BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    I'll bet its a throw away line about it being 'devastated' which for Kislev is just a temporary set back.
    You mean "Thursday"?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    One of the big issues Nagash faced after being all hacked and mangled off Alcadizzar was that in the intervening time, the Skaven had pretty much mined all the Warpstone out of Cripple Peak.

When he fought Nagash, he was out of Warpstone, missing his hand, and indeed his shiny floral bonnett, which was somewhere else (can't remember precisely where!)

Nagash has never needed anyone to resurrect him before. It seems he is quite beyond that need. However, that is not to say rituals and that might not speed along the process. Even if he didn't, he certainly seems to have been using Cats Paws for a decent while, no doubt to ensure he has power bases in areas other than Nagashizzar.

Me, I'm so excite about this it's insane! Gonna have to pop on the iPhone Saturday morning and place an order!
    I can fill in some of the gaps. The Crown of Command was found by Sigmar (on the head of Necromancer he killed). He wore it for a while but it made him all grumpy so he was persuaded by his friends to take it off and felt much better. It was sealed under a vault in ancient Altdorf. It somehow gets from there to the Chaos Wates where Azhag finds it and wears it until he is killed and again it is sealed under the vaults of Altdorf. Apparently that is not a very safe place to put it.

Also, I thought Nagash cam back after Alcaddizzar because the Skaven couldn't find his hand? They pretty much rendered the rest of him down to an atomic level, but because that survived he was able to resurrect.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I can fill in some of the gaps. The Crown of Command was found by Sigmar (on the head of Necromancer he killed). He wore it for a while but it made him all grumpy so he was persuaded by his friends to take it off and felt much better. It was sealed under a vault in ancient Altdorf. It somehow gets from there to the Chaos Wates where Azhag finds it and wears it until he is killed and again it is sealed under the vaults of Altdorf. Apparently that is not a very safe place to put it.

Also, I thought Nagash cam back after Alcaddizzar because the Skaven couldn't find his hand? They pretty much rendered the rest of him down to an atomic level, but because that survived he was able to resurrect.
    That's a good point - nobody is exactly sure if the hand doing a runner is what has allowed him to constantly ressurrect. After all, he's never had that since he began all this in/out/in/out/shake it all about malarkey.

Man, I think my head is asplode in excitement. Don't care if it is £50 for the books, I'm getting them, and reading them. Quite possibly in the graveyard that is my back garden.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    You do realize that Russians are the very definition of Caucasians?
    You do realize the second part of what I said was BOYS, and that a Queen isn't a "boy?" The post I was responding to talked about Kislev actually having some degree of equality and showing women in a good light, something that you don't really see throughout most of GW's stuff.

Or are you too busy trying to just to call people wrong, so you can't be bothered to actually read what you're trying to "correct?"

Now now.

We're 19 pages in, no arguing now please.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

That's a good point. 19 pages of discussion is probably more than we've had on the Warhammer forum this year. GW is doing something right to generate interest!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Because Nagash!

*flails loads*

And Neferata and Arkhan and Manfredd!

*flails moar*
    And you can tell I'm a bit slow this week (dunno why!), but only just noticed the Four Horsemen stylings of Nagash's lieutenants...

BEHOLD! DEATH, DEATH, and...ermmmmm DEATH!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-20-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Because Nagash!

*flails loads*

And Neferata and Arkhan and Manfredd!

*flails moar*
    And you can tell I'm a bit slow this week (dunno why!), but only just noticed the Four Horsemen stylings of Nagash's lieutenants...

BEHOLD! DEATH, DEATH, and...ermmmmm DEATH!
    Just remember: With strange aeons, even death may die.

...and then he'll just reanimate himself, because why not?

Brother-Captain

Just had a read of the latest White Dwarf in my local hobby shop. The Battle Report is really something, Nagash takes on a huge host of Tomb Kings forces (including Settra and Apophas) by himself! In just his first round he summons something like 30 grave ghouls and 18 black knights to fight for him, he later summons a Terrorgeist and even Krell (referred to as another of his Mortarchs, there are nine of them apparently). There's a fabulous piece of art in the issue showing Nagash fighting Settra, you get a real sense of just how massive a creature Nagash is.

Ohh and it is Vlad he sent north to stymie Archaon! Nagash brought him back to serve as one of his generals and has sent him along with two other of his lords north (I'm betting they are either Konrad & Isabella or else Kemmler & Krell). Also Valten is alive and on the northern frontier of the Empire battling Archaon's hordes. Looks like GW really ain't kidding with their whole End Times campaign thing, as the issue mentions daemonic armies attacking Naggaroth and Ulthuan as well, and even the Slann have roused from their slumber to confront the coming apocalypse.

by the looks of things the big retcon to set the timeline back to before the Storm of Chaos campaign took place, was in order to make a much larger event possible, with warfare everywhere, not just on the northern front.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Just had a read of the latest White Dwarf in my local hobby shop. The Battle Report is really something, Nagash takes on a huge host of Tomb Kings forces (including Settra and Apophas) by himself! In just his first round he summons something like 30 grave ghouls and 18 black knights to fight for him, he later summons a Terrorgeist and even Krell (referred to as another of his Mortarchs, there are nine of them apparently). There's a fabulous piece of art in the issue showing Nagash fighting Settra, you get a real sense of just how massive a creature Nagash is.

Ohh and it is Vlad he sent north to stymie Archaon! Nagash brought him back to serve as one of his generals and has sent him along with two other of his lords north (I'm betting they are either Konrad & Isabella or else Kemmler & Krell). Also Valten is alive and on the northern frontier of the Empire battling Archaon's hordes. Looks like GW really ain't kidding with their whole End Times campaign thing, as the issue mentions daemonic armies attacking Naggaroth and Ulthuan as well, and even the Slann have roused from their slumber to confront the coming apocalypse.

by the looks of things the big retcon to set the timeline back to before the Storm of Chaos campaign took place, was in order to make a much larger event possible, with warfare everywhere, not just on the northern front.
    *Slow Claps*

I don't say this often as I've gorwn very cynical towards GW... but... "Well Done, GW."

While Storm of Chaos was a great deal of fun, I have no problem retconning the timeline to push back the current year to before SoC. The problem I had in the past was that they completely removed all mention of the events in Storm of Chaos. Now it seems like they are setting us up for Storm of Chaos, Take Two... which is fine since it looks like it will be much more inclusive of non-Chaos and non-Empire (and empire allies).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast