BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Librarian

I think at the time people didnt actually have a way to find out about eachothers music in nearly the same way but there is a lot of crossover but not as directly as nowadays, when they did find out about eachothers ideas sometimes it really took off as an example
    1980 Biancaldo of Klien and MBO chills in nyc learns about Early Rap/Techno which had just seen its revolution kicked off by Kraftwerk/YMO/Devo as a reflection of the advancement of modern times -repurposed as a reflection of the advancing city.
    returns to Italy to produce Klien and MBO's Dirty Talk in 1981, in 1982 when New Order goes to NYC they see Klien and MBO preform Dirty Talk live using entirely sequenced synthesizers, Goes home buys/builds their own sequencers uses the song-form of Dirty Talk with D-Summers walk for love bass line and creates Blue Monday - the no#1 selling 12" single of all time...

Art imitating life imitating art imitating hip-hop imitating pop imitating goth/industrial

I think a lot of people are open to something when they hear it but there is also a weird side to industrial/noise/goth where you actually run into true white supremacists, which is always weird but always happens

for myself I guess as an example Ive been diggin a bunch of mantronix 12"s lately I guess as I pointed out Blue Monday is kind of my cut off point for where I think electronic music becomes more of a musical element unto itself as supposed to something outside of the mainstream

also sorry to get so off topic, personally maybe im more of a cyberpunk/music enthusiast so im less about all theses adeptus gears and more about the robots guns wires skulls and implants
    Last edited by Arkhan Land; 05-07-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    I think at the time people didnt actually have a way to find out about eachothers music in nearly the same way but there is a lot of crossover but not as directly as nowadays, when they did find out about eachothers ideas sometimes it really took off as an example
    1980 Biancaldo of Klien and MBO chills in nyc learns about Early Rap/Techno which had just seen its revolution kicked off by Kraftwerk/YMO/Devo as a reflection of the advancement of modern times -repurposed as a reflection of the advancing city.
    returns to Italy to produce Klien and MBO's Dirty Talk in 1981, in 1982 when New Order goes to NYC they see Klien and MBO preform Dirty Talk live using entirely sequenced synthesizers, Goes home buys/builds their own sequencers uses the song-form of Dirty Talk with D-Summers walk for love bass line and creates Blue Monday - the no#1 selling 12" single of all time...

Art imitating life imitating art imitating hip-hop imitating pop imitating goth/industrial

I think a lot of people are open to something when they hear it but there is also a weird side to industrial/noise/goth where you actually run into true white supremacists, which is always weird but always happens

for myself I guess as an example Ive been diggin a bunch of mantronix 12"s lately I guess as I pointed out Blue Monday is kind of my cut off point for where I think electronic music becomes more of a musical element unto itself as supposed to something outside of the mainstream
    I'm pretty open to music and I truly believe every genre has at least one good song, allthough admitedlly there are genres I still have yet to hear anything I like, but I'm always willing to give something a chance. Even stuff I dislike sometimes might have a production technique or sound that I could use in my own stuff. I'm very anti-snobbery/elitism when it comes to music.

I've never run into any white supremacists, but most of my circle of friends are hippies and marxists
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

via one of [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/05/cult-mechanicus-formations.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=f eed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29& utm_content=FeedBurner"]gary's[/URL] birds 5-8-2015
    Cult Mechanicus has 4 formations.

Cohort Cybernetica - all models in the formation are fielded as a single unit and robots can fire at different targets
    1 Tech-Priest Dominus-gets the rules for the Cybernetica Datasmith
    2 Kastelan Robot Maniples

Elimination Maniple - gain +1 BS and ignore cover
    2-3 units of Kataphron Destroyers
    1-3 Kastelan Robot Maniples

Numinous Conclave - must have equal numbers of each type of unit gain crusader and re-roll wounds
    2-3 Fulgurite Electro-Priests
    2-3 Corpuscarii Electro-Priests

Holy Requisitioner - Deep Strike with no error
    1 Tech-Priest Dominus
    2-3 units of Kataphron Breachers
    So those Robots who ... ALREADY were putting out more MEQ wounds per turn than a jetbike squad now will get *even better* with +1BS and ignores cover. Seriously people - if you're scared of scatterbikes, then you should get locked up in a mental health institution at the thought of these robots.
    Last edited by Bigred; 05-09-2015 at 10:55 PM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Oh god. If that's a 'only if firing at something a unit from the formation has already fired at' it's powerful enough. Always on that's brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    So those Robots who ... ALREADY were putting out more MEQ wounds per turn than a jetbike squad now will get *even better* with +1BS and ignores cover. Seriously people - if you're scared of scatterbikes, then you should get locked up in a mental health institution at the thought of these robots.
    I feel as though this is misleading. Scatter bikes are potent for a number of reasons not least of which is their ability to maneuver around the board with incredible ease. Certainly their firepower is awesome but its the ability to bring it to bear consistently that makes them such a danger. These Kastellan robots are slow but pack a punch. Making their firepower impressive but not "omnipresent" like the bikes. Don't get me wrong I'm pretty impressed with their potential but these kinds of statements just feel ... overboard.

von Luck

Pre-order is up.

Additional photos show off the kit better.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

quite expensive. shame there is only the one release this week too.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yup.

Bit more than I was expecting, but think I'll get some anyway. They're not cheap points wise, so bit of an offset to the cash price.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

yeah I will pick a box up next week. I don't think they are too expensive, just more than I expected. but if you look at the size of them, it's almost like two dreadnoughts and a tech priest, so not bad really.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 05-09-2015 at 03:33 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I see that the head is separate from the body... I was afraid it'd just be two big halves. That takes step 1 (remove it) right out of replacing it, which makes me happy.

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast