BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 46 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

I'm shipping them now.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Oh, it's totally canon, but since Deadpool can't die (cursed by Thanos out of jealousy when she chose Deadpool over him) and she's, well... it's a fated never to be together thing ;_;

Hasn't stopped him trying though.

Particularly enjoy Deadpool as a character!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Oh, it's totally canon, but since Deadpool can't die (cursed by Thanos out of jealousy when she chose Deadpool over him) and she's, well... it's a fated never to be together thing ;_;
    Nifty. I know nothing about Deadpool, should totes read some comics.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

I mean, there were folkloric heroes like Robin Hood before the Scarlet Pimpernel, but they didn’t really do the secret identity — people might not have known Robin Hood’s real identity but he wasn’t out living a double life and his costume was just what he and his buds wore in the forest, whereas the Pimpernel was actually doing the exact same thing as Bruce Wayne (pampered aristocrat by day, avenging hero by night)

also I wanna point out that the Scarlet Pimpernel was actually the leader of a league of twenty people also living double lives — Baroness Orczy also invented the first superhero team

Chapter-Master

Hmm. Has no powers, or super wizz gadgets. Do we count dressing up to fight Frenchmen as super hero status. I mean, fighting Frenchmen is basically a national past time over here.

Plus, I'm fairly certain there were quite a few a Greek heroes who disguised themselves. Sorry, but I'm not sure we can claim the Pimpernel as the first superhero.

Though, I reckon we could make a case for Madam DeWinter to be the first super villain.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

He is in the Batman sense. Wealthy playboy who fights crime/criminal regime in a disguise while deflecting attention with his alter-ego.

Chapter-Master

I suppose if Green Arrow is a superhero, anyone is. Though on that basis, I doubt he would be the first. As a related topic, when does one progress from mere hero into superhero?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Banned

Lol.

Oh I forgot, I really recommend the new She Hulk. I've read 1-2 and both are beautifully illustrated and fantastic to read. It's very much a comic that looks at the superhero doing day to day things (lawyering in this case) without so much action but that's the point really. It's a really refreshing take and features a fantastic female lead who is charming and super smart as well as badass.

Page 46 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast