BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Love the fluff and the models, but the paintjob... for some reason the word that springs to mind is festive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Why can't Forge World paint their models nicely?
    Well for starters they are not painted by anyone from 'eavy Metal, then there's the fact that a lot of the time they are painted for someone's army in Forge World/painted by a staff member.

Oh and they aren't that bad.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

It's supposed to be advertising their models, why are they not painted the best that they could be?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

One one hand I think it is nice that FW show models with a more achievable paintjob for most people than the Eavy Metal team but on the other hand it does make the models look a bit shabby sometimes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Good point.

I also think there's not a consistent painting level amongst their painted models, some of them are toasted mazeballs, and some of them are just meh.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Sergeant

I would say that the style of painting that you see from Forge World differs from that of the 'Eavy Metal team by being a bit grittier. I tend to think this ties in well with the more grown up tone of their product.

Iron Father

I like them, but the fluff ? I'm not sure. Mad men who are chained up inside their suits. I don't know but I've never considered an Astartes the kind of being able to be restrained by chains. Maybe it's a combo of the deactivated armour. The other bit about the squad leader. Again why would 5 nut job space marines even have a squad leader ? The 1st part of the fluff makes these guys sound like raving maniacs hell bent on death and destruction. I'm not sure they could be led or one could lead them. Also it does remind me of the blood angels death company a bit too. I love the models though, I prefer the helmets to the bare heads.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Mad men who are chained up inside their suits. I don't know but I've never considered an Astartes the kind of being able to be restrained by chains. Maybe it's a combo of the deactivated armour.
    Depends on the size of the chains?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    The other bit about the squad leader. Again why would 5 nut job space marines even have a squad leader ? The 1st part of the fluff makes these guys sound like raving maniacs hell bent on death and destruction. I'm not sure they could be led or one could lead them. Also it does remind me of the blood angels death company a bit too. I love the models though, I prefer the helmets to the bare heads.
    Maybe he's not the leader, so much as the most experienced maniac? A better fighter, but not better Leadership. They're probably all Fearless anyway.

Am I the only one who's a bit over FW releasing custom Terminators for each Legion? Couldn't just one Legion have a unique troop type that isn't Terminators?

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Depends on the size of the chains?
    Maybe he's not the leader, so much as the most experienced maniac? A better fighter, but not better Leadership. They're probably all Fearless anyway.
    Well you've made it all make sense now . I do like them.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Likely an alpha male type thing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast