, you cant remove the base unless as buffo said.. :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12