BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Painting a Medieval Castle Display

Ok, so we've just built a castle based on a medieval design. This is our first building and we're still new so we came on here to ask for any tips or tricks. We're also going to showcase our castle on some kind of board. Anyone know any cheap, smallish pieces of scenery we can use to really make it look good.
    Cheers guys. Dan

Occuli Imperator

Hello and welcome

On large peices I would say texuture and dry brushing are your friend or air sprays if you have them.

Which castle do you use for your inspiration?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

As to the board, knowing the size of your castle would help... "smallish" isn't very precise

Chapter-Master

If you are going grey for the colour scheme, a tip I got from the old city fight book, is to paint the grey, dark wash (sort of nuln oil) over the top. Then, from a distance of some 12" (1', 30 cm) away, spray white. This does a nice highlight of the grey.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Thanks guys. The scale is about 84cm width, and 15cm high. Thickness of the walls 5cm and it's a giant square if that helps.
    The castles called Bodiam Castle. A link can be found [URL="http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/bodiam-castle/"]http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/bodiam-castle/[/URL]
    Thanks for the help so far!