BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Looks great, nothing much to add, really. Except maybe a dusting of the feet and lower legs was somengrey weathering powder to blend in with the base.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Sergeant

Hey guys,
    I got my five man sternguard squad finished, though I might go back and add a sixth (-tenth, maybe) member armed with a heavy flamer.

I'm really pleased with how they turned out. I totally stole the gold face mask from [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?385621-Elfaen-s-Loyalist-Pre-Heresy-Emperor-s-Children&p=7226573#post7226573"]Elfaen's Emperor's Children[/URL], but considering how cool it looks, I don't he'll mind.

I was a bit hesitant to use the corrosion effect on them, so pleased as I was with the paint job, but I figured these guys would be in the middle of the thickest firefights, so I had to ding them up a little. All in all I think the weathering turned out okay. I'm still getting the hang of pigments and the like.

Also, I picked up the "Blood for the Blood God" technical paint to make a few guys look slaughter hungry. Check it out.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Cera cito.

First-Captain

they look amazing mate, like real veterans, weathered and beat up, but still kicking butt!

Really liking the blood splatter on the Assualt Marines as well
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

The added blood all over the assault marines along with their poses really works for them. Slowly falling to the madness within.... Also the Sternguard look stellar.

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks you two. I can always depend on you for feedback.

As for hobby progress, I bought a Stormtalon from a guy on kijiji and it needed a lot of work.

It was provided with only las-cannons, and I wanted to give it missile launchers, so into my bitz box I went. I came up with the Contemptor missile launchers and with some sawing and sanding, fit these bad boys into place.

I couldn't get the cockpit glass off without destroying it, which was a big bummer because I wanted to paint it as though it were lit by the controls at night. Oh well. Next time, right?

I'm really pleased with how the weathering on the engines went. I think I managed to make them look used, but not neglected.

Where I couldn't get the cockpit open, I had to paint it as tinted glass, I'm not thrilled with the result, but I'll take what I can get at this point. If anyone has tips for painting glass, I'd love to hear it.
    Also, I just realized I forgot to do the chapter symbols (I am so smrt) so I'll go do those tomorrow. I think I'll do the cross sabres in white on the tail.

Additionally, a friend of mine wanted me to do a trial run of an Astral Claw for him and this is what I came up with.

Thoughts on what I've been up to?
    Cera cito.

Brother-Captain

Your marines bring my heart to joy. They are outstanding. And that little blue line on the loincloth... nice touch! The corrosion & blood effects are done nicely, it seems that GW did something good with those.
    The contemptor missiles on that Storm Talon suit it very well, better than the original ones. But one wonders how something valuable like a FW cyclone launcher ended up in your bitz box anyways... But I cry wails of woe that you didn't attack that thing with a hack saw and plasticard...

The Astral Claw, I'd give his left kneepad a different colour (blue, black, or white) to break up the grey mass a bit.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks Meph. That means a lot coming from the owner of one of my favourite Blood Angel projects.

Captain of the 4th Company of the Crimson Sabres Chapter, Dzarton was a powerfully built man, even by Space Marine standards, popular not only among his fellow captains but also the lower-ranked Brothers of the Chapter. Though he did not covet Sevastus Kranon's position, it was no secret that Dzarton would likely lead the Crimson Sabres in the future. Following the massacre on Umidia, and the Crimson Sabres' excommunication after the genocide committed on Demetra, Dzarton willingly followed Chapter Master Kranon into the Eye of Terror in a suicidal campaign to seek glorious martyrdom.

When Kranon changed his mind several standard years later and abandoned their cause, Captain Dzarton departed, taking with him many of the men of his former company and the Chapter warship Pride of Rhogon. He swore that if they ever met again with the rest of the Chapter they would be foes. Captain Dzarton and his fifty-nine followers of the 4th Company re-established a secret base upon their old homeworld of Rhoghon in realspace. It is still rad-contaminated, but it is Dzarton's hope to restore the old Crimson Sabres Chapter to Loyalist purity and service to the Emperor. He vowed to hunt down and slay Kranon as his penance to the Emperor.

So I've got the new Captain Eli Dzarton all ready.
    Tell me what you think:

And here's a shot of the unlikely view of an Astarte running away.

Now that I'm posting pictures I can see a few things I need to do. Weathering, obviously. (How did I forget?!) I might have been in a rush to get pictures up. Also, the shape of this model makes it almost impossible to get a good snap without weird shadows, so sorry for the uglier than usual pics.

I think I like the green power sword, but I'm not sure. The other option was to have done it blue, but I didn't want to get into a situation where he turned out two toned.

Though, I am really happy I went back and remodelled this guy. It gave me an excuse to use one of my favourite models that I've had knocking around for some time, that special edition captain with the thunder-hammer from 6 or 7 years ago.

Anyhow, that's what I've been up to.
    Last edited by primeministersinister; 09-05-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    Cera cito.

Chapter-Master

The green power sword contrasts nicely with the armour and I love the little blue accents you sneak in. They really stand out!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Amazing as usual, I really like the helmet comb on the maximus pattern helm.

It gave me an excuse to use one of my favourite models that I've had knocking around for some time, that special edition captain with the thunder-hammer from 6 or 7 years ago.

I love that classic captain from games day. i ended up with about 3 of them for some reason. i use the body for my DA company master with jump pack, great movement.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast