BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Occuli Imperator

Well with regard to the Red Bulls they have really pushed the envelope in terms of overall design and getting the whole package working. I wonder how much they have had to compromise next year to keep this years car so good.

The interesting move is Massa to Williams, Williams have a chance to make a step forward next year, they have all kinds of resources that the other teams they are racing against don't have and so could seem them pushed towards the front.
    The issues with pay a lotus is again worrying how that would affect the new development.
    Raikkonen to Ferrari I think gives them the best team overall, but without a natural 1/2 there might be some friction.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

Williams can't do much worse than this years results. It's hard to imagine them as the team they were when Mansell and Hill both won championships with them. I really hope Massa with his wealth of experience is able to help them regain some momentum.
    Lotus is a worry, I see Raikonnon is having his back surgery brought forward and this is obviously in conjunction with his pay despite at Lotus. It's odd because Lotus have actually done far better than I expected the last 2 years and I would have thought sponsorship deals would have been easy for them to obtain. Obviously not.
    Next year for me I think Mercedes and Hamilton are our greatest chance of seeing a British number 1 driver. But for me I'm an iceman fan. I just love his personality and no nonsense approach. Anyone who's not available for interviews because he's having a s*it is alright in my books.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Occuli Imperator

Williams are on course for their worst season ever, which is saying something.

Lotus surprised me as well. Competing at the front. Though how much have the compromised next season by continued development this season?

Thinking of the aceman did you hear this? [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/24796310[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Alpha Legion Operative

Lotus have been surprisingly strong, I agree, though when you use your wage budget for development, I suppose that's to be expected :P

Still think, as a whole team, that Red Bull are the strongest, though you'd have to say Ferrari has the strongest driver pairing for individual talent. As a Ferrari fan, I'm looking forward to seeing a 1-1 driver scenario next season, I just hope both drivers are given a machine which can challenge for the title.

Interested to see what happens to Mercedes with/without Ross Brawn...

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Williams are on course for their worst season ever, which is saying something.

Lotus surprised me as well. Competing at the front. Though how much have the compromised next season by continued development this season?

Thinking of the aceman did you hear this? [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/24796310[/url]
    Vettel, sense of humour. Can't be right. Actually to be fair he's a rather likeable lad. I think the booing he got this year was a bit rough to be honest

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by ACE01 View Post
    Lotus have been surprisingly strong, I agree, though when you use your wage budget for development, I suppose that's to be expected :P

Still think, as a whole team, that Red Bull are the strongest, though you'd have to say Ferrari has the strongest driver pairing for individual talent. As a Ferrari fan, I'm looking forward to seeing a 1-1 driver scenario next season, I just hope both drivers are given a machine which can challenge for the title.

Interested to see what happens to Mercedes with/without Ross Brawn...
    Nice to see another F1 "fan" on BoLS. I thought there was just the 3 of us . Obviously your a man of great taste in your sporting choices.

Mercedes without Brawn, I have a feeling they will be just fine. I'm sure the situation was engineered to push Brawn out to be honest. With Honda returning soon to F1 I'm sure he will be doing something with them in the near future.

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Nice to see another F1 "fan" on BoLS. I thought there was just the 3 of us . Obviously your a man of great taste in your sporting choices.

Mercedes without Brawn, I have a feeling they will be just fine. I'm sure the situation was engineered to push Brawn out to be honest. With Honda returning soon to F1 I'm sure he will be doing something with them in the near future.
    Thanks, I try! I do enjoy my sports, though it does limit my hobby time given the quantity of F1 and NFL coverage! As well as F1 (Ferrari), I play (5, 7 & 11-a-side) and follow Football (MUFC), and used to play (but now just follow) the other 'Football' (Bronco's). I'm also a former 100m runner, so I try to keep up with the track, but must confess I don't get much time for it anymore!

Be interesting to see if Brawn takes a year 'out' spent prepping a honda return, Merc should be fine I agree, though will they become the force they could be without his influence.

Occuli Imperator

Brawn requires no down time, look what Team Brawn did!

Alpha Legion Operative

True, but that was built on the Honda success after a year out after leaving Ferrari.

Occuli Imperator

Perhaps. I just want Button to beat Hamilton

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast