BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    I think he means last weeks White Dwarf

This weeks White Dwarf contains some strange Knights listed in the forces of the battle report. They talk about a "Knight Seneschal" & a "Knight Apparent" (next to Knights & Freeblades).
    Could these be options from the codex making the Knight better/worse ? (cost more/less) ?
    Someone posted the table from the codex somewhere, either here or on another thread, I think a roll of one worsens the ws and bs, 2-5 does nothing, and 6 adds one to ws and bs, IIRC.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    Someone posted the table from the codex somewhere, either here or on another thread, I think a roll of one worsens the ws and bs, 2-5 does nothing, and 6 adds one to ws and bs, IIRC.
    yeah that's what I seem to remember as well... curious if one has to roll on that table though - if I have the option I know I won't (know my luck all too well for that...)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

I think that Seneschal is the name for a Knight being a Warlord?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

You're right mitey.

Also, looked through the Knight Companion today, such a pretty book! ERMAGHERD.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    You're right mitey.

Also, looked through the Knight Companion today, such a pretty book! ERMAGHERD.
    OMG, TDA, LMNOP stop telling me that the Companion is awesome. Then I'll have to buy it.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by quindia View Post
    At least it looks like the rules for super heavy walkers are included in the codex (it's on the latest video preview on the GW site). I realize they could have done better with the initial kit... I would like to have least seen a second arm for the left side included and articulated knees, but the model has tons of potential and I'm sure we'll be swimming in FW bits very soon.
    I feel like the legs are probably static because it's a veeeery top heavy model and having the static legs helps ensure it won't topple over on people. Sure, some people could handle posing them in ways that can stand, and those people should be able to do so still, but this ensures that generally it's not an issue. Finished the basic building on mine today. Need to work out how to magnetize to swap the guns then it's time for primer.

Veteran-Sergeant

The companion is awesome. Lots of fluff, lots of named Knights with individual colour schemes for the big Houses and Freeblades. (For any other Fist fans out there, Hawkshrowd may be the way to go - yellow armour and covered in IF campaign badges).

Also, having constructed my first Knight today, they are a pleasure to build. Some small fidly bits with the railings, but overall easy to build, lots of movement left after building. Gun arm isn't easily magnetised though - the melta arm has a part that goes inside the main assembly. However they can be taken off after building so maybe get a second arm from bits seller.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Veteran-Sergeant

From the companion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hawkshrowd front.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	7612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hawkshrowd top.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	7613  

Chapter-Master

Re: Freeblades.

Is it just me, or do some of the stories of the Freeblades imply that their pilots have become something not quite human? There are Freeblades who are the only living thing left on the planet they guard, Freeblades that can return after being destroyed, and Freeblades who appear and disappear mysteriously and seem to lack the infrastructure to care for an enormous walking war machine. There are Freeblades who have been said to be on the same mission for hundreds of years, and while I know that the world of Warhammer 40k has anagathic technologies - the "rejuvenat" process - but those technologies also take infrastructure... which most Freeblades aren't exactly keeping in their back pockets.

I strongly suspect that there is going to be a sub-plot - or at least an implication - that the pilot's mind can merge with his machine upon his death. Maybe it's related to the pilot being a nascent psyker. If he dies "in the saddle" with sufficiently intense emotions playing out in his mind, he can become the machine. This frees the machine from certain restraints, giving it an almost Daemon-like ability to heal itself. Perhaps the really old ones - like Gerantius's, whose presence is said to heal the wounded and bring cleansing rains - have other powers thanks to their semi-material nature.

They do call the pilot's seat a Throne Mechanicus, after all... There's another "throne" that everyone likes to talk about...

And yes, now I kind of want to play a somewhat shy and anxious knight who has been pressured into taking on the suit of armor that once belonged to his mother, who spent several years as a Freeblade before finally taking down the Chaos warband who [INSERT TERRIBLE DEED HERE], at which point her mysteriously empty armor was recovered by the family. 10 Internet points to the person who gets the reference.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Another cool thing from the Companion: I noticed someone called Baron Something, someone called The Lancer of Something and a Warden of Something. Nice little shout-outs to the Epic fans (although does suggest that we won't see them as separate models - they were all just Paladin/Errants).
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast