BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

I do hope the respirator heads rumour is true. I want to do a Baal PDF (in homage to StraightSilver's Macragge PDF, check it out it's amazing [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?6732-Macragge-PDF[/url]) but with the rad wastes they should have masks. Plus then I don't need to paint flesh.

Really quite excited by the rumours. Maybe supported be a couple of knights...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Fly Lord

Mod Notice:
    Please take IP - Legal discussions to the Wargames Corporate subforums where the issue is more than welcome.

But it's not related to IG rumors.

Thank you gentlemen.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I'll offer this advice to IG players.. I've had various IG codices (and other armies too) if you haven't experienced this.. buy the kits if you want them but unless you're magnetizing things, don't build anything yet. I watched as the Deathworld Codex became invalid as well as my regular list.. but also point cost changes can cause you to have to re-form some units differently than you might have in the current book. I know a lot of players who have been around probably see this as common sense.. but I'm mostly talking to people who have only ever played IG or are maybe new to the hobby.

The units that I would possibly hold off on putting together.. Stormtroopers, Rough Riders, Ogryn, Veterans, Penal Legions, Ratlings, Sanctioned Psykers, special weapon squads, Armored Sentinels. Why? Some may or may not still be around.. others might see their options changed, or they might get folded into another unit, requiring a different number of models, etc. Also, if you're building Rough Riders on bikes and they release actual bikes.. etc.. (I don't know I'm throwing that out there since it's a popular choice and a vague possibility). I'm personally in the middle of building some IG and will probably be magnetizing a lot to avoid previous headaches.

EDIT: Also remember that GW has a tendency of playing musical chairs with their hero models.. so any of those special heroes could be gone or replaced next go-round..

Oh.. another thought.. the vehicle squadrons.. if that ends up going away and you have built up a bunch of tanks, you'll be kicking yourself. Anyway.. I'm happy to see IG love and I hope the rumors are true.. because all of them so far sound like stuff I'd be into.

I can't think of many instances when a unit has been deleted from the game, everything is always useable, its just not optimum, if you just go with the stuff you like because its cool or you like the look of it, you never go far wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    I can't think of many instances when a unit has been deleted from the game, everything is always useable, its just not optimum, if you just go with the stuff you like because its cool or you like the look of it, you never go far wrong.
    Doom of malan'tai, Spore Pods, Genestealer Cult, Lost and the Damned, Nuadhu Fireheart, Chaos Cult Terminators, Chaos Cult Cybots, Iyanna Arienal, Doomrider, N'Kari, Beastmen, Squads, Harlequin Venom, Necron Pariah,...
    Just to mention a few.

Brother-Captain

Macharius wasn't in the last IG codex, just to tighten up the list. Oh, and the Last Chancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Doom of malan'tai, Spore Pods, Genestealer Cult, Lost and the Damned, Nuadhu Fireheart, Chaos Cult Terminators, Chaos Cult Cybots, Iyanna Arienal, Doomrider, N'Kari, Beastmen, Squads, Harlequin Venom, Necron Pariah,...
    Just to mention a few.
    Yeah, but a lot of those were a loooooong time ago, and the recent Tyranid stuff was mostly because they never bothered to make an actual model so they had a bit of a legalish battle combined with childishness. As for pariahs, they were a pretty silly unit fluffwise. I agree that one should avoid assembling some models right away, but I would not believe that they would eliminate some key guard units like ogryn or ratlings since they have been with the codex for a while now. Additionally, units like rough riders are not only present in guard but also in Death Korps, so its unlikely they would eliminate them as well (hopefully new models! Although i just completed building my Praetorian Guards riding Cold Ones)

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Macharius wasn't in the last IG codex, just to tighten up the list. Oh, and the Last Chancers.
    I don't know why they got rid of the chancers since they had some sweet models to go with it, other than maybe its popularity was waning (but it did become normal penal legion i guess) as for Macharius I think he was sort of "out of time" since he is more of a historical figure than a contemporary 40k one

But it does happen from time to time...
    I started WH Fantasy with 4th edition and went for Chaos. So I endet up having a few Beatmen, Chaoswarriors/knights and Daemons.
    6th edition killed my army as I could not use Beastmen anymore and I did not have enough Chaoswarrior to provide a sufficient army. But i had daemons (which I used for 40k too) and a bunch of darkelves (not an actual army just for the looks and paining) which I could use to form a Slaanesh Cult in the Storm of Chaos campain. I bought some more Dark elves and suddenly my army became invalid again with 7th edition where I decided to quit fantasy completely.
    My 40k CSM (started 2nd edition) had only a slightly better fate has daemons got their own codex (and I even dont have soo many of them that allies would pay) and the rules are crap so they got shelved. Or on rare instances get played with loyalist rules.
    My 2nd edition Eldar didnt change a bit, new models here and there (Guardians and Dire avengers) but roughly most of the models I own (Wraithlord, Warwalker, Falcon, Jetbikes,...) are about 20 years old. Some of them (Jetbikes, Falcon, Warpsiders, Hawks,..) havent even seen a new model in GWs range in this time period. Lots of wasted opportunity here...

To be fair. GW has been good at putting units back in that had gotten left out of previous editions, as well as adding new ones. Shock Attack Guns, Penal Legions, conscripts, pretty sure we got a marine and an eldar thing or two in there in the last couple of codices. The last IG codex also saw a LOT of things from Forgeworld brought over thus silencing those snotty 'it's not officialololol' twits who claimed a vanquisher was super cheese because it was...in a bigger book than a codex.

The things that got taken out seem to have primarily been minor characters that basically got turned into new generic units (spiritseers), were 'historical' characters whose existence was primarily to much part of the backstory to make them the constantly respawning super bros we now have, or were a victim of a certain other companies inability to make their own ideas marketable.

Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast