BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

EDIT- Fair enough, I tried to soothe, but as it's not wanted, I'll take it elsewhere. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by WanderingLurker; 08-29-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingLurker View Post
    On the other hand, the Mods do not ban for no reason, so by process of elimination there must have been a reason for the banning.
    If we're talking about warseer, then 'stick up their ***' is a viable reason.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    HORSEMEN.
    we shall derail all the threads!
    What's the point in that? Most of the threads are useless drivel anyway and the ones that aren't are usually locked by mods after a few days of reasonable discussion for no good reason.

:-)
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Yep, on some blog or other someone posted a screenshot of their ban message which was 'trolling' because they complained to a mod that they felt one of their warning was unjustified.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    If we're talking about warseer, then 'stick up their ***' is a viable reason.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I've heard of several cases like yours, where a perfectly reasonable individual was banned for a nonsense reason.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I just got banned from Warseer...

And I have no ******* idea why, because I haven't done any of these things.

I did have a brief debate with someone about the merits of WD poll scoring but that was neitehr trolling nor ignoring staff requests so I have no idea what is going on.
    Warseer's mods have a weird tendency to give out warnings for bizarre things, which can add up into bans fast. I recall a friend got warned because he made an hyperbole filled analogy that involved a hypothetical dog dying. Also, they keep permabanning useful contributors for poor or flimsy reasons. I was surprised to see you banned there, though knowing the moderators there, I suppose I shouldn't be.

Brother-Captain

To recap what I'd said previously, Warseer is s cesspit thanks to their mods. The mods there are complete and thorough douche-bags, particularly "t-tauri" and "philbrad2". These aren't just my opinions - you can find similar sentiments posted throughout the gaming community. Frankly, you are better off not having to deal with the inane mewlings of witless drama mommas.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

I did have a brief debate with someone about the merits of WD poll scoring but that was neitehr trolling nor ignoring staff requests so I have no idea what is going on.

When I was perusing one of the rumour threads I noticed the "banned" label on an Eldargal post, and that was quite a surprise. I know that Warseer does some ridiculous crap sometimes, but of all the people who I'd expected to see banned, you were probably on the bottom of the list. It's sad that Warseer is willing to toss out someone who knows the source materiel and hobby, but keeps condescending morons like Avian and Rick Blaine around. Who are they axing next? MajorWesJanson? Harry?

Fly Lord

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at this entire affair.

Eldargal is one of the 40k community pillars, and dances between major forums like a Harlequin in the webway bringing news and rumors wherever she stops. For such a longtimer to get banned from any of the large sites is a big deal unless there was beyond the pale behavior involved (which is not the case).

The community is smaller than most people think and things like this can affect the reputation of sites.

If this was the action of a dim-witted low-level mod and is corrected quickly its one thing. If this is a senior mod action and Warseer stands by it, its not a good sign for the openness and diversity of their community.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Have you tried actually contacting the mods/admins via email to at least find out why?

I mean, I've been there for years spouting off like a jackass half the time and never even had anything worse than a warning which was rescinded a couple of hours later.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast