BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I also find it strange Orks having allies, it seems to me that they would have enough issues trying to ally with themselves let alone another race

The Blood Axes are infamous for Hiring them self as mercs in exchanges for weapons and gear. (Thow alot of times once the fighting if over, the Blood Axes use their new guns agiest the people who hired them.)

It's the reason why the other Ork Clans don't trust them, and accuse them of not being Orky enough.

So because of the Blood Axes, it makes sense for the Orks to be able to be allied by any faction who are not above using Xenos Mercs.

Personally I'm a huge Fan of the Blood Axes, and the allies system has me hopeful they will start becoming more prominent in the Ork fluff instead of being over shadowed by the Goffs/Evil sunz/Bad Moons.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-25-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Occuli Imperator

Oh yes I am aware of that, but Blood Axes are just stormboyz
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Initiate
    Peculiar, Missouri. Yes, Peculiar is a town.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    If Eldar + Eldar allows me to take more Harlequins, then I'm all for it.
    No ally with yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Oh yes I am aware of that, but Blood Axes are just stormboyz
    lul, wut?

Please stop right now, because it's painfully obvious you don't actually know any of the ork fluff with the above comment.
    =C

The Blood Axes are one of the Ork Klans, Saying their nothing but Storm Boys/Kommandoz is like saying the Bad Moons are nothing but flash gits, or that the Deff Skullz are nothing but Lootahs!
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    lul, wut?

Please stop right now, because it's painfully obvious you don't actually know any of the ork fluff with the above comment.
    =C

The Blood Axes are one of the Ork Klans, Saying their nothing but Storm Boys/Kommandoz is like saying the Bad Moons are nothing but flash gits, or that the Deff Skullz are nothing but Lootahs!
    Please stop right now, because it's painfully obvious you don't actually know the language you are typing in with the above comment.
    =C

... Ork Klans, Saying their
    Ork Klans, saying they're

I am perfectly aware of the fluff, but made an oversight, I say perfectly aware I don't actually have my copy of Waaargh the Orks (or however many As it has), I made a slip I am fallible just like anyone else.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    Raise your hand, or comment below, if you are NOT going to be using the new Allies Rule.

I for one won't be, as I don't feel the need or desire to. I don't see why it's in the BRB in the first place. For larger games perhaps, but that's Apocalypse where almost anything goes.
    then don't use it. I for one will be allying marines and guard to make the perfect adeptus mechanicus army.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It's not racist when you are objectively superior to everyone else. /fistbumps nearby Howling Banshee
    Superior? you're still mostly flesh. Surely you realize that fact makes you highly inferior to the machine cult.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Everyone hated codex creep. This is GW's answer. Embrace it. It allows for "almost" everyone's favorite army to get a taste of the new toys.

If Nids are really good in this edition, I would be pretty damn happy about that. I want a low model count nid army. It would be more fun then pooping gaunts all day hoping for a draw.

Battle-Brother

My hormagaunts outside of synapse range can get 4 attacks on the charge per base (potentially with poison - if it would still exist...)

We'll be using allies as well.

Primarily for two reasons:

1. CSM *should* have real Daemons on the field with them, not those under powered generic things.

2. SM *should* have IG detachments to go with them as well.

That said, I'm not too keen on the FOC requirements for the allies. I would have preferred it being a 2 troop min with one optional elite OR heavy with no HQ's allowed.

I think it's a bit more realistic that a commander would requisition some extra grunt forces and not extra leaders.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast