BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Do monsterous calvary get monstrous support attacks

The way the rules are worded, the monstrous cavalry get the bonuses of monstrous infantry rules, but it does not specify the monstrous support rule (which is a separate ability listed in the monstrous infantry entry.)

Do monstrous cav only get one support attack? Most everyone in my LGS think it's three support attacks but we can't find anything to rule for our cause.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

In short, no. Only the rider of the monstrous cavalry get supporting attacks.

As you stated, Monstrous Support is not listed under Monstrous Cavalry. According to the BRB, Monstrous Cavalry follow all the rules for Cavalry with the addition of Stomp, Monstrous Ranks, and the use of the mount's W characteristic. That means only the riders get supporting attacks.

I do believe this is even the same for Mournfang Cavalry despite Ogres being Monstrous Infantry when unmounted.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserdean View Post
    Do monstrous cav only get one support attack? Most everyone in my LGS think it's three support attacks but we can't find anything to rule for our cause.
    Yeah in the brb only monstrous infantry get the 3 attack support (monstrous support), however the faq fixes this

Page 83 – Monstrous Cavalry
    Add “MONSTROUS SUPPORT
    Furthermore, the rider of a monstrous cavalry model can make
    as many supporting attacks as are on its profile, up to a
    maximum of three.” to the end of the paragraph.