BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is 4.5" too tall for a "counts as" Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought?

Wargames Factory have rolled out the "15mm" Leviathan for Dreamforge. They cost about £3 more than the Forgeworld resin Contemptor kit and is made from styrene.

[url]http://www.wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dreamforge-games/leviathan-crusader-15[/url]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15mm-Scale-Crusader-box.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	6258

wouldn't that be dreadnaught sized?

I guess the question is "How tall is a Contemptor"?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by euansmith View Post
    I guess the question is "How tall is a Contemptor"?
    3.5" or thereabouts, depending on posing... so 4.5 is noticably bigger, but still acceptable to me - especially since it's that much easier to shoot, which in my book is a fair trade for the extra elevation on the guns...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

You could also pose it to be closer in height to FW. Does that kit come with weapons shown?

I think that those are the only weapons currently available for the model in this scale. The original 28mm scale one has a bunch of different options, so maybe they will scale those down too.

If the 15mm scale version is a straight rescale of the original, it will be highly poseable.

First-Captain

not that the Kheres, which this will have to stand in for judging by the looks, is any bad...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Veteran-Sergeant

Would make an awesome DreadKnight.

SJ

The alternate arms are due out in Q1 of 2014.

Just reading the review on Beast of War and they say it is 5.5" tall, so I guess that would count as "too tall for a Contemptor". Dreadknight it is then

Only disadvantaging yourself with the extra height. And a crappy looking model
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast