Dark Elves*
    Dwarves*

Wood Elves**
    Bretonnians**
    Skaven**

9th edition - 2015

*Order may change, 2014
    ** Maybe late 2014/15
    Last edited by eldargal; 04-03-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Was expecting 9th Ed next year. Though I guess Hobbitty goodness can easily delay this.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Good to see both of my armies (Lizards and Wood Elves) pencilled in for the next few years but I'm of mixed opinions as to when I want them to hit. I'd rather the Elves sooner rather than later but for the Lizards I'm not sure how soon I'd like the new book. Sooner means I get new toys sooner but later means I can get other people to pay for them via xmas and birthday lol.

Veteran-Sergeant

Bretonnians? They do exist!
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Brother-Captain

If they keep up this relentless release schedule I will be very surprised if we only get 2 fantasy armies next year. With High Elves and Lizardmen we'll be at 4 for this year and 3 of those in the first 5 months. I wouldn't bet against there being another fantasy army this year for that matter at the rate we are seeing army books/codexes come out at.

No mention of Beastmen or Skaven? I find that a bit strange.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 03-27-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Well it is possible we might see Dark Elves, Dwarves and Wood Elves next year, the actual dates aren't exactly set in stone.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Was expecting 9th Ed next year. Though I guess Hobbitty goodness can easily delay this.
    Hobbit will be an end of year release to coincide with the movie and shouldn't affect the release of new editions (as 2012 demonstrated).

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    If they keep up this relentless release schedule I will be very surprised if we only get 2 fantasy armies next year. With High Elves and Lizardmen we'll be at 4 for this year and 3 of those in the first 5 months. I wouldn't bet against there being another fantasy army this year for that matter at the rate we are seeing army books/codexes come out at.

No mention of Beastmen or Skaven? I find that a bit strange.
    I wouldn't be surprised, Warhammer is back to playing second fiddle to 40k again.

I'm not to surprised about Skaven, they were the last book done in the previous edition, sell well and are very competitive under the current rules. Beastmen are a curious omission though. I'll still be amazed if we see WE under this rules set (unless it is a very late book written for 9th ed rules).
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Hobbit will be an end of year release to coincide with the movie and shouldn't affect the release of new editions (as 2012 demonstrated).

I wouldn't be surprised, Warhammer is back to playing second fiddle to 40k again.

I'm not to surprised about Skaven, they were the last book done in the previous edition, sell well and are very competitive under the current rules. Beastmen are a curious omission though. I'll still be amazed if we see WE under this rules set (unless it is a very late book written for 9th ed rules).
    Beastmen came out in early 2010 while Skaven were November of 2009. That aside, I agree that beastmen need a book more than Skaven. However, like all of GWs games, each release changes the overall dynamic. The Daemon release hit Skaven particularly hard as now there are cheap flaming cannons in two armies (dwarves and daemons). In addition the chaos table, depending on the interpretation, hurts Skaven players more since they usually have more units on the table. So already we are seeing a change in how Skaven generals select their army for an all-comers list.

Again, I just want a reprinted Skaven book that includes all the errata/FAQ information. I essentially have to carry two books with me right now.

Personally, I think GW will continue the pace of 1-book a month but people have to be prepared that at least one month will be Hobbit related, one month for mystery boxes, and probably another for an Expansion/splash release. Still, 9 books in a year? I'm a fan.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

I'm a little dissapointed that 40k seems to be getting so much more love than WFB. I understand it's inevitible (and understandable, if i'm honest) due to the increased sales 40k brings, but rubbish like the hobbit/lotr releases could have been more army books which makes me a sad nerd.

3 army books per year sounds doable to me, combine that with four 40k codexes and you have a busy schedule (apparently the intended direction) that still has time for random splash releases like Apocalypse and Blood Bowl or bait & switch waves ala Skullcrushers & Screamers.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
    I'm a little dissapointed that 40k seems to be getting so much more love than WFB. I understand it's inevitible (and understandable, if i'm honest) due to the increased sales 40k brings, but rubbish like the hobbit/lotr releases could have been more army books which makes me a sad nerd.

3 army books per year sounds doable to me, combine that with four 40k codexes and you have a busy schedule (apparently the intended direction) that still has time for random splash releases like Apocalypse and Blood Bowl or bait & switch waves ala Skullcrushers & Screamers.
    You have a point about 40k generating more sales, though it is more to do with 40k being a new edition. IIRC, when 8th ed was first out we had more army book releases than codexes. Hobbit releases won't affect Warhammer or 40k. The big release window for Hobbit is December when there are never any big releases for the two main systems and all the other Hobbit releases so far have been alongside Warhammer and 40k.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast