BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Do a model's rules matter to you?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm not fussed at all. This is a total non-issue.

48 15.84%
  • I'm not too fussed either way, but this new strategy seems kind of underhanded.

45 14.85%
  • Only rules matter. I only buy models that are good on the battlefield.

13 4.29%
  • Only looks matter. I'm all about the painting/converting, not gaming.

32 10.56%
  • Looks matter more than rules; I'll buy for either reason, but mostly looks.

102 33.66%
  • Rules matter more than looks; I'll buy for either reason, but mostly rules.

74 24.42%
  • I bought a Pyrovore... I... I still... Man. I just... I just... excuse me.

17 5.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Yes, GW will reap a bitter harvest of nerd tears once it is revealed that Hammerers are toughness 2 now, and only hit on 6s, and even then they hit themselves due to the new Dwarf universal special rule: And They Shall All Be Retarded.

How about someone makes a real poll with answers that don't have all the passive aggressive subtext.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Azrell View Post
    How about someone makes a real poll with answers that don't have all the passive aggressive subtext.
    [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?40880-What-do-you-think-of"]
    Here...[/URL]

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Sergeant

I own a bunch of models that I have never used / never plan to use. I just bought them to paint, or because it's cool.

For example, I bought a Nephilim and a Dark Talon. Not very good flyers, but the models look cool. Same with Deathwing Knights. My Dark Angels have like, 7 Librarians, 6 Chaplains and 5 Captains. Can't use them all at once, but I like the models.
    - Ezaviel
    Laudate imperatorem.

Total non issue. I buy what I like. Which I use may be influenced by rules, but not my buying habits.

I buy for cool. I haven't come across anything really cool that I couldn't make work in a game.

they tried this a long time ago when they released the original necrons to see if ****ty models with great rules would sell. They sold...

Veteran-Sergeant

I think this is the old question " What comes first the Chicken or the Egg?" I am a firm believer that without the rules the models are just models. I enjoy painting and developing an army to play with, but I make sure the army has character and I will enjoy playing it. Like others have stated I do not power game and just playing and being a part of a social group and activity matters more to me. But I do feel this models first and Codex/rules later is kind of lame.

Brother-Sergeant

I buy models if I like the rules only and that's why I bought my large unit of Mandrakes. Mandrakes are great, they absorb loads of firepower and tie up annoying units for several turns usually. I really don't understand why people don't like them on the internet, but maybe it's to do with all these weird spammy DE lists I see.

I bought Skullcrushers despite the fact I wasn't completely sold on the models and then they changed the rules like 2 weeks later. I Prefer the converting / painting side of the hobby but I would only buy a modle if it was in anyway useful to me in a game.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast