BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Haha, well played, and true! oops?

Personally I like having the maxxed out Termagant squads on the table with two Tervigons to start things out. Throwing FNP on a 30 man group of Termagants actually makes them survive anti-infantry fire extremely well, especially if you can grab some cover along the way. Keep the Tervigon within 6" of them as much as possible and they can do some pretty amazing stuff, I actually had a brood of Termagants that had been whittled down to ~12 models left tarpit a Plague Marine squad for 3 rounds until the Hive Tyrant got there to clean things up. They actually won a round of combat against the Plague Marines as well, but that was a combination of FNP, Toxin Sacs and the Hive Tyrant using Paroxysm on the Plague Marine squad, ok, there might have been some slightly above average rolling on my part as well, but still pretty good.

I agree. If it were me, I would field 2 Tervigons.

I think it makes a better list.

But I also have a great love of monsters.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Personally I like having the maxxed out Termagant squads on the table with two Tervigons to start things out. Throwing FNP on a 30 man group of Termagants actually makes them survive anti-infantry fire extremely well, especially if you can grab some cover along the way. Keep the Tervigon within 6" of them as much as possible and they can do some pretty amazing stuff, I actually had a brood of Termagants that had been whittled down to ~12 models left tarpit a Plague Marine squad for 3 rounds until the Hive Tyrant got there to clean things up. They actually won a round of combat against the Plague Marines as well, but that was a combination of FNP, Toxin Sacs and the Hive Tyrant using Paroxysm on the Plague Marine squad, ok, there might have been some slightly above average rolling on my part as well, but still pretty good.

How did your tyrant put paroxsym on the marines if they were locked in combat?

On a different note, I agree that termagants can do some mean things given the right circumstances :P

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera02 View Post
    How did your tyrant put paroxsym on the marines if they were locked in combat?

On a different note, I agree that termagants can do some mean things given the right circumstances :P
    Actually, having re-read Paroxysm I might have inadvertently cheated, oh well, I think I assumed that since it auto-hit that I could use it on units already locked in HtH. I still lost the game, it was my first game with the new codex and I was kind of testing everything out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12