BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Librarian

Part of me thinks this is really clever use of rules and a silly mistake by the marine player, the other part thinks this is an example of something that makes no sense and shouldn't be allowed. At least it was in a tournament and not a friendly game!
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ggg View Post
    Every time I see that photo it makes me angry. What an A-hole. Tournament organisers should have the spine not to allow such behaviour. Puerile. Desrves an announcement to the entire hall. This guy is an arse he will do this. Slow hand clap.
    Sorry I don't understand the hate, I'd be raging if it was done to me and then after I've calmed down shake the guy by the hand, (if he wasn't being a **** about it), excellent counter to those people who reserve everything.

If someone did it in a pick up game then I could understand being annoyed, but in a Tourney - well done that man!

Amazing! Thats just awesome!

Brother-Sergeant

That is just a great "what the..." moment in 40k. Was it extremely cheap? Absolutely, but it is a lesson well learned by both players. If that was a friendly game I would of been absolutely raging but it is a tournament and you have to expect this kind of thing to happen. Also Khan only allows dedicated transports to outflank so even if he was included his bikes still couldn't outflank.

Chaplain

see i have to disagree with the rage issues. it's a completely legit, albeit lame way to win a game. i did the exact same thing with my scouts and two d pods in a recent game with my friend. He won initiative, held everything off table as he knew i had a first round assault army, i asked if he was outflanking or DS'ing anything, he said no. I walked over to his side with 20 scouts and two pods, set them up originally with the intention of forcing him to com in on a third of the table where my pods were lined up. but we both realized after the first pod scattered he didn't have enough space to bring his army on field in turn 1 and therefore lost as nothing was held in reserve (it was dawn of war). so i reset my deployment and we did a different game. it's legit. Sucks to lose that way but we both learned a valuable lesson, don't hold everything in reserve or off table when playing against an army with lots of infiltrating units....
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ggg View Post
    Every time I see that photo it makes me angry. What an A-hole. Tournament organisers should have the spine not to allow such behaviour. Puerile. Desrves an announcement to the entire hall. This guy is an arse he will do this. Slow hand clap.
    Sorry, but I have to disagree.

I feel it shows the Tau player thinking outside the box and taking advantage of a situation that arose, whilst the Scars player didn't take into consideration his enemy, not did he seem to pay attention to the army list details pre-game.

I think it is all good and would have love to have been there.

Yeah, I can see why people could get angry if this were something that the other player couldn't counter, but he could. Perfectly well. Next time, deploy something. It's not like the other guy racked up game after game with this strategy...

Brother-Captain

I also don't see why people would get angry. In a casual game, you have a laugh, congratulate the guy, and start another game. You're only out 5 minutes of your time and you have a fun story to tell.

Sounds like the guy specifically pointed out to his opponent that he had two units of infiltrators, too. That to me says he was being sporting about it ... it's not like the White Scars player had to Reserve everything, and he was put on notice about the danger.

The Tau player had an opportunity for a massacre and took it in a large tournament setting. Since the game was obviously short, I wonder if they had a fun game afterwards?

Ko'Vash Tau'Va!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast