BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Pro Painted armies on Ebay

Come on people! You probably aren't a professional miniature painter, in fact usually when I see that I know right away it's bull$h!t! Anyway most pro painted armies I've seen look fine as a cohesive force on a table, but are kind of sloppy. Which is the point I guess, but don't list your army on Ebay when you know dang well the paint job is crap, or you need glasses or my standards are to high. Or I'm just a jerk. Not everyone is a pro painter. It's ok, just put painted army in the description and stop fooling yourselves, and trying to fool a potential buyer.
    Last edited by doublek666; 04-05-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typo

Veteran-Sergeant

Second that!!
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Librarian

Third That! It is ridiculous what kind of crap is listed as "Pro Painted" and 98 out of 100 times if you email the seller and ask who the "pro" was he/she will be actually baffled by your question.

Chaplain

If you pay someone to do a service, no matter the amount. It is, by definition; PROFESSIONAL.
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

First-Captain

Fourthed. It is becoming a meaningless title.

Librarian

Totally agree...

As Energongoodie said, it has become a meaningless title... Many people with their armies painted try to sell them in a more expensive way with that "Propainted" etiquette... but as all of you said, not all the Propainted are so Pro...

I should understand that a Golden Demon winner sells a Propainted miniature, but a person who has not that painting level... that can be a good painted mini, but not a pro level
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

My rule of thumb is that if it doesn't mention the "pro" it was painted by, it isn't pro-painted.

If the models were painted by an actual acclaimed professional, they're going to brag about it.

I apologize if this sounds like me being a troll, but it is a pet-peeve of mine.

Pro- does not mean well painted or expert painted. It simply means that you get paid for doing a service, like what Mystery.Shadow said.

If they list it as expert painted, or well painted that is a different story, and is entirely dependent on perspective, or the "Eye of the Beholder."

Anyone can be a professional, as long as you got paid for the service. I once based, and undercoated a friends army for $20. It was a simple job and took me 30 minutes, but I got paid to do it, and by definition I am a "pro."

Chapter-Master

look at it the other way, no-ones going to buy a 'nicely painted' mini opposed to a 'professionally painted' mini are they :P

and on the subject i am selling a nicely painted mordak and a nicley painted sanguinary priest!

-fuzz

*it wouldn't be me if i didn't shamelessly self promote at every opportunity would it
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

My favorite one recently was the "partially propainted" troll bloods. "Partially propainted?" frankly they looked like complete crap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast