BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Its one of the problems on the internet, one lone guy can make something look like a much bigger issue than it really is, he's obviously a weirdo obsessive, he ranted at the new manager, ranted at customer services and is now ranting at the internet in most of the forums he can find.

Occuli Imperator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	troll.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	3634
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 02-05-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Linkage?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Linkage?
    Fixed?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

No no no.

Want to see all these rants. They sound like a laugh.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Default Store Restrictions

On the subject of changes in store, i have noticed the same at my local (which i shall not mention at this time).

I believe the manager had a visit from their area manager and now there are several new "rules" in place. Gaming night has reduced by an hour (which isn't too bad but does restrict those who work during the week) and apparently we have to book painting slots, and only for things that we need help with. I.e guidance on a technique.

We haven't spoken to our Manager yet, but we plan too as he is also part of our Outside of GW group. However if things are enforced, then im Afraid GW may have lost a customer. Now it might sound like im throwing my toys out the pram, but I have been a Customer of GW since i was 8. I'm now 24 so thats 16 years of my custom. In that time, prices have risen 3 fold, bad mangers have come and gone (one so bad that they were fired because the store lost all of its customers for a while, i was away thankfully during this time), sales and offers have dissapeared and countless other things that seem to alienate the "veteran" gamer.

Now i paint instore because quite frankly, I enjoy a bit of the social aspect and the lighting is good. I bring all my own paints, my own glue etc, hell i'd even bring my own water if i had to. In my many years i have helped out with painting store miniatures, gamesday boards, and even given the odd piece of advice/tutorial to new gamers and hobbyists in passing conversation. One guy recently went from painting individual models to painting whole armies, and hes one of the best painters ive seen and he's being doing the hobby less that a year. If these new rules are enforced and people like myself and him for example are forced out the door then Good luck GW will be my motto. I'll shop elsewhere. As this would be the final nail in the coffin, as im tiring of being a loyal customer with no return.

Librarian

What addamsfamily said is exactly like my store. Almost to the letter. I don't know if he's from Reading but this is how the "vets" are feeling here. It used to be so kl in the store. We could chill and paint in big groups and just suck in the hobby. I miss it. I don't think it helps GW to be like this but i don't think its the "end" of GW as dome seem to be making out.

Simple answer? Start your own club.

Only hard bit is finding a venue, but in this climate many pubs will be happy to rent out a function room, ditto church halls and scout huts.

The community is what we make it.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Start your own club.
    i would but there is one all ready. Its just at a bad place for me. All will be solved when i get a car.

Can still start your own.

Plus, realm of battle or build your own, home gaming is ace.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast