BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I've seen Orks do really really well. Some dude I played against before I moved took like 40 rokkit launchas in a 2000 point game, it was insane.

I'm considering getting an Ork army just to catch people unawares... they are great fun to play (even if you lose) and modelling for them is a lot more fun than it is for Eldar (where you can't really scratch build a good looking Eldar model from bitz)
    I have thought the same, more time spent painting than playing and they are fun to paint.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

eldar are just cool to me. i like how the units are vastly dif from each other. you look at marines for example...

with "vet sgts which are just the same model basically"
    marines with bolters
    marines with heavy weps
    marines with jetpacks
    marines with bikes
    marines with hand wep and pistol

eldar are...

guardians with guns but a hovering heavy wep platform and a warlock possibly
    teleporting jump packs with special weapons
    winged jump packs with grenades they drop
    striking scorpions are close to marines style but have the mandiblaster and exarc
    howling banshee power weapon mask etc
    dire avengers are lame
    dark reapers are SIMILAR to devs but for infantry/lots of shots
    wraithguard. nuff said

they all get exarc powers which are cool

to me thats why i play eldar. the foot soldiers are all VERY dif

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Sig'd. Or so I thought. . . Let's try this again.
    Last edited by ShadowcatX; 04-16-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    modelling for them is a lot more fun than it is for Eldar (where you can't really scratch build a good looking Eldar model from bitz)
    I'll agree it's much harder,but you can scratch build a decent Eldar model from bitz; I built a Wraith Centaur out of leftovers from several kits, just to see what I could do with them. While it's too big to be a Wraithlord, and too small to be a knight, it is still a distinctly Eldar model. I'll find a picture when I get home.

Gamgee said:
    Nope not stepping away from the ledge until I know the codex is somehow all balanced.
    Based on your definition of balanced, I assume? Thank you for being the arbiter of that. Personally I feel like waiting until the codex is out and the actual rules can be seen before declaring the sky is falling.
    The description from the one snippet of the White Dwarf (which has never been known to exaggerate!) suggests the upgrade is limited to the Distort "Cannon" weapons, which at S10, death on a 6 were already very nasty, but unlike many D weapons are not area affect, so not as devastating as they might be. Better ? Yes. End of the world...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    That aside, it is worth noting that Eldar players who field the CAD (or even eschew the CAD entirely) can still field the detachments as detachments, you don't have to go with the whole core bit, you just get a bonus if you do. (Assuming this is setup the same way as the Decurion.) As such you (or anyone) can add a wraithknight to their force relatively simply. I'll be at least trying it out with my dark eldar.
    Um... Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think it'll work that way. I know the "detachment" is made up of formations, but that little block seems to be like the one for the Blood Host Detachment that includes their walkers and the Lord of Skulls. It's not an actual formation that you can tack on to a normal army, it's just a selection in the detachment.

However, there is the Wraith formation, which includes a Wraithknight (but also the other Wraith goodness), which you could tack onto a normal CAD (with its own Wraithknight) or a Dark Eldar army.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Um... Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think it'll work that way. I know the "detachment" is made up of formations, but that little block seems to be like the one for the Blood Host Detachment that includes their walkers and the Lord of Skulls. It's not an actual formation that you can tack on to a normal army, it's just a selection in the detachment.

However, there is the Wraith formation, which includes a Wraithknight (but also the other Wraith goodness), which you could tack onto a normal CAD (with its own Wraithknight) or a Dark Eldar army.
    We'll see, but I greatly suspect you are wrong. Precedent is on my side with the Decurion detachment formations, some of which consist of one unit worth of models.

We'll see, but I greatly suspect you are wrong. Precedent is on my side with the Decurion detachment formations, some of which consist of one unit worth of models.
    Please pick up a copy of Codex: Khorne Daemonkin, which actually sets the precedent for what I was saying. I was specifically using an example from one of these kinds of "detachment." I also don't recall an actual formation in Codex: Necrons that's just one model. Just being a selection choice in the detachment doesn't make something a formation. If there isn't a formation listed, you can't just bring the single model as a "formation," since no such formation exists.

We disagree. I argue precedent out of the Necron codex, you argue out of the Daemonkin codex. We'll see who is right soon enough.

ETA: Actually, you are correct. You have my apologies.
    Last edited by ShadowcatX; 04-16-2015 at 11:42 AM.

We disagree. I argue precedent out of the Necron codex, you argue out of the Daemonkin codex. We'll see who is right soon enough.

ETA: Actually, you are correct. You have my apologies.
    It's all good, the new army building methods are getting more and more confusing. Like I said (maybe on another thread?), I've had to explain these things to other gamers who are confused about how you even select an army now, and what's Battle-Forged and Unbound. All the options are nice, but at some point we're going to need an army-building encyclopedia or something...

- - - Updated - - -

An exciting new model making the rounds!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	farseersled.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	13703

Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast