BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by McGibs View Post
    Is that pointcost confirmed from IA13, or just speculation based on the Heresy rules (which normally have inflated point costs). The old dreadclaw was 6.5 meltaguns, and going up to 10 for an AV12 flyer with no real guns seems like a lot.
    The info comes from a different player from OP who bought the book. Not having seen the book myself I can't guarantee it, but I see no reason the guy would make it up.

From everything I've read here and elsewhere, the Dreadclaw just isn't the SM drop pod equivalent most of us want it to be. We can only realistically alpha strike one squad, (Chosen seem like a good choice) unless you fork out 30 meltas just so you can have a second alpha striking unit. Don't think I won't buy 3, either . But those points (and dollars) would probably be better spent elsewhere.

However, there is the attack capability. One pod alone isn't going to do much. But drop 3 near some weiner troops and then skim all over them all game long. Or use its ability to drop to strategically set a unit up to jump across the table using skimmer rules and grab an objective. With a unit of CSM it will be ob.sec., and a unit marked with Khorne can pop out and flame/melta/charge/doubletap+overwatch. It will take 2 turns to move and unload, but how many other transports do we have that can jump across the table and not be at risk for crashing and burning?

Is CSM the new flavor and tourney champ? Maybe (probably not), but 7th rules and this IA13 have given us a **** load more options.

Chapter-Master

I heard mention of a flamer on it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I heard mention of a flamer on it.
    Sort of. It has the option of burninating stuff on landing and when flying.

And yep. If Meltaguns are shorthand for 15 points, they're just shy of 7.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_jon View Post
    Thanks for all this. A couple more questions.

Specifics on the Great Brass Scorpion?

Are these legacies of ruin available to any vehicle? Are they available to CSM or limited to these renegades?

Is the Contemptor less than 175pts?

Is the infernus dread the same stats as a regular dread base?
    WS3, BS3, S10, 14/13/10, I3, A6, HP9. Scorpion Cannon (many dakkas), Soulburner Cannon (cover ignoring demolisher) and two Hellmaw Cannon (same burninators as those Landraiders with burninators). 3D6 charge reach, any psyker trying a power on it suffers an auto Perils, whether power works or not, +2 Modifier on Catastrophic Damage, and does D3+2 Stomps.

Yes, any vehicle. One vehicle per 1,000 points can have one or more (it's not terribly clear if it means one per 1,000, and same vehicle can hog them, or if just one vehicle per 1,000 can be upgraded with as many as it wants).

No. Does have Fleet and Adamantium Will though.

No, it's betterer.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Spartans are everything Land Raiders wish they could be.

So, how do Dreadclaw Drop Pods work? I mean, I know they're a drop pod that can fly away again, but what's the ballpark point cost relative to normal drop pods, what guns can they take, etc? Not that I'm not getting the book anyways, but Forgeworld is slow to ship to the USA.
    It's identical to HH3

So it's an AV12 HP3 flyer, deepstrikes into hover mode. The weapon has 2 attacks, when it deep strikes, it hits every enemy model within D3+3" with S6 AP5. Additionally, it can be used in the movement phase when hovering causing D6 S5 Ap5 hits to every enemy unit it moves over (each time you use it this way, roll a D6, on a 1 you suffer a pen).

The big thing is that it doesn't need to land even remotely close to where you need it since it can flat out 18" after landing, then next turn you can move 6" more and disembark 6", so as long as you're within 30" of where you want to be, you're fine. Since you don't need to (and frequently wont) disembark immediately when you land, it also protects whatever unit is inside from enemy shooting, and if it gets killed, the guys inside are fine since you're in hover mode.

Definitely not as spammable, but potentially useful.
    TheDiceAbide.com - Same game, better attitude .

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Any chance we could get a rundown of the Big Bad Four Daemons?
    pretty please
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Will endeavour to remember tonight.

I know they retain their 3+ Invulnerable. And the Slaaneshi one gains wound from it's sword.

Right then.....

Mamon, Daemon Prince of Nurgle.

10 points less than a Land Raider.WS7, BS5, S6, T7, W5, I4, A4, Ld9, Sv 5+.

Daemon of Nurgle, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, FnP 5+, Poisoned 2+. With a Poison 2+ AP3 Flamer.

Big Fat Nurgle Blob.

Toughest thing in the game at T9, 6 Wounds, 3+ Invulnerable, and FnP 4+ - basically precious little short of a jammy Strength D shot is going to drop this puppy! Hellstorm Heavy Flamer equivalent, +D3 attacks on the charge, but can only wal 6" on account of being a bigfattyboomboom.

Dead Killy Khorne Dave

Flying Gargantuan with T8, W8, 2+ save and a 3+ Invulnerable. Must charge if he possibly can. Do I not want to face that!

Uraka 'The Warfiend', Daemon Prince of Khorne

WS7, BS5, S7, T5, W4, I6, A5, Ld9 3+Sv

Fleshbane Ap2 CCW that does Instant Death on a 6 to wound. 20 points cheaper than his Nurgle compadre.

Kinky Slaaneshi Giant Daemon Wench

Probably my favourite. Pretty cheap as these things go. T7, W6, I10, 3+ Inv.

CCW is user's S (so 7 then!), AP1, always does Instant Death, and any combat where it causes a wound, roll a D6 at the end of the sub-phase, and on a 2+ you get a wound back. This can raise it's wounds to 10! But.....there's MOAR! 36", S6, AP3, Assault D6 Pinning shootydeathkill. Angel of Despair - +D3 attacks when charging, and any non-Fearless unit in TH must pass a Ld test or be unable to strike blows that turn. Roll for entire unit once, IC roll separately.

And now the one I've been asked most about....

THE VICIOUS CHICKEN OF BRISTOL

Flying Gargantuan, WS9, BS6, S8, T8, W9, I9, A5, Ld10, 3+ Inv

Riftbringer, Soul Eater, Wind of Chaos Daemonic Rewards.

Lvl 4 Psyker

Chosen of Tzeentch - four psychic powers, must roll for two from the Discipline of Change in Daemons book, ignoring the usual maximum for generating powers from his patron's discipline. Other powers may be generated from any one discipline chosen from Pyromancy, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Divination or Biomacy. He may not use Daemonology at all (one assumes, because REASONS).

Mantle of Twisted Fates - If he successfully nullifies an enemy psychic power, on a 4+, it's reflected back on it's caster. Count as shooting attacks, hit their target automatically, and in the case of Blast Markers, centred on the originator with no scatter. Where both have to take a test (so say, Mind War), Vicious Chicken of Bristol counts as being the user/caster....

Dark Jealousy - Chicken is a bit of a knob. If there's another Greater Daemon (including Lords of Change), Daemon Prince or Daemon Lord is within 18", Chicken has to direct all his ranged attacks against them. Friend and foe......

Staff of Cataclysm - Must remain stationary in the movement phase, cannot be used via other Rewards, and cannot use in HTH. It's a shooting attack - Unlimited Range, S-, AP3, Apocalyptic Barrage 6+D3, Haywire, Poison 3+. Every time it's used, take a Ld test. If you fail, your opponent chooses the target. If it entirely wipes out an enemy infantry unit, place a Large Blast template centred where the Apocalyptic Barrage template was centred, and place a new unit of Pink Horrors equal to the number of models from entirely destroyed units removed as casualties under the marker. The new unit acts precisely as if it had Deep Striked onto the board, but may not fire in this turn. You must have the correct models, and the unit gives no VPs or KPs, nor can this be used to bolster an existing unit of Pinkies.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 10-17-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

cheers mystery
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Specifically says no daemonolgy, malefic in particular? If not then maybe straight out cut and paste from IA Apocalypse and if so then follows the fluff about not voluntarily summoning other Gd especially through possession lol

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast