BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

I was exposed to RT, but never owned it... After a few years I eventually bought my friends 2nd ed because he was all excited about WHFB. Then Dark millenium came out and I was on crack. I took a break for a few years and then when I was living in Europe started painting red marines for a passing of the time. I couldn't remeber any rules, so just bought more and more to paint. Upon returining to the states 3rd ed was in full swing and I had about 5000 points of painted Blood Angels since then it has been constant.

Duke

Got Adeptus Titanicus, then picked up Rogue trader as an adjunct to my 6mm games and because I loved the boxed games (Space Hulk, Space Crusade, sorta liked Advanced Space Crusade and thought Space Fleet was fun), stuck with it through 2nd edition, dropped it with 3rd edition as it was too much of a change and became somewhat unplayable for me. Though obviously kept up witht he fluff and that as I'm entertained by the setting and still play Epic, BFG, etc.

Chaplain

I started back in '93 shortly after 2nd edition was released. Once 3rd edition hit in '98 I took an involuntary hiatus as no one in my area cared to play by the new rules.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Scout

I started playing when second edition came out. Space marines & Orks. Remember the cardboard killer-can? Only played a short time. Picked it back up with fifth edition.

Chaplain

3rd edition. circa 2000. my friend showed me a space marine land speeder and i was hooked. my first rule book was a used copy bought at a GW auction (back when they had those...), still have it on my shelf next to 4th & 5th ed, although minus the cover, which i lost somewhere...
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Rogue Trader days. Sold my mint condition Batman: Death in the Family comics to buy both the Realms of Chaos books and enough figures to get my Chaos army rolling. Oh for the days of rolling 1d1000x9 for the chaos mutations of my Tzeentchian forces, overpowered, yes, fun, completely.

Chapter-Master

Rogue Trader.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Sergeant

November 1999. My first purchase was a box of guardians, a warlock, and Codex Eldar.

Christmas 2007 I got the Battle for Macragge and started playing Blood Angels (since their codex was free and I am a cheapskate). Then I picked up Rogue Trader off of eBay and have had fun with that, though my FLGS group plays the current edition (I play Marines, either Loyalist, Chaos, or Wolves, depending on what models I want to use, and am building up a DE force).

Come to think of it my first ever exposure to GW was playing "Warhammer Curse of the Horned Rat" for PS1 like 9 years ago. Thought the game was neat but gave up on it after a weekend. Didn't really realize that it was related to a miniature game until I started playing in 40k '06.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast