BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i am in full agreement that twin scatters dont work for each other.. the fact they do have a discrepancy will cause all kinds of rage quitting till they errata that.

would be happily suprised if they leave the serpents as they are, had 3 games with the new flyer 4th game I dropped the flyer and put in a 3rd serpent, never thought I would ever table someone without removing a single model, my opponent didn't get his 3rd turn. Serpents where all minus hull points but still alive.

Don't think I even used the shield as a shield, really good for killing quad guns, vehichles in cover and devastating on rear armour of flyers with the re-rolls, using 3 seemed to be a bit broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramel View Post
    The rule is very clear. You need to fire all the weapons with laser lock first. Which, unfortunately, means that war walkers can't fire one of their scatter lasers and twin-link the second. Also the serpent shield is Assault D6+1, so there is no ambiguity here either, it will work exacly as any other assault weapon shooting a flier.
    Even if this is the case a Squadron of War Walkers still has 24 shots and at BS4 now instead of BS3 you will still get around 15-17 hits on average and being strength 6 they will wound whatever you are shooting at.

Veteran-Sergeant

Of course. I have them in virtually all of my lists. So far they have never dissapointed.
    Donate to the Free Isha Fund today! Bathe regularly and help disinfect the warp with clean dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainhann View Post
    Even if this is the case a Squadron of War Walkers still has 24 shots and at BS4 now instead of BS3 you will still get around 15-17 hits on average and being strength 6 they will wound whatever you are shooting at.
    give them guide and watch the chaos reign.. opps that didnt quite work lol

Glad this was brought up for twin SL war walkers, as I love to play them and have been rolling the dice wrong. Since I play a Farseer on foot, I can Guide the war walkers as needed. Thanks for pointing it out, I wanna play right.

Fly Lord

Yup, the twin SL walkers don't dissapoint - even played correctly. My jetbike farseer is never too far away in any case.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12