BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by dwez View Post
    "The strength of these hits is equal to 4, but is increased by 1 for each additional Spore Mine in the detonating cluster (to a maximum of Strength 10)."
    and that has no bearing on anything, its the standard limitation text.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

So no one has spoken to GW yet besides me? I want someone to call and let all of us here know if you got the same answer (d3 per model) or a different answer (d3 per unit).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ccjazz38 View Post
    So no one has spoken to GW yet besides me? I want someone to call and let all of us here know if you got the same answer (d3 per model) or a different answer (d3 per unit).
    you can call all you like, you ALWAYS get different answers. Thats why no one bothers
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    you can call all you like, you ALWAYS get different answers. Thats why no one bothers
    love it.

to be generous to the poor tyranid player actually using spore mines; we have been giving d3 per shooting model.

BUT my follow on question is : WHY cant you shoot at a spore mine cluster ? it has a stat line and is therefore a target for shooting in shooting phase ? it also has to 'assault' to detonate [?] [not got codex to hand so not sure exactly hows its worded!] ... which presumably means that overwatch fire is also permitted ??

so they are really only any good against vehicles with no overwatch ? or against other non-shooting enemy units [say genestealers?][]

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    love it.

to be generous to the poor tyranid player actually using spore mines; we have been giving d3 per shooting model.

BUT my follow on question is : WHY cant you shoot at a spore mine cluster ? it has a stat line and is therefore a target for shooting in shooting phase ? it also has to 'assault' to detonate [?] [not got codex to hand so not sure exactly hows its worded!] ... which presumably means that overwatch fire is also permitted ??

so they are really only any good against vehicles with no overwatch ? or against other non-shooting enemy units [say genestealers?][]
    Spore mines, particularly biovore left overs are AWESOME, not the least because they eat overwatch and threaten vehicles.

Chaplain

Simple easy answer for this one is to use GW's propensity for unclear rule writing in your favor with another Biovore example and a Living Artillery Node where they require you to take an Exocrine, 3 Biovores and A Warrior Brood with a Biocannon, note that they don't specify Biovore Brood but say Biovore so you could always consider each Biovore model its own Brood thus generating a potential 1d3 spore mines each, all without filling up your Heavy Support FOC slots.

Problem with GW stores and customer service and rules questions is you more often get multiple answers than not, hence the importance of a decent FAQ or Errata release rate, personally think GW should take advantage of the new White Dwarf format to include a simple Ask the Editors section to answer a lot of them with more regularity.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 03-20-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Chapter-Master

Thats been updated its a brood of 3 biovores now

One more comment and I will leave it up to GW to update a FAQ. Think of this (and besides the fact GW told me that the spores are D3 per model).... I have one biovore that shoots a spore that has burst ability (D3). Now you add 1 or 2 more mines...each shooting a spore with burst ability and I only get D3? Think about this again...I shoot 3 spores only getting D3? If I shoot one I get D3. So what is the point of bringing more to a unit, besides hoping that you hit, to add more blast templates....and if the second (or 3rd) template flips...most things you hit will miss because the template is too big when you flip.

What I am trying to get you to understand is this...each model shoots a spore that has the burst ability. In a unit of 3 that is 3 mines shooting..so I should get D3 per mine (aka each biovore). Trying to tell me if I'm shoot 3 mines...I may get less mines out on the table than what I shot? It makes no sense.

Now, what would have made sense with the D3 per unit (that people are thinking is the way it reads), is if it had said "place a spore mine per model in unit... then add D3"...but it does not say that.
    Last edited by ccjazz38; 03-26-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Which would in fact suggest that maybe that should have been 1d3 per firing model... Otherwise there was no point saying 'up to a maximum of 10' in the description.
    It's the same with vibro cannons in Eldar, They start out at St 7 ap 4 and get +1 st and -1 ap for every hit after the first and the rule says you cannot exceed st 10 or go below ap 1 but since they are heavy 1, and a maximum of 3 artillery models, and independent characters can't fire the artillery you only can get a maximum of st 9 ap 2.
    Last edited by Asuryan; 03-26-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ccjazz38 View Post
    One more comment and I will leave it up to GW to update a FAQ. Think of this (and besides the fact GW told me that the spores are D3 per model).... I have one biovore that shoots a spore that has burst ability (D3). Now you add 1 or 2 more mines...each shooting a spore with burst ability and I only get D3? Think about this again...I shoot 3 spores only getting D3? If I shoot one I get D3. So what is the point of bringing more to a unit, besides hoping that you hit, to add more blast templates....and if the second (or 3rd) template flips...most things you hit will miss because the template is too big when you flip.

What I am trying to get you to understand is this...each model shoots a spore that has the burst ability. In a unit of 3 that is 3 mines shooting..so I should get D3 per mine (aka each biovore). Trying to tell me if I'm shoot 3 mines...I may get less mines out on the table than what I shot? It makes no sense.

Now, what would have made sense with the D3 per unit (that people are thinking is the way it reads), is if it had said "place a spore mine per model in unit... then add D3"...but it does not say that.
    And GW told me its one D3 regardless of the number of Biovores.

Look if your going to throw your toys out of the sand pit do us all a favour and dont ask the question next time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast