BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Robot in Space Crusade was a Dreadnought

Was also used for the Epic Chaos Dreadnought sculpt.

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I thought it was called a robot at one point? I thought it might have also been called a Dreadnought, but they kind of waffled around with names. Regardless, it wasn't the original Marine Dreadnought in 40K, and certainly not the one they showed on Facebook.

Yeah, I see Space Crusade was 1990, original Dreadnoughts (as shown on BoLS Facebook) were 1987. Not sure how they could even confuse the two versions, they look quite different from the legs up (the legs aren't really that similar, but at least somewhat).

On a side note, someone actually had a Space Crusade "Dreadnought" and some Androids at the GW store a couple weeks ago, plus a Rogue Trader era Land Raider. His son was using some of the original metal Harlequins (he claimed from the old box with, IIRC, 26 models in it). Was crazy nostalgic. (And then there was the whole line about how the models were older than half the people in the shop at the time.) If the guy ever sells his stuff, I'm going to jump all over it. Especially old Marine vehicles for Horus Heresy.

Chapter-Master

That model is hideous. The legs and torso don't go together at all.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I wouldn't call it "hideous." I think they were trying to do a nostalgic callback to the Space Crusade model, while keeping part of the aesthetic of the Contemptors.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I want to put those arms on a Mark V (if they aren't to out of scale).

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I flipped a coin, it came up heads. I therefore believe they will be calling this pattern "Furibundus," rather than "Deredo."
    That'll teach me to trust a coin.

Chapter-Master

I like it
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Also......

Quick Brother Stompy! The Orks threaten to overwhelm your position......FIRE ZE NIPPLEFLAMERS!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    FIRE ZE NIPPLEFLAMERS!
    At least they're functional; unlike most nipple adornment on armour.

There is that!

I'm liking the more functional look of this bad boy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast