BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

That was a bit harsh.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

I am a little bit gutted that 'Nids can't ally with anyone, even themselves as there were lots of 2nd Edition builds such as Genestealer Cults that would have been great to bring back.

I can see why they can't from a gamer's perspective, but Genestealer Cults do still exist in current canon, the Ciaphas Caine novels spring to mind.

Librarian

i am plannning either to add a contingent of DE or Orks to my necron army, i just cant decide which!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    I am a little bit gutted that 'Nids can't ally with anyone, even themselves as there were lots of 2nd Edition builds such as Genestealer Cults that would have been great to bring back.

I can see why they can't from a gamer's perspective, but Genestealer Cults do still exist in current canon, the Ciaphas Caine novels spring to mind.
    Just do it anyway. I would tell the people I'd field a Genestealer Cult and if they say no, they're jerks. It's perfectly fine because points wise it's not easy to pull off anyway. A note about that: you should field an IG army instead, then add a Tyranid detachment. It balances the armies better. If you field Tyranids with an IG detachment, you'll be restricted on how much heavy support you can bring. Which is the only reason you'd bring an IG detachment for Nids.

I'm with Black Hydra on this one; just tell your opponent you're fielding a Genestealer cult, unless they are total tools they will be fine with it. Of course, the flipside of this coin is that your GS cult should be modeled as such..

Chaplain

I hope it's ok to post pics up in here, but this is how I shall be using allies:

It's almost like GW were reading my blog.....

Thank God for 6th Edition!!

Occuli Imperator

If you keep posting such pretty pictures carry on!

They look really good.

PDF with marine support, looks fantastic, brilliantly sits with the fluff and nice to see Ultramarines + Imperial Guard without snow bases.

I am thinking you need to find a nid player for some cynimatic gaming
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

We have three 'Nid players in our group and I have been banging on at them for about a year to let me do a narrative campaign, if we do I will be sure to post pics.

Occuli Imperator

That would be super
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

That's a very nicely constructed pdf force.
    Any allies I get will do as they do now, sit looking pretty next to each other in the cabinet...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast