BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 78 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    Most interesting to me, the absence of the rule that made genestealers independent from synapse creatures. Also the absence of instinctive behavior or any other army wide rule.
    After being able to sleep over it I realized that it's most likely Genestealers don't need the Brood telepathy rule at all, they smply don't test for instinctive behavior because they lack the instinctive behavior rule.

And another half day of rumination was wasted.

Scout

After being able to sleep over it I realized that it's most likely Genestealers don't need the Brood telepathy rule at all, they smply don't test for instinctive behavior because they lack the instinctive behavior rule.

And another half day of rumination was wasted.

Derp.

Brother-Captain

Aw, so by the sounds of it Genestealers are exactly the same... this makes me sad. Such an iconic unit, once feared by all.

Oh well, hopefully the rest of the codex will be better.

Chaplain

I wonder why I don't notice such obvious things earlier but there is indeed no option for a dedicated transport.

I wonder why I don't notice such obvious things earlier but there is indeed no option for a dedicated transport.
    Well that answered that question. I do believe how ever that gene steelers get something to make them better. Games Workshop has done a pretty good job of making most units playable so I do not think we will have to worry. Maybe they have some new thing with synapse or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Aw, so by the sounds of it Genestealers are exactly the same... this makes me sad. Such an iconic unit, once feared by all.

Oh well, hopefully the rest of the codex will be better.
    Or during play-testing it was discovered that Genestealers are perfectly fine as-is with the new rules and units also written into the 6th edition codex.

I mean, the usefulness of a unit isn't decided in a vacuum. Especially with Tyranids who rely so heavily on synergy.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Chapter-Master

As if GW playtests.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Can't read through all 78 pages so this might have been covered. I'm interested to see if any Lord of War slot choices end up in the codex. They only got one in Escalation so it could happen. Would be a big "it's happening, deal with it" message.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    Can't read through all 78 pages so this might have been covered. I'm interested to see if any Lord of War slot choices end up in the codex. They only got one in Escalation so it could happen. Would be a big "it's happening, deal with it" message.
    Forge world put this out: [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/L/lordsofwar.pdf"]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/L/lordsofwar.pdf[/URL]

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Indeed, but I meant from GW proper. While I personally love FW, some of there stuff is a bit more powerful than conventional 40k stuff, which is probably why most of that was left out in the first place given many of the models in Escalation are FW.
    It's not really their lack of LoW choices that interests me, it's the fact this is the first codex post Escalation. Maybe it's too soon and the one after will be the real test, but if a codex gets LoW choices in it, it will set a big precedant.
    Last edited by The Imperial Fist; 12-15-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."