BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

Question is what does Hasbro get from buying GW it would require a lot of money to purchase then market and expand especially multi part plastics. Didn't Hasbro have a miniature game many years back and look at how well that did.

Occuli Imperator

I suppose I should talk to one of my mates who is a brand manger at Hasbro about this...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I don't buy it, these rumours haven't just been floating around since 4th edition but since the mid 90s. While some aspects of GWs behaviour might be consistent with seeking to be acquired by a larger company they are also consistent with just trying to maximise revenue amongst other things. So I'll believe it when I see it. It would probably be a very good thing for the hobby so it isn't fear that prompts my disbelief. GW with Hasbro scale investment would be amazing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Surely Hasbro would have bought it up whilst it was cheap a few years back, rather than you know, wait until it was more expensive?

Plus, surely any talk prior to an actual buy out of people interested in a buy out would be insider trading?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I suppose I should talk to one of my mates who is a brand manger at Hasbro about this...
    You know people at Hasbro

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Depends if a) they know and b) I increase my shareholding dramatically
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Surely Hasbro would have bought it up whilst it was cheap a few years back, rather than you know, wait until it was more expensive?

Plus, surely any talk prior to an actual buy out of people interested in a buy out would be insider trading?
    Yep, the GW share price is at it's highest since 2005 and nearly at the levels it reached then at the peak of the LOTR bubble.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Scout

I don't buy this rumour. It may because I would hate to see this happen. I do not believe that it would be good for GW in the long run.

Chapter-Master

But we could finally have Warhammer:Equestria War is magic.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

I'm still angry with Hasbro for not making Star Trek: Birth of the Federation 2, the first one was awesome, so much so I have a virtual machine just to run it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12