BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At Which Point

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    [url]http://www.solegends.com/citfsnew/fstorture/index.htm[/url]

Enough said...
    wow... that's um well... some people need to date more if they're pickin up that stuff...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by LemanRussCommander View Post
    wow... that's um well... some people need to date more if they're pickin up that stuff...
    Actually, the people who buy these types of models probably shouldn't be dating... unless they find some masochistic chicks... otherwise, I'd be worried for the females they bring home...
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Embarrassingly, at last year's Throne of Skulls at Warhammer World, one of the spectators was able to point out to my opponent that some of my miniatures were older than he was! (Original Nurgle traitor legionnaires).

You talk about awful minis and there are some - particularly when swords, daggers and pistols were single lumps and far too thick for proportionality.

But don't diss the OOP miniatures on ebay - some of said chaos above go for an absolute mint, Sgt Centurius last seen at £37, female commissars going up towards £50, the Admech group out at a ton...So someone is buying them and hence values them.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

There's the nostalgia attached to some of those old sculpts that makes them worth more to some people. If you can remember playing the Rogue Trader rules there's a chance that the RBT01 powerfists and missile launchers hold a special place in your heart not to mention some of the 2nd ed and 3rd ed era sculpts like landspeeders. People tend to attach more value to models that have some memory attached even if (like most RT era sculpts) they were god awful!
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

There are very few of the older models that I find appealing, sure there is the occasional surprises like Cypher or Logan Grimnar which still hold there own against some of today's models. But for the most part most of the older models I found unappealing, like the older skinny Space Marines.

I didn't really get into this hobby until the new multi-part plastic models were released back in '98. I find that today's models are far superior but even today they come out with some that some that make you scratch your head... like that Crimson Fist Special Character from a few years ago... I think he was Captain 'Skinny' Marine?

Cheers,

FH
    Blog: http://pocketfullofplasma.blogspot.com/
    Meetup Site: http://www.meetup.com/Warhammer-Longmont/

Veteran-Sergeant

I find models fall into one of four categories.

I love the old 'flying couch' land speeder, 'Dante', Ezekiel, Land Raider, Wood Elf Dragon and Calgar on the toilet. Those are just so hilarious/great I can't but like them

Other models are just old and crappy, and have no redeeming features. Some off the top of my head are the old treeman, old chaos warriors, most older dragons and servitors (I swear, that damn one with the claw shows up in almost every book. I remember him as far back as the 2nd edition rulebook.)

Some models are new and awesome. Legion of the Damned are great, as well as a lot of the new plastics coming out. I don't think I have to give any more examples.

On the other side of things, there are new models that are new and worthless... anyone remember the Possessed that came out with Medusa V (or perhaps it was Cities of Death)? We had starfish hands, some guy with his tongue hanging out and a band of other misfits all prancing around. Then, there's Lucas the Trickster... Unfortunately for me, I love this sort of thing, and I can't help myself.

Chaplain

What do you guys make of these?

I've always had mixed feelings about them. They're appealing, in a Squig sort of way, but I guess Deamons should just be scarier...
    Goodbye Bols!

Veteran-Sergeant

Rock on man.

Brother-Captain

When did airtraffic control get outsourced to the Immaterium?

Well, we now know why so many get lost during warp jumps...
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Brother-Captain

The old Tzeentch minis are good if you prefer a more cartoonish army. Personally, I like my daemons to be nastier and scaries. Even the current horror model is a bit too cartoony for my tastes, but I've seen some cool armies using older models that really play up the cartoonish nature with bright colors. It ends up looking disturbing in a different sort of way, sort of like the worst nightmares of the Animaniacs came to life and started to destroy your army.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast