BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Mantic was able to. I think, from pure hearsay and conjecture, it has something to do with having a US bank account, not being a US company. Again, I'd love if they'd just partner with CMoN with the express purpose of being like Mantic, but with better products.
    Sounds about right. Some friends of friends tried to use it and couldn't, I wasn't clear on exactly why.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Ironshields from AoWs Facebook page:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Anotehr unit, bronzeshields or something:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

If you have the capability to make shields out of iron, why would you still be making them out bronze? In fact, why are they making them out of metal at all? Silly dwarfs.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I always assumed it was more about the ornament, bronze trim etc. Afterall a metal shield is a ridiculous concept anyway, if it is thick enough to deflect anything it is too heavy to use. If it isn't too heavy it isn't sturdy enough to be of any use. Shields are wood, leather and a bit of metal trim and ornament and such like.

Perhaps it's not meant to be Bronzeshields at all. Maybe 'Bronzehield' is the name of the Dwarf leader and he's just started up a new, or young, clan. So it should actually read 'Bronzehield's Young Clan Warriors' No?
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Chapter-Master

Good points both. I hadn't noticed the spelling, I think DD is on to something.

Chaplain

On a slightly related topic concerning rumours for Avatars of war.

I have it on very good authority there will be a Kroxigor sized lizardman making an appearance at some point.

I am not allowed to say when, unfortunately.

Yay!

You do make the sexiest Lizardmen, Build.

Compliments to the sculptor.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast