BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 60 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

155 pts is cheaper than what you'd pay for a Heldrake with worse stats if that is true. Curious.

I wouldn't exactly call anything 'confirmed' at this stage.... We have someone saying he read it in the battle report, but only his word about that.

Nit picky I know, but do remain sceptical people!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call anything 'confirmed' at this stage.... We have someone saying he read it in the battle report, but only his word about that.

Nit picky I know, but do remain sceptical people!
    Vhalyar has the White Dwarf, he's leaked some photos as well mate.

@kjolnir Depending on its stats - I personally expect T5 W4 3+ - the thing is definitely crazy good. S8 Vector Strikes are insane, and not just against flyers! One swoop over a Crisis Team will statistically kill them all outright!

Swarmlord is 285 points with psychic Mastery Level 3. That he got a points *increase* but a buff to his psychic abilities (though lacking BRB powers does affect him a lot) I think we can reasonably expect he has even crazier rules than before now!
    A Tervigon with Crushing Claws and psychic Mastery Level 1 is 210 points, which is a 25 point increase than before - and that is before considering Crushing Claws probably got cheaper. Apparently Mastery Level 1 is listed in the army list, which means it may even be a purchased upgrade. That would probably mean a stock Tervigon is around 170 points base with no Mastery Level, if indeed they have to pay for the first one. A decent price boost, but understandable, especially with cheaper Termagants and the potential spawning upgrades (those aren't confirmed).

Overall I'm absolutely ecstatic. I mean, come on, the Exocrine is so big that it surely has to be at least T6 W5 3+. Combine that with its gun and, while not as good as a Riptide, it certainly seems like it comes bloody close firepower-wise. Insane stuff. Also, Vhalyar says that the implication is the Tyrannofex is still the 'tankiest' monster in the codex. That to me probably signals T7 W7 2+.

The Crone though......my god, depending on the stats, what the missiles do and what the flamers' profile is, this thing could be the new Heldrake.....
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 12-11-2013 at 07:56 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Ah fair enough!

Want it out now. Need new Codex. Codex for the Codex Collection! Books for the Bookcase!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

An update, apparently these are points costs in the battle report army in the White Dwarf, and they fit with what has been said earlier.

Swarmlord - 285pts
    Tyrant Guard (Scything Talons, Crushing Claws) - 70pts
    Tervigon (Crushing Claws, 1 power) - 210pts
    Hive Tyrant (2x TL Brainleech Devourer, wings, 2 powers) - 230pts
    Hive Tyrant (Heavy Venom Cannon, 2 powers) - 185pts
    Venomthrope - 45pts
    Hive Crone - 155pts
    Harpy (TL Stranglethorn) - 135pts
    Trygon Prime 230pts
    Exorcine 170 pts (Bio-plasma, large cake or 6 shots s7ap2)
    3 Carnifexes (2x 2TL brainlech Devourers, 1x Stranglethorn) - 435pts
    Tyrannofex (Rupture Cannon) - 205pts

Read more: [url]http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/44428/tyranid-rumours-dec-9?page=50#ixzz2nAt3jP3N[/url]
    Tyrannofex got a massive points decrease, for reference, it is now 60 points cheaper than it used to be with a Rupture Cannon. Seriously, that is the points decrease it needed. That is crazy good.
    Considering 2x TL Brainleech Devourers would likely be costly, at least 10 points per gun, the Carnifexes do indeed seem to be about 120 base. Seems like 120-130 base. Hefty price drop, and very much appreciated.

Here's some amazing new stuff. A Hive Tyrant with Mastery Level 2 (25 point upgrades in EVERY codex) and a Heavy Venom Cannon is now 185 points. This means that at ML1 with the heavy venom cannon it would be 160. A Heavy Venom Cannon is going to be *at least* 10 points, meaning a Hive Tyrant must be 150 points or lower base. Hell to the yes! The fact that the typical Flyrant build even WITH psychic Mastery Level 2 is 30 points cheaper than it used to be is just insane.

Tyrant Guard seem about the same points wise, assuming Crushing Claws are about 15-25 points per model. I'm guessing from the model though that they got a stat boost.

Really.....I was a bit annoyed at the earlier stuff posted.
    Now, it is all vindicated. Even from what little we know, this codex is already a MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT!!!!!
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 12-11-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Check out my blog!

Scout

I hope the codex has a relaxed approch to what each specific unit can be used as, it's getting old and boring that each basic unit have a highly specific task. Like "rock, paper, scissor" game really. And makes with very little variation. And some units/creatures are auto include because you don't really have other options too handle handle stuff like heavy tanks and such.

It could be cool if units like both type of gaunts and ripper swarms would be freely interchangeable, ie. that according to your temperament don't handicap yourself by taking one above the other. Make more diverse armies.
    If ripper swarms just a moss pits to make a living walk to defend large shooting creature, I'm going to be bored to death.

Chapter-Master

Bombs away!

Gargoyles are now troops choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears however that Tervigons do indeed need 30 Termagants in a brood to unlock just one Tervigon as a Troops choice. Also, the guy who posted the photos on 4chan says that he thinks the Tervigon spawning upgrades are fake. Awww. That's fair though.

Holy cow.....just thinking about how amazing these changes are.
    Gargoyles as Troops means we can do entirely 'flying' Tyranid armies, with significantly cheaper flying Hive Tyrants, apparently crazy good Crones/Harpies, and Gargoyles that even if they stayed the same as 5th Edition are good units (likelihood is that they dropped a point per model). Wow.
    We have a Riptide equivalent in the Exocrine. The Tyrannofex, Hive Tyrant, Carnifexes have gotten SO much cheaper.....wow.

I'm so happy for the Tyrannofex most of all. A 60 point drop with the Rupture Cannon is a far, far bigger drop than I had predicted. GW evidently listened!
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 12-11-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

Ok, someone who knows more than me is going off the (most likely accurate) prediction that Twin-Linked Brain Leech Devourers are 20 points each (which is fair). This would actually make Carnifexes 110 points each, and Hive Tyrants around 150-160 base.
    Check out my blog!

Iron Father

Learn2Eel your excitement is far too infectious . I'm already working out how much I can't afford to splurge in January.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Hahaha! Speaking entirely honestly mate, Tyranids have easily gotten a big, big boost, and this is without even knowing the full picture! The Exocrine and Crone are going to be great choices, given that their stat-lines can't possibly be low (expect T6 W5 3+ on the Exocrine at the very least, T5 W4 3+ on the Crone at the very least). Hive Tyrants, Termagants, Hormagaunts, etc all got decent price drops, as did a lot of other units in the codex. The Carnifex and Tyrannofex dropped a ridiculous amount of points (40-50 for the Carnifex, 60 at least for the Tyrannofex). Crazy stuff. The loss of access to BRB powers and slightly nerfed Tervigons won't stop this from being a huge improvement over the previous book.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 12-11-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    Check out my blog!