BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Storm Eagle Seating on Flier Stand

Has anyone had any luck with getting the Storm Eagle to sit properly on its flier stand? It seems to sit pretty wobbly on there now, and I've heard other people complaining about this problem.

Brother-Sergeant

I've had similar problems to with my Raven Guard Storm Eagle, which was knocked off it's base and broke. As far as I know all other GW plastic flyer kits are hollow and the flyer stand sits quite firmly.

Something I may try is to emulate the GW kits and hollow the socket out, this might give the stand something grip onto.

Use a Dremel or drill and open up the "t" slot - No more issues.

You can also step-up to the $5.00 Secret Weapon Miniatues Flight stand. An inexpensive price for your expensive model.

[url]http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_58&produ cts_id=250[/url]

I use these for all of my Forgeworld Fliers. Just mount and drill a hole in the model. The SWM bases can be ordered with a matching hole pre-drilled in the base.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett