BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Wraith attack bonus

Reading through the new codex and liking it. One question came to mind though. The rulebook (p424) says, that if a model is not specifically stated as having a weapon with the melee type, it is treated as being armed with a single ccw. The canoptek wraiths does not state as having any melee weapons! Does this mean they get an extra attack if you buy whip coils (now a melee weapon) or the particle caster?? Seems almost to good to be true! but I really can't find anything that contradicts it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blabrun View Post
    Does this mean they get an extra attack if you buy whip coils (now a melee weapon) or the particle caster?? Seems almost to good to be true! but I really can't find anything that contradicts it.
    If you buy Whip Coils (and they're now a CCW) then you're now equiped with Whip Coils. The rule only applies if you have no kind of CCW enumerated as part of your wargear. Likewise, I thought the particle caster was a shooting weapon, I didn't think it had a melee profile.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Likewise, I thought the particle caster was a shooting weapon, I didn't think it had a melee profile.
    The Particle Caster is a Pistol, so yeah, it has a melee profile (even if it's no different than the "free" weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    The Particle Caster is a Pistol, so yeah, it has a melee profile (even if it's no different than the "free" weapon).
    Gotcha. Then still, to the original post, you'd then be equipped with a Particle Caster/Pistol/CCW already, and wouldn't benefit from the rule in question.