BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

I see that they have remembered that most of the conversions from Rogue trader were based on Tomy Zoid toys - that cannon on the 'glaive is a blatant rip off of the shouder cannon of [URL="http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gore+the+lord+protector&hl=en&source=lnms &tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uoBiUdq5C8Wk0AXOr4GoBg&ved=0CAcQ _AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=597"]Gore[/URL] -

Not really. The barrel is similar but far from identical and the shaft (teehee) is similar but an octagonal profile is hardly unique. The FW version has a secondary barrel thing nestled in the angled canopy while Gore has two missile heads sticking out, the FW version has coil things at the base of the shaft, cabling down the side and some kind of coil thing on the top all lacking on the zoid model.

You might as well argue any gun with a cylindrical barrel is a rip off of earlier firearms with cylindrical barrels.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

My point was that every now and again Zoid 'inspired/similar' parts pop up - the walls of many a space hulk were part Zoid, as was Tony Cottrells original 'scout titan' not to mention that some of the RT conversions, with Zoid parts, are so iconic that they have been copied verbatim into the HH Visions books with parts that are easily identified as Zoid.

My point with the 'glaive is that the shape of the end of the barrel is very reminiscent of the end of Gores shoulder launcher – not the entire Zoid.

Brother-Sergeant

So is IA13 with Dark Eldar expected to land this year or do we not have a timeline on it yet?

I've not seen anyone mention a time frame for it, given that IA12 just went up for pre-order around December 2011/January 2012 if I remember I doubt we will see IA13 unless they really step up their pace. Which they only seem to be doing with HH stuff.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

I asked Forge World at Salute about the big land speeder. It's a new unit that will appear in the next HH book 'Massacre'. Fluff wise, it is designed to back up a squadron of jetbikes.

# just sayin

Occuli Imperator

Similiar in size to the big DA landspeeder beasty?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

Looks it I think.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567