BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    With the Grey Knights and Coteaz you can have a Inquisitional army with plasma pistols.

I think Warrior Acolytes can replace their las-pistol and/or their chain sword for plasma pistols. Would be nice against all terminator armies.
    This would be pure win if its true. Ill dig out my codex and check. If so anyone anygood sci-fi cowboy style models?

my fellow floridians VB is a **** town but close to half way between orlando and miami if you ladies ever want to schedule a game. We got a small but good crowd here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiazi View Post
    This would be pure win if its true. Ill dig out my codex and check.
    It is possible, but only for three acolytes per warband.

Sisters of Battle. Seraphim all have dual pistols, hand flamers, or meltas. They're pretty good now, to boot!
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Banned

This reminds me of a Tau "Ronin" unit specifically made to dual-wield pulse pistols. These guys were meant to be behind lines and screw with enemy Reserver Rolls.

Never did model one.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    This reminds me of a Tau "Ronin" unit specifically made to dual-wield pulse pistols. These guys were meant to be behind lines and screw with enemy Reserver Rolls.

Never did model one.
    What Tau Ronin is this? I would so model a renegade Tau force (not Chaos) with a rogue samurai theme. Yup that sounds awesome.

@Thiazi: when I get back stateside I'll talk to my group and see how the situation has changed. Things weren't looking so good with so few players, but there were a lot of potential players interested. We'll see. Till then I think going with SoB is a good idea thematically speaking but you're going to need allies as SoB are seriously lacking. They're not bad, but allying them with some IG wouldn't hurt.

Space wolves can do it, take Logan Grimnar and wolf guards as troops, buy two pistols for each wolf guard.

Chapter-Master

Ohhh. So any model with two pistols automatically gets "Gunslinger?"

www.queencityguard.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hydra View Post
    What Tau Ronin is this? I would so model a renegade Tau force (not Chaos) with a rogue samurai theme. Yup that sounds awesome.
    It was a custom unit I made up back when I was building Tau. Unfortunately, the site that had the build went through a recent revamp, so the exact data's not available for look up.

They had a basic Fire Warrior build and equipment, except for +1 I and WS (I can't remember if they had +1 BS). Their story was to work deep behind enemy lines, even deeper than Stealth Suits. They had Stealth, 2 Pulse Pistols, and a Marker Light as a base. They also had a unique Deep Strike allowing them to come in next to terrain. Also part of their Special Rules, they had to start in Reserves and they either -1 to your opponent's Reserve Roll or allowed for a Reroll and could not be Rolled for Reserve while your opponent had any Reserves.

Maybe when Second Sphere gets their archives back up, I can copy them into Homebrew Rules.
    Last edited by Charistoph; 07-09-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    It was a custom unit I made up back when I was building Tau. Unfortunately, the site that had the build went through a recent revamp, so the exact data's not available for look up.

They had a basic Fire Warrior build and equipment, except for +1 I and WS (I can't remember if they had +1 BS). Their story was to work deep behind enemy lines, even deeper than Stealth Suits. They had Stealth, 2 Pulse Pistols, and a Marker Light as a base. They also had a unique Deep Strike allowing them to come in next to terrain. Also part of their Special Rules, they had to start in Reserves and they either -1 to your opponent's Reserve Roll or allowed for a Reroll and could not be Rolled for Reserve while your opponent had any Reserves.

Maybe when Second Sphere gets their archives back up, I can copy them into Homebrew Rules.
    Dude, that is so cool. PM when it comes back up or when you copy them over to HB rules section. Having a veteran Tau army with actual close combat units sounds pretty awesome and your dual wielding Tau unit seems like the perfect base.

Thanks in advance.

Veteran-Sergeant

im definitely gonna model a wolfguard (or two) with dual pistols, expensive points wise but too cool!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast