BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default There is Nothing Wrong with Aftermarket Goods

Friends, the shoulder pads are why it's here in 40K. Also, at least here in America, there is nothing wrong with making after market products! I could, if I cared to, build custom hoods (called "bonnets" over there, I believe) for Ford Mustangs. I could advertise them as being FOR Ford Mustangs (they wouldn't fit anything else in the known universe) and I wouldn't be impinging upon anyone's IP or need anyone's permission.

I can't express it any more simply than that. I completely agree with EldarGal that doing these things is neither reprehensible nor wrong. My custom hood ("bonnet") example is directly analogous to making shoulder pads for GW's Space Marines. Chapterhouse is perfectly within their rights to make custom shoulder pads FOR Space Marines. They don't need GW's approval and they aren't ripping anyone off.

It's hard to imagine that British laws are so different from American laws when it comes to aftermarket goods.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

There is however fault with their practice, they came about it in such an arrogant and incorrect way.

Anyway, we're not having anymore GW vs CHS debates, let the courts do that.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by addamsfamily36 View Post
    Wow. actually wow.

Not even trying to hide the blatant rip off. Shape changers? Just call them kroxigor and be done with it.

I'm just happy to see that these look terrible compared to their "inspiration"

(Mods apologies for my outburst, but i think it's terrible that a company is allowed to promote on BOLS in the first place where other companies pay for advertising. especially when said company is riding off the back of another)
    Those companies are prevented from posting in the forums by paying for advertising or are they simply uninterested in engaging their customers through this social media avenue? Consider Spikey Bits, I don't think they pay to have featured articles on BoLS though those articles are pretty much entirely advertisements to use their services.

Quality aside, I think it's great that a company is willing to fill in gaps and conversion opportunities at a pretty affordable rate. I've seen people proxy with things that aren't from GW and, as a mostly casual player, I don't see how it's at all a problem.

http://www.fleetingimmaterium.com

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    Friends, the shoulder pads are why it's here in 40K. Also, at least here in America, there is nothing wrong with making after market products! I could, if I cared to, build custom hoods (called "bonnets" over there, I believe) for Ford Mustangs. I could advertise them as being FOR Ford Mustangs (they wouldn't fit anything else in the known universe) and I wouldn't be impinging upon anyone's IP or need anyone's permission.

I can't express it any more simply than that. I completely agree with EldarGal that doing these things is neither reprehensible nor wrong. My custom hood ("bonnet") example is directly analogous to making shoulder pads for GW's Space Marines. Chapterhouse is perfectly within their rights to make custom shoulder pads FOR Space Marines. They don't need GW's approval and they aren't ripping anyone off.

It's hard to imagine that British laws are so different from American laws when it comes to aftermarket goods.
    JESUS!!

Mate your in probably the biggest legal battle of your life, why do you continously keep offing your mouth in the public domain, seriously. And don't give me that "free speech and right to bare arms" BS!

I mean your lawyer HAS to be telling you to shut the hell up right? Its seriously never in your interests to post stuff like this.

Default Daboarder, what are you going on about?

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    JESUS!!

Mate your in probably the biggest legal battle of your life, why do you continously keep offing your mouth in the public domain, seriously. And don't give me that "free speech and right to bare arms" BS!

I mean your lawyer HAS to be telling you to shut the hell up right? Its seriously never in your interests to post stuff like this.
    I'm not sure I understand your post. Daboarder, please clarify what you mean. What are you going on about?

I will (simply) re-state my position: there is nothing illegal or immoral about after-market goods. For example, I could make after-market bonnets for Ford Mustangs and I DON'T NEED FORD'S PERMISSION TO DO SO. This is directly analogous to CHS making shoulder pads for Space Marines.

There. I've clearly stated my position. Daboarder, what is your position? I don't understand your last post. Cheers.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Chaplain

I think daboarder's made the assumption/mistake of thinking that you are affiliated with Chapterhouse?
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Default None of it makes any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by The AKH View Post
    I think daboarder's made the assumption/mistake of thinking that you are affiliated with Chapterhouse?
    I'm not sure. The entire post is indecipherable to me. I'm waiting to see what he says. I truly am curious.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Yeah I have NO IDEA! what I was thinking.....

NB: Never post from the pub

Chapter-Master

Yeah, it isn't helpful to forming a well reasoned, and more importantly grammatically accurate (it is the internet afterall...) argument....

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Yeah I have NO IDEA! what I was thinking.....

HAHAHAHA! Oh man, that is awesome! Sir, I salute you!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456